It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charge coward cop with..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Kryties

Yeah, the flood of bs divisive posters here lately have been a real turn off, I feel like I'm fighting trolls too often.

If I wanted the emotionally-manipulative garbage, I'd participate in the russian troll larps on 4chan.

This week marks the first time in a while since I have been here to ATS. I've been turned off since the crap started before the election. The divisiveness has multiplied tenfold, along with the nonsense.

Give me the days of Bernard Schnitzel and his time traveling escapades again......at least it was something we could all have a good chuckle at.

edit on 23/2/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkang

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Czulkang

don't charge him with anything unless you can say with a straight face you'd charge alone into an unknown situation. The guy is basically a sacrificial lamb for the agenda that only way to stop this is gun control.

He took an oath to server and protect he failed kids died, at the very least he should be fired, not allowed to resign and keep his pension.....

He was a cop for 32 years. He could have retired at literally any point of his choosing with that much time in service. I'm pretty positive an employer can't refuse to accept an employee terminating their employment.

Nor, as was pointed out in another thread, can they take away a pension that he put 32 years into being eligible for. He met the time in service, age, and vesting requirements.

As sickening as it may well be, it is what it is.

As for being charged, dereliction of duty can get a cop fired but I don't know if Florida has a criminal charge for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's been posted before but the police do not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm. The poor guy will need help to hold up against all the generated anger and the stupid reporters messing with him.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The reactions to this fellas conduct has really blown me away - the overwhelming lack of empathy, the inability to put ones-self in another mans shoes, the rabid illogical accusations due to pent-up emotions.

Yes, it's #ed up that this particular person failed in their duty when it was most required, unlike the 15-year old cadet who did the opposite, unarmed.

The public, at large, is not impressed with this bloke and that will never change, he will be seen as a coward among other labels that debase the ego. Every day he wakes up, and thereafter all day - this will consume him and he will be punished worse than anything anyone else can dish out.

What punishment should be added such that public satisfaction is achieved? After all, if he's gonna be punished for inaction, then all inaction by authorities leading up to this event should also be punished, equally - your man could be seen as merely the final nail in a coffin of a mass shooting event that was always going to happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'll readily admit that my reaction to this news was pretty extreme, on a personal level as well as professional.

That being said, while I may not like that he was able to retire and is able to get his pension, it is what it is. For otherwise to happen would itself be illegal. I don't like it when senior military is allowed to retire quietly and get their retirement pay after they've done something wrong, but it is what it is.

And I certainly don't wish death on him. That's just mind boggling.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I just heard on some news it may have been 3 officers who stood around

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'd wager that the usual suspects would just whine and spread propaganda around and make more superfluous laws, and outsource it to someone else using a firearm.

Then pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

You really never put down the grudges. Try it maybe for a few seconds you might like it

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I agree as sad as the situation is, if he had to approach the shooter from any distance at all he would of had about a zero chance of saving anybody. I guess that he could have fired in the air a few times and the asse may have run. Or it may have made the situation worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

4 officers.
A new thread was just posted.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If we are going to put armed guards in schools they should be at least as well armed as the wackos and should be wearing body armor. Anything else is foolish.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but you guys live in a seriously eff-ed up country.

That's all I got.

Except sadness that you all have to live through it.

Seriously.

Eff-ed-right-doubly-effed-up.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Gothmog

Many great men have frozen when the bullets start flying and the adrenaline starts flowing

You forgot the next part :
Then they react .

Nope. Not in the experience of thousands of great men who have melted when the bullets started flying. Just ask anyone who ever went to war.

Then , how were they great men in respect to combat ?
And I have spoke with folks that were in combat. In WW2 , my great uncle won the purple heart at the battle of the bulge at Bastogne. With the 81st Airborne. First , he was reprimanded for not falling back when ordered. He gently replied "How do I do that with a 9mm slug in my hip ?
My best friend's dad served with General Patton's 3rd Army from Italy on...
My dad was 101st airborne and fought in Korea. Yes , he was one of the group that had moved deep into NK and was forced to retreat by the Chinese regulars. They fought their way all the way back to SK . One inch at a time.
My friend's brother and more than a few of my older friends fought in Vietnam . Some didnt come back.
Do not speak to me of what you think US combat veterans are
You are not qualified.

Y

edit on 2/23/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Willtell

4 officers.
A new thread was just posted.

Confirmed. FOUR Broward County officers "hid" during the 4 minute shooting rampage.
nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

don't charge him with anything unless you can say with a straight face you'd charge alone into an unknown situation. The guy is basically a sacrificial lamb for the agenda that only way to stop this is gun control.

