It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashamed or Proud to be British

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i know im straying now but NK must be first and we'll need a couple of armies to beat them coz i think every north Korean would take up arms if the west invades.
If i was Bush/Blair i would stay out of harms way and airstrike their nuclear capabilities. Im sure we would have air supperiority over NK.
Couple of B-2s over top would sort the whole thing out i reckon.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
i know im straying now but NK must be first and we'll need a couple of armies to beat them coz i think every north Korean would take up arms if the west invades.
If i was Bush/Blair i would stay out of harms way and airstrike their nuclear capabilities. Im sure we would have air supperiority over NK.
Couple of B-2s over top would sort the whole thing out i reckon.

The thing is if we go in guns blazin' then we might get F****d up by the nukes they got, The last thing anyone would want is a nuclear war what I would suggest is get another middle east country in democracy then try to make peace with NK and do it the british way at first play nice ask them politely if they don't wanna play then bomb 'em back to the stone age!!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi Hunting............and welcome !!

I am very proud to be British but not too proud of our current government.

I think Blair is to soft and needs to put his foot down a lot more and tell people that this is what he is going to do and if people dont like it.....................TOUGH !!!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ask very very nicely and if there is no compliance, im sure Mr Bush has a few nukes going spare.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Super Proud to be English !

Bring back maggie and stamp out Blair and his cronies!

If you read history, Guy Fawkes fought to throw out a Scottish mafia that sat in westminster palace.

bring back Fawkes and boot out Blair !

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I bet Bush would have got on very well with Iron Maggie.

Conversation between the two:

Bush: Hello Maggie
Maggie: Hello George
Bush: Iran and NK are really starting to boil my urine
Maggie: Me too
Bush: Lets nuke them all
Maggie: Lets go

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Whatever it's faults I am proud to be British, proud of it's history and proud of it's character.

The ancient Britons called it 'the island of the mighty'.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hi all, To be honest I didn't think I would get this many posts! Seeing that there quite a few the british members on ATS I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. Where do you think Britain stand's in whole NWO thing? (There is def something going on behind closed doors and I don't like it!!!)

2. What do you think will happen when the NWO tries to take Britain??

3. What can britain do to retain its Greatness??

4. Why do you think we have/will not have had a big terrorist attack?? (Personally I think it's to do with the fact that quite alot of them have moved here! And in a strange way I am thankful.)

"Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, It is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Yes I would say I'm proud to be British, even if I don't live there anymore.
I'm proud of my countries history, not just the history you learn in school, but the history of English working class radical politics. The English revolution and the British Enlightenment. The anti-nuclear movement of the 60's and The Anarcho movement of the 80's.
I love and am fascinated by the legend of King Aurthur, Stonehenge and the search for the holy grail. Arthur to Dennis: "I am Arthur, King of the Britain's..." "King of the who?", "The Britain's", "Who are the Britains?"
"Well, we all are and I am your king", "I don't remember voting for you..."
And of course the great music, Who, Zeppelin, Beatles, Crass...Who wouldn't feel a swell or two there.
There's the great inventions, fax machine, steam engine, internal combustion engine, jet engines, the seed drill, toilet paper, shrapnel, rubber bands, polyester, canned food, Marmite, Newcastle Brown,...who wouldn't be proud of that lot?
And the great TV, Young Ones, The Old Grey Whistle Test, Python, Only Fools and Horses, Porridge, Open All Hours, Revolver, Black Adder, Spittin Imige, Fawlty Towers...
...Gotta love it mate!

AP&F...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
Super Proud to be English !

Bring back maggie and stamp out Blair and his cronies!

If you read history, Guy Fawkes fought to throw out a Scottish mafia that sat in westminster palace.

bring back Fawkes and boot out Blair !

Yeah boot out blair but do you really want Thatcher back?
Are you a sadist?...She did more to destroy Britain than anyone else in history...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hunting Veritas

Hi Hunting, welcome from another proud Brit! I also hate the current government, the tories weren't exactly good but at least they didnt turn single motherhood into a career choice!

Originally posted by UK Wizard
all the patriotic and proud feelings are all welcome on P@ATS

I tend to be fighting a losing battle in there most of the time

I know you have Wizard. Ive been meaning to join the fray for a while, but the looney left are a pain in the @rse to try and debate with! I may just go there now........

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
1. Where do you think Britain stand's in whole NWO thing? (There is def something going on behind closed doors and I don't like it!!!)

I'm not sure, Heck I think NWO will never happen.

2. What do you think will happen when the NWO tries to take Britain??

We are still a country of fighters(To our downfull at football matches sadly),its who we are and trait that we will never loose. If they try...fighting will be tough,hand to hand I'm sure our Army wouldnt have much problem with any NWO army.

Stop following other countries! Its stupid! We have never been pushed into doing something and now Blair lets Bush use as reinforcements for the Americans! The hell is going on with our goverment!

4. Why do you think we have/will not have had a big terrorist attack?? (Personally I think it's to do with the fact that quite alot of them have moved here! And in a strange way I am thankful.)

Well, They mainly hate America for its influence in the middle east around the creation of Irsael. Middle-eastern countries taught their children that Americans where bad people and there presence should be wiped out of the middle-east. Britain, still has alot of do with problems in the middle-east (We backed out of the Arab-Israel conflict and let it come to what it is today).
A side of our history I'm to too proud of but thats goverments for you!

Kings and Queens have power,take no ......, and look to the future of their country.
Goverments have bribes,take loads of ....., and look for future of their investments.

A reason why Britain has lost its Great? (Although you will never hear me speak Britain without saying Great
)

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

As someone else said we have to say no more following and let others follow us for a change, we may only be a tiny Island but we are a Island full dreams and hopes, Great Britain could do so much more in the world if only we stood up and shouted rather than sitting quiet and nodding our heads.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

As someone else said we have to say no more following and let others follow us for a change, we may only be a tiny Island but we are a Island full dreams and hopes, Great Britain could do so much more in the world if only we stood up and shouted rather than sitting quiet and nodding our heads.

I too am very ashamed at the fact most of our british politician's sit back and do virtually f*** all. If we AS A PEOPLE stood up or even walked up to the house of commons/lords and DEMANDED our country back. Then let the REAL people work together and make a better country and even a half decent world. I hope there is a NWO but not how it has been described on ATS. We could have the world we all WANT but we do not because we are ignorant f*****s and just say "Oh someone will sort it out tomrrow....". But they won't until it's too late just like Global climate control!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join