It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand Grenade, 4-5-6 yr olds with a knives, bullets in High Schools-U.S./U.K./AU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Gun Control would make no difference...we are missing the gist of violence. Guns are not the issue as seen below!

Morning News: United States, the U.K...even Australia

In the last 72 hrs...we've had 4-5-6 year olds bring knives to daycare etc.. a middle schooler brought a fake hand grenade, and more than several high school incidents with bullets found on stairwells in an attempt to get out of school for the day.

We've also got a High School senior with $10 MILLION bail in jail due to a threat he made to a friend about repeating the Parkland incident. I think the gun control issue is a mute point. We've been saying its not the guns...ANYTHING can be a weapon. And as Ive stated above...they are.

So help me...if I ever have to kill a 4-year old or middle schooler with what appears to be a or knife or live grenade...then.....God help me and us all...

*U.S.A.
"Parent concerned after 5-year-old brings knife to school ..."
www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/...year-old-brings-knife-to-school

*U.K.
"Five-year-old boy smuggles knife into primary school..."
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/526972/Boy-aged-five-knife..

*U.S.
"Boy brings hand grenade to school for show and tell..."
www.usatoday.com/.../01/23/hand-grenade-show-tell/22206929

*U.S
"South Lyon High School student remains jailed on false ..." ($10 Million dollars bail)
www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/south-lyon/2018/02/...

*AU/Sydney
Teen charged with terror offences in NSW refused bail - ABC
www.abc.net.au/...15/...year-old-with-counter-terror-offences/7511540

Another middle schooler accidently shot himself on the school bus....it just doesnt end with whatever any child, teen, adult can find to use. Its all disturbing and not at all about gun control...we are wasting valuable time on a singular issue that is not the root of the problem.

Violence is. Even from a 4 year old.....

M.S./1st Responder/CPL holder
edit on 1-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Just give them some more violent videos, movies and games.....they'll start even younger!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not to be picky but what was the incident with a four year old? I can't even imagine that could happen without the parent being the one that packed a weapon.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

Just give them some more violent videos, movies and games.....they'll start even younger!

Its like there a newly realized dna link prone to instigate violence at any age....

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What the hell.

I grew up watching the three stooges, bugs bunny, and Road Runner get the best of WILE Coyote for years.

I haven't done snip to anyone.

link   
Its horrifying! Our son is 3 and I noticed in his 3rd week of preschool, he came home with a block in his bookbag. It was one from our house. My mom said only me and my dad would spin something so innocent. My issue was, and I explained this to his father who drops him off in the mornings before work that: This is cute now, yeah, a block? But what if next time it's not just a block, what if next time he grabs a knife, or a pack of cigarettes, or whatever he might find in our home that could be harmful to him or others and takes that to school?

So after that day the new rule in our house is the book-bag is checked once out the front door to make sure there are no extras tagging along with him to class. I would be mortified if I ever got that phone call.

-Alee

link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Not to be picky but what was the incident with a four year old? I can't even imagine that could happen without the parent being the one that packed a weapon.

He brought the knife to school twice. The schools did nothing the 1st time...and one of the times it fell out of his pocket. Thats how it was discovered he had it....again apparently

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

That'd be on the parents.

It's against the law for children to purchase violent video games or to purchase a ticket to violent movies.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We carried pocket knives to school every day in the 80's.

I had a bullet keychain for my first key chain.

Took a dud grenade for show and tell once.

What i see in most of your headlines isn't a problem with violence. Its a problem with over reaction.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Unless they expressed intent to harm these all seem like moot topics.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The ages represented in the OPs are children..not technical, but like...barely older than toddlers. Chances are very high that their exposure to the things you said are non existent (unless spongebob is now in a gang). Thats the influence of parents and siblings

Now I don't think that kids should be watching scarface or playing gta at age 6 mind you...but there is no link established between the two at older ages. There might be some gray area at the developmental age of course when you are learning about morality.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nothing has changed between now and the 1970's.... other than society.

We cry and complain about everything, yet choose to do nothing except blame everyone else for our issues.

Look at California, for example. The shining pillar of societal (D)evolution. They can't control themselves. They can't control their children. So instead, they pass laws and regulation to eliminate personal responsibility. This lack of responsibility leads to more complaining, overreaction, and the cycle repeats itself endlessly until you're banning toys in happy meals because you can't tell your children "No", and banning plastic straws in certain counties......

Become good parents. Discipline them. Talk with them. Be a parent, or don't have kids. THAT"S the difference between then and now. Regulation isn't going to stop people. Being responsible for the people you bring into this world and teaching them right from wrong is going to be the only thing that makes a difference.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Here where I disagree with you. It was a historical Grenade, that was defused. The fear of inanimate objects is crazy. Bringing in history to a school, should be ok. Logic dictates it’s a fake, but All anyone had to do was ask the kid, to make sure. One can see, only government can save you mentality. Because, If one thinks he was going to use a real grenade, calling the cops would only speed up that action.

How big of a cuck do you have to be, to take your friend’s bad taste joke to the cops

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Its horrifying! Our son is 3 and I noticed in his 3rd week of preschool, he came home with a block in his bookbag. It was one from our house. My mom said only me and my dad would spin something so innocent. My issue was, and I explained this to his father who drops him off in the mornings before work that: This is cute now, yeah, a block? But what if next time it's not just a block, what if next time he grabs a knife, or a pack of cigarettes, or whatever he might find in our home that could be harmful to him or others and takes that to school?

So after that day the new rule in our house is the book-bag is checked once out the front door to make sure there are no extras tagging along with him to class. I would be mortified if I ever got that phone call.

-Alee

Block?

Terrifying. Next he will be smuggling in a slinky

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Here where I disagree with you. It was a historical Grenade, that was defused. The fear of inanimate objects is crazy. Bringing in history to a school, should be ok. Logic dictates it’s a fake, but All anyone had to do was ask the kid, to make sure. One can see, only government can save you mentality. Because, If one thinks he was going to use a real grenade, calling the cops would only speed up that action.

How big of a cuck do you have to be, to take your friend’s bad taste joke to the cops

You're right, kids should be allowed to bring grenades and if you disagree with that you're a cuck. Lol.

When I was in grade school some kid got kicked out of school after claiming to be in the FBI and bringing a gun to school.

We should've just let him live out his delusions, carrying a loaded weapon at a grade school. Because we're cucks.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What the hell.

I grew up watching the three stooges, bugs bunny, and Road Runner get the best of WILE Coyote for years.

I haven't done snip to anyone.

Kind of hard to hurt anyone when you buy your weapons from ACME.

Except yourself, of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I have to say . I could literally make one phone call and if I had the cash I could buy any gun I want today.

No id , No wait list.

Btw its the same with drugs. One call .

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Sounds like intent to break the law!

Must have watch that snip show at the White House yesterday.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yeah blame it all on that.

Everyone is an A+ parent right?
edit on 1-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My son knows better than to take his hand grenade to school.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join