It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I May Be Related To Benjamin Franklin omg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Both my mom and my older sister took the DNA test through ancestry.com, and thats how we know it’s from my dad’s moms side. Apparently Mary Franklin aka Mary Homes(Holmes) is my 9th great grandmother, which makes Benjamin Franklin my 9th great uncle.

HOW CRAZY IS THAT.

I AM SO ILLUMINATI OMG.

OMG JUST KIDDING.

For the record I don’t buy into the illuminati conspiracies, anymore. I just joke about it because at one point I questioned reality enough to really consider it and now I really just am making fun of myself, and the Illuminati stuff, cause it's funny.

But I thought this was interesting enough to share.

Some people I’ve told act almost offended by it.

They want to know how we found it out and when we say ancestry.com they just get a little quiet or make jokes about how it’s a shame that the genius genes weren’t passed down. But it’s really Mary Franklin, his sister, that we came from. So no direct Benjamin Franklin genius genes got to be passed down anyhow, lol.

Another tried to point out that Benjamin Franklin was a bit of a sl-t so they suggest that we could be from an illegitimate line- but once again it’s really Mary Franklin, his sister, that we would have come from. So unless incest was involved… there would be no illegitimate genius genes passed down.

People are funny about it.

Hell, I’m a little funny about it too and I’m still saying “maybe” because it doesn’t sound real to me either and maybe there’s some sort of mistake, it's possible. It’s even crossed my mind that this could be some kind of marketing ploy to get people to purchase the DNA kit and use ancestry.com. But we’re nobodies so that doesn’t make much sense either.

Still, I think it’s cute and interesting enough to point out how some people have acted almost hurt/clearly offended/immediately unbelieving- like omg how come we get to be so special.

WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE.

Little do they know this really doesn’t change anything.

I am still probably the most average mediocre human being in the world. I am still unsuccessful, still poor, still struggling to get by in the world. I am not smart and my life sucks just as much as anyone else’s, so let’s not get all our panties in a bunch over it.

But look guys, this could be my 9th great uncle!

Might I vainly add that it's clear where I get my looks from.
From my Great Uncle Ben.
Thanks Uncle Ben!

edit on 21-3-2018 by elevatedone because: Removed All Caps

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

there will be a knock at your door in 3 minutes. answer it.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I did mine but I'm 80% neanderthal I'm now on the run from ancestry.com in my loin cloth.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

did uncle Ben leave ya any dough?

well then, itll be great talk over a beer thats for sure

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
LOOOOL guys.

I did forget to ask if anyone else has done the DNA thing before and found anything interesting out.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ummm...Geeze Louise...that's electrifying...shocking even...

Some historians think that William Shakespeare was an ancestor of mine...Doubtful...but then I'm supposed to be a descendent of the Royals and specifically Mary Queen of Scotts as well...again doubtful...but fun to speculate about...

Congratulations...your related to the hundred dollar bill...

YouSir
edit on 21-3-2018 by YouSir because: I wanted to...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I think it's super cool! Wear it with pride or whatever...a bonnet? I dunno, anyway it's cool enough.
My birth father's ancestors are all over the pond and the bloody relatives here aren't so friendly or inclined to discuss so I won't be finding out anytime soon so, kudos for you.
You are not dumb or plain Jane, IMO, BTW.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

OMG WILLIAM SHAKESPEAR???? That would be so cool. I could see that with you too, being all poetic and sh-t.

On wikitree or whatever it says that Mary Franklin is some degrees from Amelia Earhart, Oscar Wilde, and Queen Elizabeth II of Windsor or some bizarre sh-t. But with degrees it is a mix of marital and blood relations so, it's not like blood family or anything? I don't understand the degrees stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Aaron Burr is my great great.....great uncle on my dads mothers side.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

did uncle Ben leave ya any dough?

Don't bother. Uncle Ben only leaves behind bland rice.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

lol

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Ummm...you can make dough...from rice...

Right...?

Obviously Uncle Ben made plenty...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
LOOOOL guys.

I did forget to ask if anyone else has done the DNA thing before and found anything interesting out.

I didn't but I'm interested in doing something similar one day!

I do know I'm one of the descendants of the house of Stuart though but I suppose many of us are!

Congratulations though!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

WOW thank you for the compliments!!!

From my mom's side, it was a mystery how her grandmother came over to the US from Poland for many years. We could have been illegal polish immigrants!!! But with ancestry.com she found the boat they came over on... so apparently we're legal. Lol.

I AM TRYING REALLY HARD NOT TO SOUND LIKE A COMMERCIAL. But anyway yeah I agree, it's cool to find out things.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I was only just reading about him 2 days ago! fascinating! Do you or do you plan to, go to the reenactment stuff?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You have way better hair, so thankfully you didn't get that gene either.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just took the test and apparently I'm related to a bag of Doritos. No wonder I'm so handsome and full of flavor.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

OMG I secretly love you and think you're beautiful. I just didn't have the opportunity to tell you, until now. I like you. But I don't know anything about The House of Stuart! So quickly tell me about that?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

originally posted by: geezlouise
LOOOOL guys.

I didn't but I'm interested in doing something similar one day!

I do know I'm one of the descendants of the house of Stuart though but I suppose many of us are!

Congratulations though!

Ummm...cool...hey cuz...

Can you see me waving...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ummm...LOL...at least you didn't say...Cheeto's...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join