It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago, Illinois to Allow Illegal Immigrants to Vote........ Is this setting a precedent?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
State Board of Elections spokesman Matt Dietrich says there is no state requirement to prove citizenship while registering to vote. He’s not expecting a surge in potential voter fraud cases because the process will remain the same.

There will be no surge in cases purely because Illinois in general and Chicago in particular won't prosecute them any more than they currently do. Hell, the dead still vote in Chicago... it is truly a trashed city.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's a dumb thing and there is no reason to allow or tolerate it.

Every country, without exception, that has a generally democratic system allows only citizens to vote in elections. Even a legal immigrant should not be afforded this right until they have been granted citizenship. If they don't have the intention of staying permanently they shouldn't have that option.

Maybe they should just let everyone across the world vote in America's elections. Then every Presidential election will come down to Chairman Xi's "Death to America" Party and an Indian gentlemen whose platform consists entirely of bombing Pakistan.
edit on -060001pm2kpm by Ohanka because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There will be lawsuits that tie up the counts everywhere that you can bet on. The left likes their lawsuits now the right will start too.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
a reply to: dothedew

Read between the lines. It would be accepted to register to vote [ nothing about illegals susing it].
And there are laws that provide criminal penalties for non citizens who vote. Unless they change those laws. every illegal that votes risks a prison term

There are also laws that prevent illegal immigration. You see how well that's being enforced. What they've done here is created a loophole. Everyone will check that box that says "I'm a citizen" but who's going to check if it's true?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just cant fathom what is wrong about asking for an ID to vote! and it's wrong on so many levels to allow a non citizen to vote! rasist' no way! as there many legal imigrant citizens from countless different places! I don't believe i'm stupid but i just don't get it. To me it compromises the integrity of my country!

link   
I just cant fathom what is wrong about asking for an ID to vote! and it's wrong on so many levels to allow a non citizen to vote! rasist' no way! as there many legal imigrant citizens from countless different places! I don't believe i'm stupid but i just don't get it. To me it compromises the integrity of my country!

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
oops somthing went wrong please delete multipule posts
thanks and i'm sorry
the cat stepped on the enter key
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: messed up

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Dietrich believes the penalty for illegally registering to vote is steep enough to discourage those who might be considering it.

There's no way he really believes that. I won't accept that.

How would they get caught? The mere suggestion that we should audit voter registrations every so many years is denounced as "racist" and "voter suppression" whenever it's brought up.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How do we pretend we are upset about Russian interference in our election process and then turn around and let non-citizens vote in our elections?

The hypocrisy is simply unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Dietrich believes the penalty for illegally registering to vote is steep enough to discourage those who might be considering it.

How would they get caught? The mere suggestion that we should audit voter registrations every so many years is denounced as "racist" and "voter suppression" whenever it's brought up.

Sometimes I am amazed that some people can say somethings with a straight face. I mean does this guy not have to look at himself in the mirror in the morning?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

No surprise there if it's true. But the funny thing here is that all thee blue states that already harbor illegals and let them illegally vote, most likely, are states that don't need any help going blue.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Chicago used to catch hell for letting the dead vote.
At least they were citizens.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: face23785

Sometimes I am amazed that some people can say somethings with a straight face. I mean does this guy not have to look at himself in the mirror in the morning?

They really don't see anything wrong with it. They know illegals aren't supposed to be able to vote, but advancing their ideology is all that matters. It's worth breaking every rule in the book. The end justifies the means.
edit on 26 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join