It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porton Down experts unable to verify 'precise source of novichok'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Haha, so true! Apparently Putin has ties to Russia, btw. Can you imagine?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Its true that the USSR appears to have been the only nation to put the Novichok nerve agent into production. From what I've read, they had two plants manufacturing the nerve agent, one in Uzbekistan and one in Kazakhstan. After the collapse of the USSR and Uzbekistan had gained independence, the government had to illicit Western help in dismantling the plant and decontaminating the area.

However, all that being the case, the USSR isn't the only country to have synthesized the 5 chemical agents known as the Novichok nerve agent.
Iran has as well!
www.spectroscopynow.com...,1,1,1,1,1,1=&&tzchec k=1

And see: www.larouchepub.com...

From that site: Per Craig Murray, former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan:

“This makes complete nonsense of the Theresa May’s ‘of a type developed by Russia’ line, used to Parliament and the UN Security Council,” Murray writes. “This explains why Porton Down [Britain’s Defense Science and Technology Laboratory] have refused to cave in to governmental pressure to say the nerve agent was Russian. If Iran can make a Novichok, so can a significant number of states. [emphasis in original] “While Iran acted absolutely responsibly in cooperating with the OPCW, there are a handful of rogue states operating outwith the rule of international law, like Israel and North Korea, which refuse to ratify the Chemical Weapons Convention, join the OPCW or destroy their chemical weapons stocks,”

While I understand the importance of the Left's insistence on the anti-Russian narrative, it appears to me that what may be overlooked is the fact that regardless of who was responsible, be it Russia or a Western orchestrated false-flag event, what's been learned is that damnably disastrous chemical of mass destruction may well have fallen into the hands of "rogue" states with ties to known terrorist groups.

Iran doesn't need nuclear weapons if it has missiles tipped with this nerve gas! Nor does ISIS, or Al Queda for that matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Why are you not posting where the interview is from? If you see the video on Sky News it outlines the details.

It isn't Porton Down's job to identify the exact source of manufacture.

Mr Aitkenhead added: "It is our job to provide the scientific evidence of what this particular nerve agent is, we identified that it is from this particular family and that it is a military grade, but it is not our job to say where it was manufactured." However, he confirmed the substance required "extremely sophisticated methods to create, something only in the capabilities of a state actor".

Sky News Video Link of interview

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Sniffing the frontdoor is a great idea. I see you learned from it.

Your intention tough: aww
Does this

cheer you up?
Smile

for me.

edit on 3-4-2018 by Peeple because: Spell

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
I told boris not to eat the cucumber slices on level 3.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

That's how false flags work. They plant it, everyone falls for it, and then (a few of us) find the true.

I read earlier today that Moscow made some interesting comments about this being a distraction for the Brexit...

And people call conspiracy theorists nuts.

and then there is

7 Mar 2018 - Vladimir Putin will win the election -- that's a given. But there's one thing that the Russian President is worried about: Turnout.

And this

- THE Russian election 2018 results have handed victory to Vladimir Putin, according to exit polls published following accusations of a fix over claims the president's aides had been inflating voter turnout to give him more credible numbers.

Then there's the 'victim' an ex Russian spy.......

Which country has it in for an ex Russian spy.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As far as I have ever read neither Porton Down nor our government has actually said it was Novichok. It has always been 'family of Novichok' or 'similar to' or 'very like'. The same with the accusations against Russia, was 'likely' to be Russia, 'almost certainly' Russia, 'overwhelmingly pointing to Russia'.

Right from the start, nobody was looking to see if Porton Down had something accidentally 'escape' or if Skripal had been doing some work out there with them and got contaminated, or if it was actually our own MI5 or MI6 (which was the first thing I thought about when the news broke - even before Novichok was mentioned), or anyone else for that matter.

For all we know it isn't a manufactured nerve agent, it could be a natural toxin that appears like a nerve agent or they actually don't know what the hell it is and concockted a scenario that gave them the result they were looking for.

Interesting how the narrative is changing now that the daughter is making a recovery.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

The same with the accusations against Russia, was 'likely' to be Russia, 'almost certainly' Russia, 'overwhelmingly pointing to Russia'

Jeremy Corbyn has been proved right again.

He was the only political leader that said before we rush to blame Russia, proof was needed.

He was castigated by both the MSM and fellow politicians for his views.

It may well be and probably was Russia, but at least Corbyn was on the right side of the political argument.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

i do believe this was stated some while ago....the consensus between the boffins was just that. May Herself didn't say definitely either.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
- it could actually wreck Putin's reputation for good at home , as well as Trump's , if the Steele dossier , something they both outright denied ... was true . There would be an entire loss of confidence at home , russia would not walk away with impunity at all . Skripal always had this coming from somewhere by the time it started to matter what he'd given away to Steele . Skripal could have been under protection after a potential request from Steele , maybe why they used such a discreet administration , but such a frightening and expensive substance .
edit on 3-4-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

That's how false flags work. They plant it, everyone falls for it, and then (a few of us) find the true.

No, first it gets executed, then it hits the big headlines ... majority falls for it, calls for WAR!!!!. And a few weeks later, the "truth" comes in small letters in a news paper, where nobody reads it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was under the impression the nerve agent in question was developed by the former USSR and that they / Russia is the only country to have it and use it.

If a 3rd party got a hold of it then that represents an even more dangerous problem than Russia using it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Couldn´t we now say that Boris Johnson lied:

You argue that the source of this nerve agent, Novichok, is Russia. How did you manage to find it out so quickly? Does Britain possess samples of it?

Let me be clear with you … When I look at the evidence, I mean the people from Porton Down, the laboratory … So they have the samples … They do. And they were absolutely categorical and I asked the guy myself, I said, "Are you sure?" And he said there's no doubt.

Boris Johnson: Russia's position in Skripal case is 'increasingly bizarre'

Why should the guy at Porton Down lie to Johnson???

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Dont know much about that sort of thing, but it seems lethal so I can't think

there will be that many places will be able to produce it?

Many of the chemicals that used to be exclusive to chemical warfare now have medicinal purposes in areas such as Alzheimers. They use Cholinesterase inhibitors which has the same effect as novichok.

www.alz.org...

Maybe they could analyze the ratio of the different nuclear isotopes of the different constituent elements (C12 v C14)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
These threads are good at exposing Russian loyalty, it's as if paid Kremlinites can't help themselves because their handlers are watching waiting to snatch any disloyalists off to Siberian gulags.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They're also good at highlighting those who were quick to blame Russia without there being enough evidence to arrive at that conclusion. We know you tend to usually side with the Official USA Story, but could you at least once try to think objectively about this topic?

edit on 4-4-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
These threads are good at exposing Russian loyalty, it's as if paid Kremlinites can't help themselves because their handlers are watching waiting to snatch any disloyalists off to Siberian gulags.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

What nonsense.

Putin doesn't have to threaten me with Gulag at all, I am easily bribed with vodka and borscht. Sometimes I get Russian caviar too, if I have been extra super duper loyal to Kremlin, YUM!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I was under the impression the nerve agent in question was developed by the former USSR and that they / Russia is the only country to have it and use it.

Land Rover And Jaguar Cars where developed in England. However they are also manufactured in Brazil and China.

Where something is developed doesn't necessarily mean they cannot be produced elsewhere.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join