It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein was right! (for once)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some things are so obvious.. they are beyond my understanding as of why we do not have a mass implementation of it.

For example.. Refrigeration.. cooling.

We have nice refrigerators in our homes that give us all we need, freezing, cooling, even crushed ice for the lucky ones.

What if i would tell you that you could make that fridge 90% more efficient?

Just lay it's on it's back ( Disclaimer, do not do this in real life).

My point is, every time you open up the door, you will dump all the cold air in the fridge out in your room.
Happily replaced with the warmth of your room.

By having a lid instead of a door, you will improve efficiency with at around 90%.

I happily admit, nothing new, supermarkets and industry know this for decades, but next time you open the fridge door with bare feet... just enjoy that coldness carrassing your toes... because you pay for it! : )

Next thing:

What if i would tell you your fridge do not need any moving parts?

Just heat or electricity is enough. Although we have modern Peltiers and alikes, even magnetic refrigeration..

The base patent was issued by no other then Albert Einstein !
Some clever engineered heat piping and a bit of ammonia creates and excellent cold source.

You might have one of those yourself in your camping/mobile cooler, i have one. It runs on main power, 12V and... natural gas ( i.o.w heat) .
Although to my surprise i see "geniuses" win awards re-inventing this for "vaccine tech".. and whoppa vaccines, the magical MSN term.. a hero is born, but the tech shuffled back under the carpet.

Awards for replicating

So it is both nothing new, and nothing i invented.. And yes it is on the market.

The question is.. Why isn't this produced on mass scale?

Not only for the western world, but also for the warm dry regions.. a cheap plastic Fresnel lens could provide a freezer in the hottest climate, no moving parts. Mass production cost way under 10 dollars i estimate.
The working fluid is ammonia, what is not pleasant, but not considered high polluting is small amounts of accidental release. Otherwise being enclosed.

I actually read on Wikipedia (kuch) that the efficiency has recently been brought up to 4x times more.

In September 2008 it was reported that Malcolm McCulloch of Oxford University was heading a three-year project to develop more robust appliances that could be used in locales lacking electricity, and that his team had completed a prototype. He was quoted as saying that improving the design and changing the types of gases used might allow the design's efficiency to be quadrupled.[3]

And don't get me started on Stirling based systems..

edit on 26-2-2018 by EartOccupant because: Cold fingers

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Any ideas on how I could build a cheap fridge to keep my beer kegs cold? I’d like to be able to build it into the bottom of my kitchen table..

Yes, I’m being serious..

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

The cheapest way, and for beer maybe enough, would be an evaporation cooler.

Fun experiment would that be for indoor use.

Just out of hand maybe something like this:

1. Create a beer basket and a larger basket from a poreus material.
2. Fill the spacing between the two baskets with sharp sand
3. Make (and keep) the sand moist
4. Put in your beers and cover up your basket.

You should get about 5 Celsius beer !

Good luck!

Edit:

Here is an outdoor example

edit on 26-2-2018 by EartOccupant because: Knowledge came to me

edit on 26-2-2018 by EartOccupant because: Knowledge came to me , and spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Einstein was right---FOR ONCE????? That's quite a claim for an internet keyboard warrior. I'm thinking that despite your alleged expertise in refrigeration, that Einstein was a cut above anyone who posts on AS. Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

I happily admit, nothing new, supermarkets and industry know this for decades, but next time you open the fridge door with bare feet... just enjoy that coldness carrassing your toes... because you pay for it! : )

I dunno,
You need to remind the supermarkets about that, everywhere round here the chest freezers are being replaced with upright systems for more floor space.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That could be, I guess floorspace is more valuable as electricity in your region!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

for once

FOR ONCE ????

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I get your point Sir, and a fair one to discuss. I do hope however that is not gonna be in this topic!

Let me rephrase: "A case Einstein made within touchable reality"

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Einstein was right! (for once)

Presumptuous pseudointellectual garbage.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Let me rephrase: "A case Einstein made within touchable reality"

And again.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hey guys..

I give the guy recognition for his ONE AND ONLY patent, that was the "joke" behind the little title addition.
I guess some of you didn't get that little playfulness.

Mea Culpa and Cool down.

edit on 26-2-2018 by EartOccupant because: Timebending

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes refrigerators are terribly inefficient. In Alaska we would use chest freezers as refrigerators.
Unplugged, dug into the ground. Park your truck over it so bears leave it alone.

Wasn't perfect, but kept our stuff cool in the warm months, and stopped freezing in the winter.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
But that is not acceptable, what would happen if people became completely self sufficient. How would our government get compound tax income taxes from people working in powerplants paying income tax while also you pay tax on what you earn.

Our country also wants us to fear a possible anything happening, including power disruptions. We have to be dependent on our government to make sure we have power. Self dependence is evil, that comes straight out of ancient times, Heathens are bad, they don't need to be led like sheep.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sorry for being a dick.

But claiming Einstein is wrong is a regular occurrence on ATS by people who wouldn't recognize the scientific method if it were explained with small words and a whole box of crayons.

You know it's true.

It's the idiots who believe in numerology because they can't do math outside of addition and subtraction.

It's so common that I find it impossible not to greet it with a certain level of hostility, you understand. Pseudoscience kills people.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Koolatrons are cool.

No compressors, pipes, ice, ammonia, etc. Runs from twelve volts power source.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Tnx for being open. I do understand.
I agree also, to a certain point. The fear of pseudoscience has also the downside of not being open to alternative discovered inputs.
Upon that the miss usage of science by other forces to either hide behind or steer for profit instead of progress, has create a climate of mutual blocking. A kind of status quo, that is not good.

Both sides need to meet, learn and work together to improve. And both sides needs to learn there is no absolute proof, only addition of knowledge and paths.

Anyway.. it's a balancing scale.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Yep, i think that would be Peltier kind of technology. They actually work both ways ( generate energy when exposed to a temperature difference as well )
These are actually also used quit common in cheap camping gear and USB kind of desktop "fridges" or reversed as coffee mug wamers.

I do not know however their efficiency rate. Although laying them on there back would also increase their efficiency 90% , but be careful not to block fans or airflow on the outside.

I do know they are reliant on ambient temperature. They can not exceed a certain delta T minus.
In the case of your link: Cools to 40°F/22.24°C Below Ambient Temperature

But that could still be for many situations an acceptable solution with minor components.

edit on 26-2-2018 by EartOccupant because: Chilling thought

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The fear of pseudoscience has also the downside of not being open to alternative discovered inputs.

Science, as a method of investigation, considers all sources of data. Not all sources of data are legitimate. Pseudoscience is not good as it does not provide a realistic picture of nature. Being open-minded is about being willing to consider all evidence, pseudoscience does not do that. Pseudoscience peddlers are often snake oil salesman that rely on the power of suggestion and misrepresentation of data to make money off of gullible people.

Both sides need to meet, learn and work together to improve. And both sides needs to learn there is no absolute proof, only addition of knowledge and paths.

Anyway.. it's a balancing scale.

BS.

The most inane of all notions, which makes the least use of critical thinking, is that all philosophies are good and equal, that all opinions are valid, and that all viewpoints, regardless of their absurdity, are worth entertaining.

Pseudoscience doesn't help people, it defrauds them.

You don't know better than Einstein and never will.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'd prefer it if fridges/freezers were less deep and at eye level. Then they could see where everything was, the expiry/use-by dates.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

A counter top lid would solve that problem and forces you to keep the counter clean... Win - Win !

But even worse did you know that after closing the fridge door 254 seconds later the light turns on to make your food go bad and you buy more fresh products!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join