It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EO on 3-1-2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
According to reddit.com Trump signed an EO allowing experienced civilians to work with the Military on the court martial process . I would like any more information on this . Is it True ? I rarely search much on the web so I don't know good or bad sources . I n reading many post on ATS it seams they all suck

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Maybe I am blind, but I do not see the actual amendments in the EO.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The amendment to Article 60 of the UCMJ...

(1) requires action by the convening authority on the sentence;

(2) permits action by the convening authority on findings;

(3) authorizes the convening authority to modify the findings and sentence of a court-martial, dismiss any charge or specification by setting aside a finding of guilty thereto, or change a finding of guilty to a charge or specification to a finding of guilty to an offense that is a lesser included offense of the offense stated in the charge or specification;

(4) authorizes the convening authority to order a proceeding in revision or a rehearing; or

(5) authorizes the convening authority to approve, disapprove, commute, or suspend a sentence in whole or in part.

So prior convictions or sentences from the court can now be modified, overturned, commuted, suspended.

Interesting...

edit on 7-3-2018 by Lumenari because: Fixin stuff

edit on 7-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlawThey must plan on getting extra busy in the near future...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

that was my opinion . The article was about former Obama officials starting a shadow National Security council . I was under the impression that Trump would have to declare a national emergency or try whoever as enemy combatants to use a Military Tribunal . Thanks to all for the information

top topics

join