It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House panel approves measure to make abortion a felony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well I think this is a good start. I do like the fact that they removed the cases of 'mother's life' though. The big three exceptions need to be examined more throughly but the 'convenience and birth control reasons' need to be outlawed.

I guess it is a good thing that Bush will appoint the next justice isn't it?

Some of you will be pissed but many of us will be thankful when Roe V Wade is overturned.

House panel approves measure to make abortion a felony

PIERRE, S.D. - Abortion should be a crime in South Dakota if states are given the right to outlaw the medical procedure, a House panel recommended Friday.

The State Affairs Committee unanimously approved HB1249, which would make it a felony to do abortions if Roe v. Wade, the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion, is overturned. The bill would allow exceptions in cases where a pregnant woman's life is at risk.

Those who do abortions could face up to two years in prison and a $2,000 fine.

The committee changed the bill to remove a provision that would have made it a crime to advise women to seek abortions.

Rep. Joel Dykstra, R-Canton, the bill's prime sponsor, said it is designed to protect the rights of fetuses in case states are given the right to regulate abortion.

Rachel Hansen of the South Dakota Right to Life Committee, which helped draft the bill, said abortion rights supporters are gearing up for a fight in case the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.

Source

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yes RVW made it so but I would leave it up to the states. Cali wants to continue sucking brains out of 40 week gestational children, let them.

Massachusetts wants let priests marry priests when no altar boys are available. Fine then move

Then after just a few years everyone will see what a Godless state produces and what a Godless state deserves. We all reap what we sow.

I for one live in a blue state. Funny nobody seemed to vote for Kerry?

In Milwaukee they have found thousands of fraudulent votes. Seems that may have been enough for Kerry. Who know maybe Hillary can get her way and felons can vote legally (they vote illegally anyway in Chicago).www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes RVW made it so but I would leave it up to the states. Cali wants to continue sucking brains out of 40 week gestational children, let them.

It is very much a federal issue, as one of the few legitimate functions of the federal government is to protect our lives.

Real responsible logic there, BTW. Let me sink to your level for just a moment and say if your state wants to allow rapists to have their way with your wife, let them. States rights, after all.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is not the police's roll to prevent crime otherwise they would be liable. It is my job to defend my wife and teach her to avoid dangerous situations that may result in rape. God, help the person that rapes my wife or daughter. He will not get off on a technicality. But I will love the child that may result from such. Actually I pray that never happens for revenge is the Lord's. That would truly be a trial for me.

I do not condone evil. But it exists non the less. Go to the blue counties and look at the crime levels. They reap what they sow.

top topics

join