It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTTR squadrons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: detachment3
the camera rotates 360 i thought? coulda sworn glenn cambell said the fixed webcam faces that summit?

Remember there are two cameras. So Sony PTZ could probably see the false summit, but of course not at night.

You can use the rising sun and astronomical table to determine how the camera faces. It doesn't point to the campsite. It points in a direction that views the road to get to Tikaboo. Sometimes you can use the moon, which is a little more accurate.

Glenn did say the camera points to the false summit, but I don't believe that is correct.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
I don't know where they insert the SAW filter, but if I designed it, I would put it after the preamp. That way the loss of the filter doesn't effect the SNR.

I will crack it open tonight, and take a picture/analyze it.

I should point out - I ran my ADS-B receiver setup north of the range in May. And I saw nothing except commercial traffic. A lot of it, mostly commercial flights in/out of Vegas. So I am thinking that military aircraft are equipped but only turn it on when they absolutely need to, perhaps around airports with a lot of commercial traffic.

Where I live in Alberta, I am under an intercontinental flight path, so I see a lot of commercial traffic, probably half is UPS and FedEx, to/from Anchorage, Alaska. I do see USAF military traffic often, mainly C-17's, KC10's, KC135's, C130's. Always positionless i.e. they don't broadcast their position coordinates.
edit on 28-3-2018 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2018 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: gariac
I don't know where they insert the SAW filter, but if I designed it, I would put it after the preamp. That way the loss of the filter doesn't effect the SNR.

I will crack it open tonight, and take a picture/analyze it.

I should point out - I ran my ADS-B receiver setup north of the range in May. And I saw nothing except commercial traffic. A lot of it, mostly commercial flights in/out of Vegas. So I am thinking that military aircraft are equipped but only turn it on when they absolutely need to, perhaps around airports with a lot of commercial traffic.

Where I live in Alberta, I am under an intercontinental flight path, so I see a lot of commercial traffic, probably half is UPS and FedEx, to/from Anchorage, Alaska. I do see USAF military traffic often, mainly C-17's, KC10's, KC135's, C130's. Always positionless i.e. they don't broadcast their position coordinates.

Most of the military tracking on ADSBexchange is based on MLAT. The positioning is probably a little dicey since it depends on all the receivers being synchronized. (Timing via NTP.) The "heavies" have had mode-s for years. Some that transited through the EU were adsb equipped, but I believe they can turn it off, or maybe disable the GPS input. In theory anything flying in 2020 will need to have ADSB.

So I interpret "not seeing anything" means not tracked. You can watch the Janet's altitude and squawk code.

<< 1   >>

join