It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are AR's used in mass shootings instead of AK's - so many reasons to choose AK's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Less kick.. these guys are sissies..a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
This whole thread should be deleted by the mods..

All this speculation could be seen by the wrong people.. and get some ideas how to kill as many kids as fast as possible .

Wow.
Just.. Wow.

Wow.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Because the shooters are panzy's and a 5.56 vs a 7.62 looks way easier to control.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

You sound like you're talking from experience.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Almost every time I hear that a mass shooting has occurred with a rifle, I hear the phrase something like "the AR-15 assault rifle" nor often followed by "a weapon of war" or a "military grade weapon of war". Well these statements are filled with misinformation and the Mainstream Activist Media seems gung-ho to push these phrases regardless if they are correct as long as they instill fear in their audience, promote ignorance of the topic and don't reveal the true facts of the situation at hand.

After every incident where a shooter uses an AR-15, regardless if it is a real AR or a clone, it is always referred to as an AR when sometimes they aren't, but they are close enough for people to know about what the reporter is speaking. In other cases (non mass shootings) where guns are found in the perp's house, they will report about AR's being found and the number or rounds of ammo. It is one thing to have 10,000 rounds of AR-15 ammo and a totally different thing to have that many 22LR rounds (which is basically the same caliber but much less cartridge size and fires at a much lower speed - it is usually a target practice round) and it is not uncommon for someone to shoot that many rounds in a year (some people a month) of the 22LR, so this type of shallow reporting can give a skewed viewpoint of what the person may have been doing.

So the AR shoots a 5.56x45mm (or .223 Winchester) round vs the 7.62x39 AK-47 round. The 5.56mm - .223 caliber which is almost identical to the .22LR bullet. The 7.62mm AK round is the same caliber as the .308 or 30-06 bullet but has a smaller brass cartridge - meaning slower bullet but still very deadly.

The AR is very accurate out to 400 yards and even further in the hands of a good shooter and the AK is much less accurate at those distances but is VERY deadly in close quarter encounters such as 50 yards and below (a good AK can be accurate to 400 yards as well, but quality varies on where it was built and what company built it).

Bullet speeds in feet per second (fps)
AR-15 - 2,750 to 3,750
AK-47 - 2,100 to 2,500

Bullet energy in Joules
AR-15 - 1,500 - 1,850
AK-47 - 2,050 - 2,380

Bullet weight in grains
AR-15 - 36 - 77
AK-47 - 122 - 154

In semi automatic configuration, both rifles perform the same in rate of fire but the AK comes out far ahead should the perp want to modify it to fire in full auto or in burst fire with numerous modifications that can give these types of fire, from simply filing down a part, using a rubber band and a couple other methods. The AR is much more difficult to modify and might be out of react for many people without access to machining tools or extra parts to modify and replace the originals.

Now looking at the energy of each bullet, this is the energy at the muzzle so it looses some as it travels. Most of these attacks are in fairly close proximity so the energy is probably pretty close to the numbers posted above. The heavier the bullet, the slower the speed of the bullet but it doesn't always mean it has less energy. The AR round with the lowest amount of energy has only 63% of the energy that the highest AK round has. That is a large difference especially considering the AK round is 90% greater in size (the area of the bullet face). The increase of bullet size and the increase of energy translate to a more effective wound channel at close range where the smaller AR bullet is more likely to pass through the victim (AK will also probably pass through, but causing more damage). Even with all the claims of hydro static shock and the tumbling of the bullet, the tumbling often happens from further distances for some reason but the shock trauma is of concern but is also there in the AK round at this distance.

Then we have the price. Often these are students with what should be limited budgets and we so often hear that they have 10's of thousands of dollars in guns and ammo, which just seems ridiculous to even gun enthusiasts (for people of that age I/we mean). While they could be prepping for the collapse of the government, which is never out of the question and a good reason to stockpile things such as this, I would think that due to the difference in price the AK would be more utilized for this. Considering an AK can cost anywhere from 30-70% of the price of a nice AR, that leaves lots of money to spend on bullets, target practice and maybe some body armor if they want something like that.

Now far be it for me to say that there is some kind of conspiracy going on here, but the AR is a US made gun that has MANY guns of similar design, shoot the same round (5.56x45 NATO) made by HK, FN and a slew of other European gun manufacturers. It I didn't know anything about our society, government, news, etc I would say that these events are planned and they are given the guns to use in these attacks. But reality being what it is, that statement would bring criticism from everywhere even though there is a lot of evidence to support it. I mean it's not like governments have committed atrocities against it's people in the past killing 100's, 1,000' and even millions at a time - there is no way that they would EVER orchestrate a series of events that would further their agends of banning guns, especially "assault rifles" or "weapons of war" and use the fact that "the children" being victims to pull at our hear strings and to enrage the do-gooder (often hypocritical) lefties against the heartless mass murderer constitutionalists - thus dividing the nation on a number of manufactured events (not saying people didn't die - just they could have been planned). You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette. It almost seems that they have picked a gun to demonize and one that the emotion driven simpletons on the left can remember and latch onto and spout their pre-programmed party line. Then the Mainstream Activist Media can swoop in and tell them how good they are, how evil the "right" is and how righteous their cause is and the constitution be damned, especially because it was written by those scum slave holders.

And then there is the question of why has no one used the AK-74 which shoots the 5.45x39 which is the AK's variant that shoots bullets near identical to the AR-15 in caliber.

