It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are far from ready for contact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Very well thought out op.

One problem is the delusion of I and we.

There is no we when there is violence and no I when you are ignorant of self

and relating to reality, I and we are delusions

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You say the extraterrestrials are beyond the simple science of nature? What does that even mean? It’s utter nonsense. Nothing is beyond nature. And you have no reason to believe any of the things you’re saying.

He may mean that science is a part of nature or nature is above science

One can postulate that the sciences are one of the primary existential natures.

Science is merely the operational algorithmic matrix of being and that is subservient to nature

Another nature would be our animal nature and our human nature

and consciousness is the highest nature which underlies everything

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: Elementalist
Excellent viewpoint but I do believe contact has already been made with several ET races/groups and kept secret from the sheeple and yes humanity is not ready for "first contact"

Why do you believe that?

Hundreds of thousand of people have seen and reported seeing immense and amazing craft and non human crews on countless occasions, and then told by the main stream people who DIDN'T get to see anything try to tell them that they didn't see what they saw. So for many people it isn't a belief. It's a fact. But it is a fact that people who didn't get to see them deny them over and over and over again. So until "everyone" gets to see them, there will always be people who will say it isn't so, and they will oppose it being true quite vigorously to the point of even lambasting the witnesses with all kinds contempt and condescending diatribe.

And then there are also those who "believe" because they have the gift of exceptional intuition and just know when a thing is either true, not true, or a little of both.(And that also tends to make those who can't do that super furious

Everyone has this power within, but for so many, that power is self blocked.
edit on 16-3-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The very answers in this post show Humans are not ready and until we can go to them will never be ready .

As Individuals each person will react differently Some like my self would be hopeful but Causes .
Other would see them as ( ungodly ) My god even Christians vers Christians can agree how is godly now imange aliens who look at them like they are nuts .

But lets pretend for a mint every thing went great well in that case the whole planet would be taking a long weekend
for the next 2 weeks 3/2 of the planet takes off work the whole system collapse from lak of maintenance .

So no matter how you cut it we can never be ready Unless robots are the ones doing all the work when aliens show up
and all the religion nuts take the day off ( Remember there are almost 2 billion muslums who think your not them you should die ) and just as many Christians who say the same .
out of 7 billion people maybe 200 million would handle it in a rachionial way .

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I'd support this line of thinking if I indeed existed.

I'm kidding...sort of. I have experienced non duality and it truly is bliss, yet incredibly difficult to describe without falling in to poetics.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Nature and the universe are the same thing. And there is nothing and no one beyond that, at least no while in this physical plane of existence.

And as someone who has communicated with these so called aliens and all kinds of other things as well, some which I have made up, and some of which I have yet to make up, and even some I did not make up. I can tell you that they are just as asholishly as we are, and some a whole new magnitude of asholishness yet to even be measured on any scale in existence, and some are completely on another unfathomable level of asholishness.

And well, communication is hard even when your speaking the same languages, I mean just look at you all? You cant even understand eachother when your using the same dam words. And you think you can understand a completely alien language or concept? Now that is just dam silly, and highly illogical.

Anyways, communication is overrated. And silence as they say, is golden.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm not going to debate whether we are ready or not. Instead I'm going to refer to President Carter's official statement on spacecraft Voyager, June 16, 1977

Public Papers of the Presidents
Jimmy Carter1977: Book II
Jimmy Carter
1977: Book II

The American Presidency Project

This Voyager spacecraft was constructed by the United States of America. We are a community of 240 million human beings among the more than 4 billion who inhabit the planet Earth. We human beings are still divided into nation states, but these states are rapidly becoming a single global civilization.

