It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Peaks Revisit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm revisiting Twin Peaks, all 3 incarnations.

One of the things I admire most about Lynch's work is that it has re-watchability. At least for me it does..I know some find his work boring and slow.

Every new viewing brings new clues and new interpretations to the Lynch puzzleverse.

It has been speculated and demonstrated that one of the big keys to TP: The Return is synchronization of episode viewings. Indeed, as one of the themes in this season has hinted at time travel and cause and effect, it isn't surprising that segments and episodes might sync together in interesting ways.

I first heard of this theory with the 2-parter finale, which was deliberately broken into 2 distinct parts, rather than presented as a double length finale.

Unfortunately, I am not able to view on multiple devices to experiment for myself.

Dark Side of the Moon / Wizard of Oz eat your heart out!

Let's revisit with new eyes!

Let me know if you find anything interesting

edit on 1-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I'm revisiting Twin Peaks, all 3 incarnations.

One of the things I admire most about Lynch's work is that it has re-watchability. At least for me it does..I know some find his work boring and slow.

Every new viewing brings new clues and new interpretations to the Lynch puzzleverse.

It has been speculated and demonstrated that one of the big keys to TP: The Return is synchronization of episode viewings. Indeed, as one of the themes in this season has hinted at time travel and cause and effect, it isn't surprising that segments and episodes might sync together in interesting ways.

I first heard of this theory with the 2-parter finale, which was deliberately broken into 2 distinct parts, rather than presented as a double length finale.

Unfortunately, I am not able to view on multiple devices to experiment for myself.

Dark Side of the Moon / Wizard of Oz eat your heart out!

Let's revisit with new eyes!

Let me know if you find anything interesting

It took awhile 1St time 'round to get who killed Laura Palmer... I knew I was right tho.

You can't touch the 1St original series... Dark, moody, off-kilter.. But one of the best..

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Twin peaks is top 5 favorite on my list. The first few episodes do drag on a bit, but it's necessary and worth it.

Dry Humor+mystery+sci-fi= epic win. It is a show with a genre of it's own.

Two things that annoyed me: what happened with the leo/spider situation and Audrey/bomb situation!?!? I HATE loose ends...

ETA: watch twin peaks. First two seasons still on netflix. You'll like it.
edit on 1-4-2018 by seaswine because: Facts

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
watching TPS3 really made Fire Walk With Me make a lot more sense.

never did explain what happened to Chester Desmond though.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
watching TPS3 really made Fire Walk With Me make a lot more sense.

never did explain what happened to Chester Desmond though.

Ohhh that's reason enough for a 4th

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have to say, I never got into it back when it was a thing.... Just seemed too weird at the time.

About a year ago though, my wife and I watched it as a lark, and we were hooked. We binge-watched all of it. Then the movie.

Oddly enough, then (like just a month or two after we saw the movie) they came out with another season of the series. Eerily, even though 25 yrs later, it was like the same thing, continued. Just....amazing. The continuity was...wow.

If you never gave it a chance, HIGHLY recommended. It was easily one of the best series to binge that we've ever seen. It is weird, and sometimes gets really weird, but it's just so quirky and innocently weird, that it's just a unique TV experience.
edit on 9-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join