He took an oath to server and protect he failed kids died, at the very least he should be fired, not allowed to resign and keep his pension.....

He was a cop for 32 years. He could have retired at literally any point of his choosing with that much time in service. I'm pretty positive an employer can't refuse to accept an employee terminating their employment.

Nor, as was pointed out in another thread, can they take away a pension that he put 32 years into being eligible for. He met the time in service, age, and vesting requirements.

As for being charged, dereliction of duty can get a cop fired but I don't know if Florida has a criminal charge for it.

MOFO was pulling down 75 grand a yr too.

Bizzaro Zimmerman.

I wonder if the MSM will vilify him like George.

Won't hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Many great men have frozen when the bullets start flying and the adrenaline starts flowing

You forgot the next part :
Then they react .

Nope. Not in the experience of thousands of great men who have melted when the bullets started flying. Just ask anyone who ever went to war.

Then , how were they great men in respect to combat ?
And I have spoke with folks that were in combat. In WW2 , my great uncle won the purple heart at the battle of the bulge at Bastogne. With the 81st Airborne. First , he was reprimanded for not falling back when ordered. He gently replied "How do I do that with a 9mm slug in my hip ?
My best friend's dad served with General Patton's 3rd Army from Italy on...
My dad was 101st airborne and fought in Korea. Yes , he was one of the group that had moved deep into NK and was forced to retreat by the Chinese regulars. They fought their way all the way back to SK . One inch at a time.
My friend's brother and more than a few of my older friends fought in Vietnam . Some didnt come back.
Do not speak to me of what you think US combat veterans are
You are not qualified.

Y

My grandfather was in WW2 also, he was in the Australian Signals group that helped to decode the Tora Tora Tora message....unfortunately a little too late to prevent Pearl Harbour.

Point is he also spoke of war, he had his fair share of fighting too before joining Signals. He talked of the men who talked a big game but turned into frightened kittens when the shells started exploding around them. He never held it against them, he said you have no idea what it's like to actually be there and experience it.

If you're telling me that my grandfather was lying, or "not qualified" then, quite frankly, you can take a short walk off a tall cliff.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GoalPoster

Wasn't always this way. I don't know when the sheat went south but it certainly has.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Peterson was named school resource officer of the year in 2014 and was nominated twice for the award. A supervisor wrote that the officer was "dependable and reliable and handles issues that arise with tact and solid judgment." Performance reports dating back decades contained similar sentiments, calling Peterson a “team player,” “model employee,” and “dedicated.” But Peterson was also the subject of at least two complaints, one of which was related to the Resident on Campus Security Program. In 1994, he was accused of conduct unbecoming an employee in a charge that was ultimately dropped. In 2015, he sent an email to school board members that called out the leadership of now-former Broward District School Police Chief Anthony Williams, who oversaw the Resident on Campus Security Program. The BCSD questioned Peterson’s discretion in sending the email and ultimately recommended he undergo counseling.

www.policeone.com...

I am wondering what his concern was in the email. Perhaps having only a handgun was one of them. Not very effective in a mass shooting incident , and an assault weapon and body armor would just look so scary on a high school campus. I think that there may be more to the story then we are being told.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Peterson was named school resource officer of the year in 2014 and was nominated twice for the award. A supervisor wrote that the officer was "dependable and reliable and handles issues that arise with tact and solid judgment." Performance reports dating back decades contained similar sentiments, calling Peterson a “team player,” “model employee,” and “dedicated.” But Peterson was also the subject of at least two complaints, one of which was related to the Resident on Campus Security Program. In 1994, he was accused of conduct unbecoming an employee in a charge that was ultimately dropped. In 2015, he sent an email to school board members that called out the leadership of now-former Broward District School Police Chief Anthony Williams, who oversaw the Resident on Campus Security Program. The BCSD questioned Peterson’s discretion in sending the email and ultimately recommended he undergo counseling.

www.policeone.com...

I am wondering what his concern was in the email. Perhaps having only a handgun was one of them. Not very effective in a mass shooting incident , and an assault weapon and body armor would just look so scary on a high school campus. I think that there may be more to the story then we are being told.

Yeah so scary.

About as scary as a shooter?

Did Cruz have body armor or the cop?

edit on 2 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

That's the way some people think I guess. Dumb but true. I have not been able to find out if the cop did. Not sure on Cruz.
edit on 23-2-2018 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

he cant be allowed to just walk away after pulling this # im just sayin

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join