It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution is racist & bias

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We all know the constitution & u.s gov. was created & established decades before we ended the paying of killing of any other race beside white. Our decloration of independence states all men are equal, while they got paid for killing every none white it states "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights". Our second ammendment states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." In which indeed neither are true if we see it at a legal (non biased, non-perspective,) way, that we have only a right to bear guns, not arms, whereas to the decloration we have rights to aquaint non-whites, not befriend them. The u.s is written, born, & conducted in racism & bias behaviors & economic value. If we consider our true law, what this country was built on, we would objectify it. So to think as our forefathers as right, we should follow the laws applied today, because their root is true. If we follow our decloration we would be at another civil war, this one full of idealisms. I think if someone were to rewrite a decloration as our forefathers stated was the correct thing to do if someones feel oppressed, the goverment(white americans idea of freedom) has no choice but to oblige to change our held true constitution of law, unless they be held accountable by the gov. themselves. It is our law & right to change our law & rights for the benefit of all peoples. We must do so soon in accordance with our prosperity & health as to not have more civil unrest & disobediance to public ordinances. If someone is to truely think the public is oppressed, i sincerely ask you to find a well drafted writer, make examples of your usurpations & grievances & file them directly to citizens of the enviroment this happens in. If seen fit by the people, the gov. has no choice but to enact upon such requests once brought forth or be subject to jail time or loss of entitlement. So in main frame, wishins for quittin.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

What additional freedoms would you like?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You need an editor to make any sense of this. And spell check. Grammar matters.

I don’t know what your point is, but the constitution is not racist. It clearly states that all humans are to be treated equally.

However, people are racist, and people run the government and people do not follow the constitution.

I can’t think of any part of the constitution that i would change.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That wins the longest paragraph on ATS today prize... so far.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

The freedom to do whatever I want so long as I do not cause harm to others.

That is how its SUPPOSED to work. The point of a nation is to band together for the common good. What happens when the good isn't quite so common?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What happens when the good isn't quite so common?

You get this asinine left/right political pendulum that ignores the sane people in the middle.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
All I know after reading this post, is the good party is at SatansPride's place

Go Friday!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

im sweden, neutral. like if ya watch any ol western movies having the same tech. as your leaders does not work, way to much freedom leads to way to much killing, higher powers must be established but to what extent, i reckon i cant say cause idk. being equal is not to much ask though is it?, i dislike how we have some of our problems today only because we follow a laws built in virtueously unprecidented times.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Such as?

The OP claims that the Constitution was written by white people for white people. Some I'm curious as to what parts need changing to better accommodate people of color.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

i keep gettin told about the spellin & stuff lol but i really do think that our language is changing at such an exponential rate with idk btw wtf & emojis that its creating another language in itself.,( bout time, its been forever since a language change in the world lol). i guess my point is wishins for quittin lol but we did write the constitution in a time where bad stuff happened to good people & the public adored it. like if i roll a snowball down a hill just cause i sugar coat it dont mean its gettin any smaller, like the constitution wih it intent of how its written kinda thing i guess

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That is how its SUPPOSED to work. The point of a nation is to band together for the common good. What happens when the good isn't quite so common?

Fantastic question. I guess we can reflect on today's twisted society and media for a good example.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Jesus Christ dude add some spaces...with quick before your edit time expires or your whole thread will be about that..
edit on 16-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

WIthout diving into something that would take legal scholars pages of disucssion to work out, ill summarize with this:

Federal Law uses the threshold of "adverse impact" to determine if something is racist or violating the civil rights of a citizen. Essentially, your workplace could have laws that state it is against company policy to have curly hair. This on its face isn't racist...but it obviously would have an adverse impact on african americans. Of course, this is a made up scenario to give context for what im about to say.

If you evaluate our prison population, you notice that it appears to be evenly split, for the most part, between caucasian and black people. What is hidden here is that hispanic are consider "caucasian", meaning that our prison population imprisons black people just slightly more than white and hispanic combined.

There is an adverse impact here that is imprisoning black people at a far, far higher rate than any other race. Its a fact. You cannot hide it, even by cooking the numbers and pretending you don't have hispanic people in prison.

Not only does our government victimize black people with the criminal justice system, they fudge the numbers to lie about it because they know it is wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

not change parts, change in whole. noone can keep updating a system & not have it crash. people need to create a whole new program to acclimate more well to time or we wud be livin in stone age law still or mid evil law or somethin old like before we bounced from england, created new england, kicked theyre buttox out & created this law.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The "constitution" is a spook, a phantasm, imagine believing that a piece of paper written by dead people 'x' amount of years ago is what gives people "rights".

that is one of the biggest authoritarian mindsets to have, that somehow we are controlled by a piece of paper with some words that someone "allowed" us to have, anyone "giving" you a "right" can easily take it away or have it be used against you, and to believe that there is some inherent "moral governance" America has is absurd...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I agree , do what you want as long as no one gets hurt. I think everyone wants that but some also don't want others to the same because they don't LIKE what others are doing , not because someone is getting hurt.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

To your actual point though..

Yes and no..

The founding fathers were well aware of the contradiction between the constitution and keeping slavery..

The constitution, like every other such thing, is a compromise between the pro-slavery half and the anti-slavery half. So there is always a backdoor left for racism..

The interesting thing that I think is ignored, is,

“Can you really blame people when white supremacy was considered a scientific fact?”

For example:

If all of math and science says the world is round, but one day we find out it was flat all along. Are we idiots/evil/whatever for thinking it is round??

No question most of our ancestors who had the ability to be act like monsters. Acted like monsters..

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Grammar matters.

Grammars racist!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not only does our government victimize black people with the criminal justice system, they fudge the numbers to lie about it because they know it is wrong.

Rich people are the new black!

In 'Murica.

The more things change. The more they stay the same.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join