It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The kindergarten Principle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The kindergarten principle as i define it is the act of judging our future political actions based on what the others have done and not by what the constitution allows.

I get that the justice system is based on previous rulings but when the executive branch does the same then we just continue down the previous path instead of creating a better regulated system based on the constitution and not what the previous administration got away with.

As long as we continue to compare current actions by the former we will continue to slip further away from the founders intentions.

I purpose that going forward we forget about what the bush obama clinton reagan done and concern ourselves with the framework that was laid out for us by the founders.

edit on 22-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We were steered down the wrong path more than a few presidents ago already. The economic security of this country is one of the most important things to look at. We cannot start giving all our wealth to other countries, we must define our economic boarders properly to remain a strong and prosperous nation.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hell, we started down the wrong path in some regards starting with Washington and his damn executive orders...the root of much evil in our government today.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: rickymouse

Hell, we started down the wrong path in some regards starting with Washington and his damn executive orders...the root of much evil in our government today.

ok
now what?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I see it differently. Everything needs constant updates, as our society changes for the better or worse, technology solves problems and creates new ones, the law has to adapt that.
Unless your vision of the future is we all go Amish? What do you think the founding fathers would have to say to Snowden/NSA for example?
Nothing because they couldn't even imagine it would be possible. So how should we deal with that in your opinion?
Burn the internet?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Unless your vision of the future is we all go Amish?

Once you go Mennonite it'll all be alright.

edit on 22-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: howtonhawky

I see it differently. Everything needs constant updates, as our society changes for the better or worse, technology solves problems and creates new ones, the law has to adapt that.
Unless your vision of the future is we all go Amish? What do you think the founding fathers would have to say to Snowden/NSA for example?
Nothing because they couldn't even imagine it would be possible. So how should we deal with that in your opinion?
Burn the internet?

That's what building on the framework was meant to mean. Judge and form our changes according to the framework and not by the false laws in place.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I see not many are interested in the heart of the problems....

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
The kindergarten principle as i define it is the act of judging our future political actions based on what the others have done and not by what the constitution allows.

I get that the justice system is based on previous rulings but when the executive branch does the same then we just continue down the previous path instead of creating a better regulated system based on the constitution and not what the previous administration got away with.

As long as we continue to compare current actions by the former we will continue to slip further away from the founders intentions.

I purpose that going forward we forget about what the bush obama clinton reagan done and concern ourselves with the framework that was laid out for us by the founders.

The problem with this is that the founders knew we would need to change things. For example, under the original Constitution, YOU would not have the same rights that you do today. Women had no rights (in spite of some of the founders supporting these rights) and slavery was legal (18th Amendment), as was abuse and enslaving people for debt (in other words, if you have credit card debt and run late paying it, under the original Constitution it was legal for the lawmakers to send around a bailiff, take your property, and throw you in debtors prison to work off your debt. (fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth amendments))

And they could toss you into jail without a trial, or tie you to a chair and beat you until you confessed (8th Amendment prevents this)

...and so forth.

They didn't want us to worship it. They wanted us to WORK with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

all true but not the problem with what is posted.

i am saying that currently we are not judging our current actions by the constitutions but by criminal actions of past leaders.

top topics

join