It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic bags @ grocery stores - people who double bag a 2L bottle and other small items!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I miss the days a paper bags.

Always had a lot of uses for them (school book covers, art projects, easy to store and use trash bag, all biodegradable....).

Except for the roaches that lay eggs in them. They go after the glue in the bags. Plus paper sacks tear easy when trying to carry two liter soda bottles.

Not sure whats worse; drinking soda pop, cutting down a million trees to make paper bags or bringing cockroaches home from the store.

In my day: soda's wern't sold in 2 liter bottles. Sold in cases and not put in the paper bags.

Trees get replanted.

Never had an issue with roaches in my home.

Never tore easy for me, and in fact was easy to store by folding them back up and having one hold them.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I got so annoyed the other day. I usually just bag my own groceries because ..dumb kids.

So I don't have much. Can all fit in one paper bag no problem. I tell them just cram it in one bag it's fine.

Don't worry about my 6-pack or laundry soap...stuff with handles, stuff that you don't bag etc.

I ended up with 4 paper bags and a plastic.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I miss the days a paper bags.

Always had a lot of uses for them (school book covers, art projects, easy to store and use trash bag, all biodegradable....).

Except for the roaches that lay eggs in them. They go after the glue in the bags. Plus paper sacks tear easy when trying to carry two liter soda bottles.

Not sure whats worse; drinking soda pop, cutting down a million trees to make paper bags or bringing cockroaches home from the store.

Remind me never to live where you do with cockroaches in the store paper bags. and where everyone seems to drink 9000 liters of soda.

They store the pallets of grocery bags right next to the bananas from south america. They'll both get sprayed from time to time.

Banana spiders! (Usually dead.)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've had that happen and with items that needed to be double bagged such as two large yogurt containers or glass jars, not double bagged ending up having broken handles smashing onto the ground. That usually leaves me wanting to bag even if they offer it or end up advising what I need, usually some employees ask at least.

Where I'm at there are cities where plastic bags are "banned" and it's becoming more popular. You have an option of paying for paper bags-which end up having torn handles from some of the places. Or you end buying/bringing your own sacks bought from the grocery stores with emblems on them.

Might be better overall to invest in some shopping sacks, can buy them online if not in stores, if that helps rather than dealing with bags. Although sometimes a hassle to remember to have in your car, have enough for large shopping trips, and wonder if you should wash(seems to weaken them faster) due to food contaminants, etc., and while stronger don't always seem to last that long-average ones for sale anyway.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join