Crazy idea here. Maybe it's because AK-47's aren't American. Maybe part of it is the symbolism behind it. American soldiers use.military versions.of AR-15's. Going with the whole psyops theory behind it, AK47s are already the 'bad guy' weapon. It's what terrorists and Russians use right? People already see them as bad. But the M14 is what the good guys use, it's the hero's weapon. It really helps push the message that AR15's should only be for soldiers. I think if it were Ak's less people would.be freaking out right now about banning assault rifles I feel like the attitude would be more oh a bad guy using a bad guy gun....just my thoughts.
edit on 26/2/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
AK-47s are full auto, AR-15s aren't, therefore they're restricted and not as available.
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think long guns are used in less than 1% of shooting.
Why we focus on just one type of gun here is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wood

The difference is wood.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ARs are manufactured in the U.S ,AKS in communist or former communist countries ,the PTB behind the scenes, want to stop their manufacture in the U.S ,as well as shutting down other gun manufacturers in the U.S ,it looks like Remington could go bankrupt [done deliberately],ultimately, I see all gun manufacturers being bankrupted ,sued ,boycotted ,attacked ,by nefarious under handed means .The AR15 ,M16s etc will continued to be made in Israel .which will export them ,and make lots of $$ ,there, you now know why they want to get rid of them .

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The reason AR-15s are used during these shootings such as the one in Hartford County today and in all of the US mass shooting history is because the EU is organizing them and running them. In that, they want to put the blame on America and on american made guns especially.

In particular, the German Chancellery, the Royals of Scandinavia and the Netherlands, the Italian Govt. the French govt, the Polish govt and the baltic reactionary govts.

Reasons are multiple. Of course the anti-gun lobby of gun grabbers is always there!
In this case it also has political objectives whereby the EU is doing its best efforts to pre-empt the appointment of Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS.
The EU have been fighting against Kavanaugh from day 1, when Trump announced he would nominate him.

Eastern europeans are also very frustrated at Trump not putting sanctions against North Stream construction companies, and want to have the US always engaged in a constant anti-russian campaign.

Will the EU manage to achieve their objectives. Will they manage to get Trump impeached by the end of this year ?

edit on 20-9-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

6 of the last 10 worst mass shooting to have occured in the USA use the "safe" AR15

AR-15 variants were the primary weapon used in the most recent six of the ten deadliest mass shootings in American history,[66] including the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the 2015 San Bernardino attack,[4] the 2017 Las Vegas shooting,[67] the 2017 Sutherland Springs church shooting,[67] and the 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting

AR 15

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

And? The Toyota Rav4 iz the most popular SUV in America. It is also found in the majority of accidents involving SUVs.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The 5.56mm - .223 caliber which is almost identical to the .22LR bullet.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

And? The Toyota Rav4 iz the most popular SUV in America. It is also found in the majority of accidents involving SUVs.

Accidents are not the same as predetermined mass shootings.....are they?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Nice strawman, but not the point.

You will see more of what is typically most popular. The AR15 is the most popular rifle in America by far. The Glock 19 being the most popular handgun.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Having fired both ill tell you the main reason. AR Platform is much better at adapting the rifle. I can interchange any part easily this isn't true with AKs. The other major reason is accuracy AKs tend to be clunky in a large part because of the simple design. They were designed on purpose to be a simple firearm meaning realiability is incredible. I have personally seen AKs in afganistan literally held together with wire and duct tape and they would still fire. But the problem was their accuracy anything over 50 meters using an AK is luck.

In so many fire fights accuracy is the key. With say an m16 you can accurately hit someone at 300 meters. So many times we just sat back as they sprayed the area hoping to hit something as we just picked them off as they popped up their head.

So now if you want a design for a rifle for say hunting would you rather have a rifle that you could change parts as needed and accurate at 300 meters or one accurate to on its best day 100 meters and you don't have to clean? I know me im willing to clean my weapons as long as i can get versatility and accuracy.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I am not a gun person. In fact dont even own a gun. But if they ban guns, I may get one, mainly because we got to many idiots running around who would have access to guns, if guns were banned.

Anyways, the AR 15 is like the tinker toy lego blocks its extremely popular and many people have them, and you can modify it and by modify it I mean they sell all kinds of barrel types and adds on and what not for it that you can make it be whatever you want it to be. You can even turn it into a shotgun, I think. Though it would make #ty shotgun if you could, but now a days, people do all kinds of wacky things.

In terms of killing power, or even power in general, there are literally thousands more guns out there that are more powerful and much more dangerous, and all of them are pretty much legal and easier to get. In fact know a few people one has an AR 15 the other an AK 47 and the AK 47 is way more reliable from what I hear, because the few times they went shooting, the AR got jammed all the time the AK not once. But it also depends on were its made as well.

Anyways, who knows why they got a peve for this particular gun, maybe there idiots, or maybe they watched to many movies and they think it looks like the rambo gun, or probably since its so popular they think that removing it from the streets will stop people from buying other riffles and guns, or companies from making other models.

Ah who knows, there are likely any number of idiotic reasons. Maybe its all faked to remove gun rights, or maybe not, or half and half some are some aren't. Take your pick right? Either way, if they ban guns pretty sure the crazies will just drive cars through walls and use homemade bombs, which is likely to be a much more effective way if your planning on killing massive amounts of people. Just look at Timothy McVeigh, he took down a whole building using what is ultimately cow # and a few other ingredients.

Or you can end up like England, were you have walk by stabbings. Or nothing will come of it, and people will go on with there daily life's.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

lol call me a strawman, car accidents compared to mass shootings

sure sure

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: projectvxn

lol call me a strawman, car accidents compared to mass shootings

sure sure

Are you capable of comprehending the English language?

I'm not comparing mass shootings to car accidents.

Try reading the chain of posts starting with yours.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It makes sense when you consider that the "assault weapons" (Semiautomatic rifles of any caliber that look tactical) have been the ones the gun grabbers have been trying to ban for years. And now they're strangely turning up in all sorts of unlikely types of scenarios. Nothing suspicious about that.
edit on 25-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join