It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heirophant - New Member after reading for about 4 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hello - as the thread title says I have decided to join now so that I can post in a couple of the most important sections of the board, but have been reading continually for about 4 years now. This site has always struck me as being probably the most civilised and thought provoking of all the Alternative News Sites (a shout out to the mods here), and I have enjoyed my reading of it ! Although I am still finding sections that I hadn't realised were here as it is soooo vast.

I don't have a lot of spare time to lurk as I am a single parent and run a business, so a lot of midnight oil burning has been going on recently, especially as we seem to be living in 'very interesting times' (to paraphrase an ancient Chinese curse). There definitely seems to be a general awakening going on which can only be a good thing. I woke up properly in October 2012, but looking back there have been many, many odd occurrences and synchronicities in my life which lead me to believe that something strange is happening.

It's going to take me a while to find my feet as it were, as I am not particularly tech minded! So may have to shout out for some specific pointers along the way.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone here - so ATS, bring it on !!!

PS. I didn't choose my name --- it chose me ! I had already joined (or so I thought) under another name but none of the log-in details appeared to be working. So when re-joining I was about to type in the other name when this one suddenly entered my head ! There really is no such thing as co-incidence.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Heirophant

Welcome! And may we all live in interesting times, muahahaha!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Welcome aboard

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Heirophant Thanks for allowing yourself to give input in certain subjects
I think that you will enjoy your stay and always find something new if you look! We argue and bicker often but we are a community and always willing to help each other out.The mods are great and ALWAYS will help. Don’t be shy

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
A big squishy welcome to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Is your name a Black Ribbons Shooter Jennings referance or something I havent heard of before? Amazing album if you havent heard it!
Anyways, welcome!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

welcome Crowley may want to take tea with you. wed 2:30 perhaps?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Dia duit!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welcome Hierophant...did this name choose you for any particular reason?

Tarot card:

The Hierophant (V), in some decks named The Pope, is the fifth trump or Major Arcana card in most traditional Tarot decks.

There are few subjects quite as touchy as religion. The Hierophant card in modern decks often arouses very strong opinions and ambivalent feelings. Looking back through the history of the tarot, we see that it has always been so.

Or, perhaps?

The Belgian Tarot, once popular throughout the whole of northern France, substitutes the god Bacchus for the Pope. He is shown naked, straddling a wine barrel, and gulping wine from a bottle.

web.archive.org...://tarothermit.com/pope.htm

edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago04790931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RiverMasonMusic

Is your name a Black Ribbons Shooter Jennings referance or something I havent heard of before? Amazing album if you havent heard it!
Anyways, welcome!

No sorry River Music it's not the album, although it sounds intriguing, and I will make sure to look it up.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Thank you InTheLight, it is the Tarot Reference that came to me (actually saw a picture of the card in my mind), but not the Belgian one I hasten to add
... although I do enjoy a glass of good red every now and again.

Was not sure at the time why the name chose me ... then I actually looked up the specific meaning of the card and found that it does have a lot to do with Spirituality rather than 'established' religions (which I abhor). Also I saw mentions of 'established groups' that you could need to join and impart information .. so very apt then.

The mispelling is intentional as well ... as this way the first four letters spell HEIR, a nod to my love of History, Ancestry and enduring families.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Many thanks to all who have welcomed me - it's a nice feeling

Feel a bit more confident on plunging into some threads now that I have worked out how to reply and quote effectively.

Can't work out how to post an Avatar pic tho', so may have to summon a teen to help me !

ciao xx

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh I see, although I did miss that spelling difference. The meaning I found rather intriguing was that the Hierophant can be a bridge, of sorts, between two worlds.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

That's also very interesting to know ... I feel I need to read up more on the Rainbow Bridge of Norse Legend, especially as I have always loved Rainbows, and see them a lot round here.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heirophant

That's also very interesting to know ... I feel I need to read up more on the Rainbow Bridge of Norse Legend, especially as I have always loved Rainbows, and see them a lot round here.

Here is the poem about that bridge...

The Rainbow Bridge
inspired by a Norse legend

"By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
...When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together."

Odd poem, I must say.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Its for and about pets - particularly dogs - you see loads of memes on FB about it as people send them to friends who have lost fur babies.

It's quite a sweet idea and that's a much better version than the one i've seen before, thank you for that.

top topics

join