It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio acting strange, metallic sounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
any one else having issues with there radios in the uk.
i live in the fenlands on the cambridge/norfolk border and recently my radio is acting weird.
when im driving at night usually my radio sound switches off and a metallic clinking noise comes though the speakers, its usually on the same stretch of road, it happens for a couple of seconds then the radio goes back to normal, the music never fades off it just goes off then metallic clinching noises like dropping nails on a floor.
i never manage to catch it as im driving when it happens.
ive had the car checked and the stereos working fine, so its not that
has anyone else had this or something like it.

i do live in an interesting area as i have two usa air bases nearby (mildenhall and lakenhealth) no idea if its connected.

i thought if anyone has experienced it it will be someone on here

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

Shouldn’t this be in the automotive help section? There is nothing about your story that would point to aliens or UFOs.

Sounds like a radio signal problem. Mountains, large trees, even bad weather can effect radio signals. If it always happens in the same place, it’s probably some aspect of the landscape.
edit on 24-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: kerrichin

Shouldn’t this be in the automotive help section? There is nothing about your story that would point to aliens or UFOs.

Sounds like a radio signal problem. Mountains, large trees, even bad weather can effect radio signals. If it always happens in the same place, it’s probably some aspect of the landscape.

Or someone's radar is on.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Alexa is taking over the airwaves....

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
any one else having issues with there radios in the uk.
i live in the fenlands on the cambridge/norfolk border and recently my radio is acting weird.
when im driving at night usually my radio sound switches off and a metallic clinking noise comes though the speakers, its usually on the same stretch of road, it happens for a couple of seconds then the radio goes back to normal, the music never fades off it just goes off then metallic clinching noises like dropping nails on a floor.
i never manage to catch it as im driving when it happens.
ive had the car checked and the stereos working fine, so its not that
has anyone else had this or something like it.

i do live in an interesting area as i have two usa air bases nearby (mildenhall and lakenhealth) no idea if its connected.

i thought if anyone has experienced it it will be someone on here

You are passing thru a frequency near you... Even in the country... It's broadcast or travel paths interrupt your reception as you drive in, around, by or thru them.

Could be the bases, towers, crafts or even phone microwave transmissions etc... Even if there's nothing directly near your driving

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm guessing some kind of outside electrical interference like a Wifi, burglar/security system or even something like a HAM radio. The system could be new or newly upgraded where it is interfering. It's also possible that local law enforcement or emergency services has upped the power of their systems and or migrated to a different system (with encryption a lot of systems have changed frequency and or are using multiple frequencies with the data spread across may frequencies). If they are broadcasting in digital then that sounds much different than analog interference and it could sound "metallic", very easily.

I notice the local AM getting much louder, then softer at 2 different times throughout the day, one about 10-11pm (louder) and then softer at 5-6am - it doesn't always seem to be the same time. The sound almost doubles in volume so maybe they boost antenna gain by 3db at that time (off peak?)...

new topics

top topics

join