It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says it's "lose lose" in the new trade war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: alldaylong

Chrysler isn't a German car maker though (?)

Chrysler was owned by Daimler for a time.

And that is arguably around the time that Chryslers were s***. Might still be to some degree, though I like the trucks and the Challenger. Charger should have gotten the retro treatment, but I digress.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

385 Billion in imports from China. Not exactly a drop in the bucket. What percentage of actual products that contain components from China? A bit of research says that a trade war is tom foolery from either perspective. The only one that suffers is consumers, and they pay dearly. Even if you bring manufacturing back to US there are no trading partners to import higher cost goods. It is this plague of "Good Enough" mentality. If US manufacturing is to be competitive there can be no loss in quality and must be a drop in price. Either of these problems are almost impossible to solve. People cannot work for a lower wage and live in a US city. You must have trade incentives in order to have people buy your goods. Offshore manufacturing suffers quality control to keep costs low.

Me I love the old "American made" motto. But the reality is there are few high quality low price options in the US.

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, when we get to the point of wanting to work in plastics factories again, we will be on top of the world.

<< 1   >>

join