It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Booms and shaking in Central Cal's Seirra Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Strange thigs afoot here in cetral cal.
People in the foothill, from Auberry Ca to Mariposa Ca(90 miles)are reporting a series of booms and rattling buildings and windows today around noon.

FB page on booming sierra

I am very very familar with this area and people are hearing and feeling this right now, across a large swath of the central sierra, there is nothing that could be happening on the ground to cause this.
At first I was thinking sky quakes, but that is not case, people are feeling it in houses built on solid granite.
Hope it is not Mammoth

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Arrival of the P wave before the S wave.
There are accounts of "artillery"-like sounds that were said to have occurred before or during the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812.
That must be a little tense.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JWill
Arrival of the P wave before the S wave.
There are accounts of "artillery"-like sounds that were said to have occurred before or during the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812.
That must be a little tense.

I pray it is not mammoth.

Been going on for 30min now.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
More Doom the Better this Year will Be

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Earth is being impacted by a CME solar stream. There is a bigger impact inbound.
SirKonstantin: Have you ever been thru a natural disaster? It's different when you are in the thick of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is from Nov 2017. I am worried about the hotspots because many quakes I have been seeing strike hotspots all at the same time. from Yellowstone, in Nev and to the geysers in Ca small ones seems chained sometimes now along hot spots.

MYSTERY BOOMS ARE BEING RECORDED ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY

Loud, booming noises have startled people across the United States, and it was unclear what was actually happening or if the separate events were even related. Residents in Alabama, California, Idaho, Michigan and New Jersey reported hearing similar mysterious sounds. Most recently, the noises were heard in Colorado, CBS Denver reports. The Monday sounds left CBS Denver’s meteorologist Chris Spears baffled. The only possible conclusion he could offer was that meteors from the Leonid meteor shower were bursting in the sky, creating the loud noises. Ron Hranac, an astronomy expert, struck down that theory, saying that the meteors produced by the Leonids were way too small for that to happen, according to CBS Denver.

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 15-2-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10
Well I see a 3.2 on USGS in Central Cali...below is what I found regarding Mammoth:

Mammoth Mountain, a lava-dome complex, lies on the southwest topographic rim of Long Valley Caldera. The 3,369-m (11,053 ft) high volcano lies west of the structural rim of the caldera and is considered to represent a magmatic system distinct from Long Valley Caldera and the Mono-Inyo Craters. Eruptions at Mammoth Mountain occurred from 100,000 ot 50,000 years ago. Mammoth Mountain is surrounded by at least 35 mafic vents that are part of the same magmatic system and include Red Cones, two closely spaced basaltic cinder cones located southwest of Mammoth Mountain and southeast of Devils Postpile National Monument. The cones, whose name derives from colorful mantling scoria deposits, are unglaciated and were radiocarbon dated at about 8,000 years ago. Phreatic eruptions, distinct from those at South Inyo Craters, took place about 700 years ago from vents on the north side of Mammoth Mountain. Recent volcanic unrest, including seismicity, gas emission, and tree kill, is thought to be related to a dike intrusion beneath Mammoth Mountain in 1989. Both Long Valley Caldera and Mammoth Mountain have experienced episodes of heightened unrest over the last few decades (earthquakes, ground uplift, and/or volcanic gas emissions). As a result, the USGS manages a dense array of field sensors providing the real-time data needed to track unrest and assess hazards.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's the last Trumpets, you humans are doomed.

K~

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sound like this?
Strange booming sounds in Central California 2012

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here is an explanation. Its the sound of the US Army blowing up old munition at the Hawthorne Army Depot in western Nevada. They claim the noise is bouncing off the atmosphere causing the booms to be heard on the other side of the Sierras.

Mysterious 'Boom' