It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS infected?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis
The rest of the URL contains details of my device and location - so yes, looks like spyware.

No need of spyware to know what device you are using, the browser gives that information to the server. Also, if your browser is configured to give your location to any site that asks for it then that information will also be given by the browser to the server serving any page (ads included).

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes ATS is Infected....... With really great threads and awesome people.

Always find a silver lining in life, and if you don't just kick something really hard and life is better.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
No need of spyware to know what device you are using, the browser gives that information to the server. Also, if your browser is configured to give your location to any site that asks for it then that information will also be given by the browser to the server serving any page (ads included).

Location and third party cookies were blocked in browser settings.

Something I noticed viewing site with Firefox Focus - if I 'Block other trackers', ATS mobile menu is disabled.
edit on 18-3-2018 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis
Location and third party cookies were blocked in browser settings.

Basic device information doesn't need any cookies, only a browser. With Javascript activated then a page can send much more information about the device. Location can be (with varying degrees of accuracy) gathered from the IP address.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Forgot to mention - adblocker was also enabled.

Just tried disabling JavaScript in Chrome - unsurprisingly, this halted pop-ups and redirects.

I then ran Zemana Mobile Antivirus. It didn't find anything, but oddly I can now view the site undisturbed in Chrome with JavaScript enabled...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Point is: IT IS NOT THE SITE

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

If you know so much as a "pc geek"..then why are you having problems at all?

I don't, am no geek, have phones, tabs, l.tops and pc.. None have issues...

Something your end. Obviously

Lol, if you're such a "mechanic" then why do the cars in your garage have problems? I know nothing about cars, and my car runs fine. It's the drivers, obviously.

This problem has occurred across many users for a long time. There are multiple threads in it. They've acknowledged that it's been a problem before. But everything is ok for you, so nothing else matters. Got it.

For everyone having problems, I really recommend using desktop mode on mobile. That's worked for me Everytime the problem pops up.

I'm no authority, recommending desktop too on mobile as I always advise.

And you've been a member I see as long as me.. so you know it's not our ATS itself... but certain users USAGE when they access ATS.

It's on their end somewhere... 1/4 MILLION daily members have no issues...therefore...

Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

good here on Mobil and PC.

Think your issue is related to your device more than the website.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What makes you think that?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

ATS is most stable on my Windows-10 Desktop with the EDGE or FIREFOX browser and NO Ads, Cookies, or Pop-ups blocked. In other words the forum is given full authority to do whatever it wants.

The posting to large threads is horribly slow, but everything else is smooth and annoyance-free.

ditto with my experience....

except the 'large threads' issue--- I think it's more like the mod has to screen my posts because I have had earlier 'replies' scrubbed or deleted for infractions so a closer look at post is needed before the Mod presses the OK-to-post button
....at times I think the sites' server is backlogged causing the delay from the once fast/swift (1.1 second) addition to the thread

Oh Yeah..... there is this...an alien creature...from the watery depth.... *"this could/might be a metaphor" ---see:
www.news4jax.com...

edit on th31152148059919292018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Love that reply! I do use desktop version on mobile but experience the Amazon winner lock up quite a bit. Even when no ads on page.

I think it has something to do with remarketing though. I work in marketing and the stuff they can do with remarketing is incredible and scary at the same time.

That would explain why it’s only some users affected. It could be a system where an unscrupulous advertiser uses a “legit” pixel that then dishonestly redirects to these “winner” scams.

ATS would have little - or really no - control over that, it’d be up to Google to catch. And Google would eventually catch them so that’s why they could come and go so much - get caught and stopped and then they delete that ad or account and start a new one.

If that’s what is happening, the only thing ATS could do at all would be if someone specifically noticed what ads were on the page (wouldn’t even have to be nearby or mobile-visible though) when it happened. But that’s almost impractical to expect anyone to notice or do. That’s what is so frustrating with this problem - on mobile you may not even see an ad but the code is still there.

Anyway, I shop a lot on line and so I guess it’s kind of the price I pay if that’s what’s happening.

a reply to: sine.nomine

edit on 26-3-2018 by nicevillegrl because: Spelling

edit on 26-3-2018 by nicevillegrl because: Damn spelling again

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've been getting the same exact issues as the OP all of a sudden

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A while back chrome removed all the pop up blockers from their add ons. I would highly recommend turning this on. It is not an ad blocker so it should be ok on ATS. support.google.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I've getting ads pop up too and some typing disappearing on my iPad lately. Annoying.
I haven't updated my iPad browser in a long time so wondering if related.
edit on 9/4/19 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join