It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping Down The Rabbit Hole Again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good morning from a very cold UK, although not much snow where I live.

I have been popping in and out of the rabbit hole since I guess the mid to late 1960s - think original Dr Who got me started then there was original Star Trek and having a dad who believed woman were equal to men meant although he had no interest in sci-fi he as an electronic engineer was interested in how the universe was created was all for me learning anything I wanted to. Mum not so keen but as an avid reader she was happy I wanted to read and learn so also encouraged my studies - just wished they were more feminine. He was the one who first told me the many earth theories when I was about 7 ( am 61 now, an ancient in my own. way)

Dad was convinced that people and objects could slip between dimensions from one earth to another and sometimes they came back and sometimes they didn't.

I have always believed there is more than we can see and quantum physics /mechanics( which I am nowhere near clever enough to study but at least able to understand ) was a great thing to me.

I studied archaeology - the Near East and Egyptology at University and got so mad the way that mainly they felt ( then, a bit more open now just a tad though) that they knew exactly our history and everything that did not fit was either put down as a religious artefact or put away and ignored. I still have around one essay from my first year where I put a conclusion from the evidence I presented that had my lecturer write - ' and the moon is made from green cheese' on it. Many years later proof that showed my conclusion was right ( not got the essay to hand and I forget exactly what it was but some finds that eventually were deciphered proved I was right - plenty of others had said the same, nothing brilliant on my part but I dared to put it in my essay and so I learnt to make sure I only ever put the conclusions they expected, never to think outside the box ( well not put it down on paper for them to read). I met a few like-minded souls there but most sadly eventually followed the party line as you might say to ensure they had a career as even a whisper could ruin a reputation. I never had the career in archaeology as life took me off in a different direction, not one I really wanted but family in need meant I either choose to put myself first or help them so no choice really.

I lapped up Erich von Daniken books not because I believed in his ancient astronaut theory but because it showed me all the OOParts that had been hidden away. I give more credit than he ever did to mankind and his ingenuity and intelligence.

I do believe there have been massive civilisations here on earth which thrived, reached a peak then either declined due to man's greed ( be for riches or power) or were wiped out by some catastrophe ( some I am sure self inflicted) leaving only stories and few artefacts to show they were ever here.

Life, of course, gets in the way of ones learning of non mainstream or so I pop down the rabbit hole when I can then pop up when I must and its sadly been quite a few years since I had the time for more than odd bits of reading but now I do have the time so back down I go.

So there you have me in a nutshell.

Lovely to meet you all and was very happy to learn about Quantum Cavitation as that makes so much sense to me as I have some memories that don't jive with the history books and thought it was me going gaga until I heard about the Mandela Effect, but until I read about QC in a post here earlier I had never come across the theory ( way behind on what is happening in the quantum universe'

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mommabearuk

Welcome Momma, very good to have you here. That is pretty impressive that at a young age, you questioned the teachings of the mainstream university system for being a deliberate lie in regards to our history. It is curious that our true history is being hidden and disgusting that egyptologists think they are the infallible experts.

I look forward to discovering our true history. Once we have the truth, then we can compare it to the dishonesty that has been forced on us by mainstream and maybe find out what their true goal is. It will be disappointing if it turns out to be nothing more than for the pursuit of greed and power.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS mommabearuk , we have plenty of snow here in the Midlands so you're welcome to some of ours if you want.

Always happy to welcome someone with an interest in archaeology but Mandela Effect is little more than a Meme.

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Love your post!
"I studied archaeology - the Near East and Egyptology at University and got so mad the way that mainly they felt ( then, a bit more open now just a tad though) that they knew exactly our history and everything that did not fit was either put down as a religious artefact or put away and ignored."

I so totally agree. My daughter has started college this year and she and her Anthropology professor had an after class conversation about the importance of keeping an open mind regarding the study of ancient civilizations. Go prof! I recall my own frustration in school about the dominant cultural interpretation of previous ones that seems to always conclude that some unidentifiable object or drawing only had religious purposes. It's also awful that artifacts have been destroyed if they didn't fit the theory of the past supported by academics, scientists, and prevailing religions.
We've missed opportunities to understand our past and that limits our present and future! Who knows the technologies we've discovered and lost....

edit on 18-3-2018 by SeaYote because: clarify a statement

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Welcome, great to have you with us!!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. Often there is a skunk down at the bottom of the rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi, and welcome!

I really enjoyed reading your introduction. Crazy how the world rejects forward thinkers so vehemently (academia and the scientific community some of the worst offenders).

Look forward to reading more!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What a fascinating introduction! Hello and Welcome!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks for the warning, I won't let them make bait of me. x

top topics

join