It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Navy SEAL sentenced for production of kiddie....stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ex Navy SEAL Greg Seerden was sentenced a few days ago to 27 years in prison, though the details of his case are just now starting to emerge.

A woman accused Seerden of assaulting her and during the course of their investigation, NCIS seized Seerden's phone. On it, their analysts found multiple images and videos of Seerden with a minor.

It appears that Seerden was charged and convicted in an Eastern District Federal Court, but is likely looking at charges in San Diego as well. The San Diego charges, if they come through, will stem from an investigation NCIS did into Seerden back in 2014. Right now it's not known why that investigation didn't result in charges. Agents from the most recent investigation found dozens of images and several videos, both of Seerden's own creation and obtained from other sources.

Seerden's attorney attempted to lay blame on alleged abuse Seerden went through as a child himself, while Seerden's mother blames his military service and experiences for his attitude towards females. His attorney also attempted to leverage Seerden's military service into a lesser sentence.

"He was honored to serve as a Navy SEAL, performing some of the most dangerous and physically and mentally challenging duties ever asked of a service member," wrote the attorney, Keith Kimball. "[His] degree of military service distinguishes him from other typical cases and warrants a [lesser sentence]."

The judge's response?

Judge Raymond Jackson, himself a veteran, responded to Seerden's service record during the hearing. "This is not an exceptional military record," he said. "You did your job."

One article

Second article

Navy Times teeny-tiny mention of the sentencing.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
he was never a seal.. just a perv in disguise.

your oath protect and defend Americans doesn't end after you get your dd214.

fry him. no sympathy for wastes like these. we have enough problems to deal with.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The question is, in the case of serial murderers, rapists and child molestors and exploiters of children, why are extenuating circumstances considered? Does it matter that your "responsibility was impaired" if you might do it again given the chance? Not in my book.

Twenty seven years is too short for even LOOKING. Actually doing anything like... that, well. That should be either a life sentence or a death sentence, no grey space, no loopholes, or technicalities to avoid the consequences.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ummm...I agree with the judge's assessment...if justice is to be..."equal under the law"...then extenuations need not apply...
Regardless of service or position...past affiliation is no more or less than any other job...

How about we ask this lawyer where justice stands regarding the victim...or victims...

Is it just...to the victim...if the perp receives a lesser sentence due to service...or position...?

I noticed that you refrained from interjecting your own opinion into this story...instead you remained neutral...reporting only the facts or details as they are known to date...

I wanted to congratulate you on that and say thank you...Every "news service" extant could definitely learn a valuable lesson by your approach...

Thank you for the opportunity to comment and offer my not so valuable opinion...

YouSir
edit on 21-2-2018 by YouSir because: of calrity...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So what he was SEAL.

My father, "SEAL Demo", would have beat him bloody.

K~

new topics

top topics

join