We cast this message into the cosmos. It is likely to survive a billion years into our future, when our civilization is profoundly altered and the surface of the Earth may be vastly changed. Of the 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, some--perhaps many--may have inhabited planets and spacefaring civilizations. If one such civilization intercepts Voyager and can understand these recorded contents, here is our message:

This is a present from a small distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts, and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours. We hope someday, having solved the problems we face, to join a community of galactic civilizations. This record represents our hope and our determination, and our good will in a vast and awesome universe.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Beside President Carter official statement, there is a second audio section, Greetings in 55 languages, an hour long recording of the brainwaves of Ann Druyan, and there is an eclectic 90-minute selection of music from many cultures, including Eastern and Western classics.

Currently, Voyager 1 and 2 are at a distance of 141 AU (2.11×1010 km), approximately 21 billion kilometers (13 billion miles) from the Sun as of January 2, 2018, it is the farthest spacecraft and man-made object from Earth.

My conclusion is people in the 70' seem to be optimistic that we are ready to make contact, hence, we have Voyager's golden records in interstellar space, carried by 2 40 years old space probes.

I make no statement whether aliens exist or not. But we did put a lot of effort to make contact with interstellar unknown species. So there you go...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

#1) The problem with our species, is that most of us are too preoccupied overcoming the obstacles and struggles that occur in our daily lives, to give a rat's a$$ about communicating with non-terrestrial beings.

#2) How the heck do you know, that the human species are the only species, in this vast universe, that are destroying their planet, or killing one another, or slaughtering and consuming other creatures? Are all non-terrestrial beings vegetarians?

#3) Please tell us, how you know, that some humans have established "a conscious level connection with non-terrestrial intelligence." Where's the proof of this?

Like some one stated before:

none of the claims in your OP are substantiated with any facts or evidence.

edit on 3/17/2018 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

But 80% (just a guess; by species) of living beings on Earth slaughter and eat while alive other living beings.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think some of us could serve as a bridge between all minds.

We are capable of this now as a species.

Contact and disclosure are a choice.

If you see it you know it is already here.

We arent dead yet. Still dying though. Whats missing?

Do we need everyone to define it in a dictionary before it is real to us?

edit on 3 17 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

originally posted by: Willtell

I'd support this line of thinking if I indeed existed.

I'm kidding...sort of. I have experienced non duality and it truly is bliss, yet incredibly difficult to describe without falling in to poetics.

Of course this is abstract to the prosaic thinker, but in reality, if there is a God then there ultimately can be no reality but that God.

Or you don’t want to do God, then ultimately there’s no reality save consciousness.

Those closer to the I and We are closer to the animal nature
Those less near I and we are closer to the, as you call, non-dual state.

So-called aliens may be the in the latter reality

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

#1) The problem with our species, is that most of us are too preoccupied overcoming the obstacles and struggles that occur in our daily lives, to give a rat's a$$ about communicating with non-terrestrial beings.

#2) How the heck do you know, that the human species are the only species, in this vast universe, that are destroying their planet, or killing one another, or slaughtering and consuming other creatures? Are all non-terrestrial beings vegetarians?

#3) Please tell us, how you know, that some humans have established "a conscious level connection with non-terrestrial intelligence." Where's the proof of this?

Like some one stated before:

none of the claims in your OP are substantiated with any facts or evidence.

Are all non-terrestrial beings vegetarians?

I never heard about any aliens eating pork chops, I think they eat dried up biscuits of some sort.

Some people have claimed alien contact and there are claims of abductions.

One can believe that or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Maybe true for some.

Not true for all.

Some have already met e.t.

Willingly or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Isn't there another problem with contact?

Advanced species would paralyse the human species and spirit by showing up. Their knowledge and technology would instantly render human culture and advancement useless. All our factories, products knowledge and even our dreams for the future would be eclipsed by the knowledge and technology such a species would have. Imaging Elon Musk and his dream of reaching Mars and how insignificant that dream is for a species that can jump between galaxies?

For us as humans now the work that people such as Elon Musk, or the now late Stephen Hawking are have done and are doing is exciting cutting edge work and the results of dreams and aspirations of our species. Humanity would see all those dreams as pointless when visited. Sure; we could visit other galaxies but only to find out that our own knowledge is insignificant and that others have already explored what we dreamed of. Humanity would end up in a state of wonder and pointlessness. A species that finds out how vast the universe is and how useless its role is in it with everything already done before it.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Are you in contact with them?

