It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vodafone to Install 4G Network on the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The plan comes from a space exploration company known as PTScientists who will launch Nokia masts aboard a SpaceX rocket from Cape Canaveral next year , the addition of a 4G signal will help transmit data from science missions faster and allow HD video streaming from the Moons surface... can't wait.

The 4G signal, provided by Vodafone, will also be able to transmit high-definition video streaming of the Moon’s surface. “This project involves a radically innovative approach to the development of mobile network infrastructure” said Dr Hannes Ametsreiter, CEO of Vodafone Germany.

The vehicles are exploring the Moon as a potential human habitat. The introduction of a 4G network is hoped to be the first step to creating a communications infrastructure for future lunar missions.

The network will help to save energy, as mobile signal is more energy efficient than analogue radio. “The great thing about this LTE solution is that it saves so much power, and the less energy we use sending data, the more we have to do science”, said Robert Böhme, CEO of PTScientists.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Hopefully the mission is a success and next destination Mars , HD video streaming with sound would be a dream come true.

edit on 27-2-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's cool and a bit surprising to me. Is using the moon for this more feasible than trying to provide such a network through the use man-made of satellites?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I guess putting them on the Moon means they'll be in the same place all the time so probably better to do that.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think mostly it is a massive publicity stunt on the part of the phone company.

And I really don't care about that

Put the mast on top of the south massif of Taurus Littrow and broadcast from there.

link   
I bet the call costs will be out of this world! Astronomical even!

link   

Are we still pretending that we travel to the moon.

I suppose so and if their is cell signal there it must be true that we were there.

Please forgive me as i call bs on "space exploration".

For some reason we are not allowed out of the cage.

link   
Sounds like a pretty weak cover story to me.
Doesn't even make sense if you spend more than 10 seconds thinking about it

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I suppose so and if their is cell signal there it must be true that we were there.

For some reason we are not allowed out of the cage.

I hope that was sarcasm.

Otherwise I am sad for you.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Gives new meaning to

Reach out and touch someone.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

The evidence is there to prove we went to the Moon.

No , can't do that , it's pure ignorance to deny the knowledge we've gained from space exploration.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It sounds cool but, you only get to have signal only when the moon is visible. And yes you can use the other satellites to create the network, but again why use the moon if you have the satellites.

Unless there is a hidden motive. (suspicious music in the background)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No i get what you say

so after the supposed moon landing who gave the order to shove our thumb up our butt for the next hundred yrs?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
It sounds cool but, you only get to have signal only when the moon is visible. And yes you can use the other satellites to create the network, but again why use the moon if you have the satellites.

Unless there is a hidden motive. (suspicious music in the background)

Yeah but it's always visible somewhere, and you can relay the signal one it's back on Earth to wherever you want.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

It sounds cool but, you only get to have signal only when the moon is visible.

The Moon is always visible from somewhere on the planet.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

a little bit

these jackasses put 4g on the moon and i cant even get a signal at home

logic is not involved when making these decisions

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

so after the supposed moon landing who gave the order to shove our thumb up our butt for the next hundred yrs?

No one because we haven't , exploration has continued and discovered many wonders , people got bored of the Moon so we sent scientific instruments to planets and Moons in our Solar System.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

oh ok

we just got tired of walking on the moon

that clears it all up

edit on 27-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The moon Martians won't he happy. They will send that signal to the sun and 4G won't return to the moon again

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wonder what, if any, roaming charges there will be on the moon/mars? I guess we can ask out carrier if the moon/mars is included in unlimited plans.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

OK looks like a useless publicity stunt. If I can send a signal to a receiver on the moon I can send it to ones on the earth. And if I do it directly less delay.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join