If so you should let them know that we'll destroy this planet if they ever try anything, we do not need electricity to start a nuclear reaction.

Humans shouldn't act so weak, a black hole shows no regards to a star when it absorbs it... Think on that a second.

Alpha and Omega, be alpha in nature, be omega in action. If aliens exist and are communicating with you then don't be a fool and trust them. They do not care about us and are here for a reason, that reason isn't the benefit of mankind.

Don't believe me test them.

Nature is the way of things, any dimensions a being may come from would still have a nature otherwise a being simply couldn't exist in it. I know I don't walk down the street then suddenly become a teapot or an apple.

What is the purpose of a universe and all its nature, if there is no consciousness to experience it? If there is no one to feel, smell, touch, hear taste the nature within the universe, the universe itself would render useless wholly.

Are you saying that matter is pointless if nobody is able to witness it?

I hope not, because the physical universe doesn't care about consciousness (as far as we know) and it will continue regardless. Our whole solar-system is basically recycled matter from long dead and dispersed stars.

In all honesty though non of it matters anyways, it's a silly human ideal that everything has a point.

We can be like nature... Consume, metabolise then complicate the once simple. It's our destiny.

Or we can kid ourselves into thinking we are unique and special, somehow miraculously separate from the very nature that created us.

In the darkness we are all the same, it's only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us. Don't let your eyes deceive you.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Are you in contact with them?

If so you should let them know that we'll destroy this planet if they ever try anything, we do not need electricity to start a nuclear reaction.

Humans shouldn't act so weak, a black hole shows no regards to a star when it absorbs it... Think on that a second.

Alpha and Omega, be alpha in nature, be omega in action. If aliens exist and are communicating with you then don't be a fool and trust them. They do not care about us and are here for a reason, that reason isn't the benefit of mankind.

Don't believe me test them.

Nature is the way of things, any dimensions a being may come from would still have a nature otherwise a being simply couldn't exist in it. I know I don't walk down the street then suddenly become a teapot or an apple.

What is the purpose of a universe and all its nature, if there is no consciousness to experience it? If there is no one to feel, smell, touch, hear taste the nature within the universe, the universe itself would render useless wholly.

Are you saying that matter is pointless if nobody is able to witness it?

I hope not, because the physical universe doesn't care about consciousness (as far as we know) and it will continue regardless. Our whole solar-system is basically recycled matter from long dead and dispersed stars.

In all honesty though non of it matters anyways, it's a silly human ideal that everything has a point.

We can be like nature... Consume, metabolise then complicate the once simple. It's our destiny.

Or we can kid ourselves into thinking we are unique and special, somehow miraculously separate from the very nature that created us.

In the darkness we are all the same, it's only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us. Don't let your eyes deceive you.

I would say matter is a part of consciousness. Matter is very conscious—all those subatomic particles interacting is an aspect of consciousness

light=Consciousness=feeling=interaction=unity=love=God

edit on 18-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
We have evidence of being contacted going back over 2000 years.
Whether or not people accept it is another OP.

I have all the evidence I will personally ever need. I don't need to be convinced anymore. But I am somewhat worried about the intentions of beings that visit this world while trying to remain as unseen and undetected as possible. I don't know about what others think, but it can't be good when someone is sneaking around, conducting experiments, all while making as little "contact" as possible. Experience tells me that anyone behaving like this can ultimately only be up to no good.

They don't seem very interested in making contact, but they have been here, probably are now and will be in the future.

If we aren't ready for contact by now, I don't think we ever will be.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So for many people it isn't a belief. It's a fact.

Its actually none of those.

Its simply an observation.

The claims of what it is, is what is fact, belief, deception or confusion.

But it is a fact that people who didn't get to see them deny them over and over and over again.

Not them, but the claims about them.

You'll get there one day, you are close.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join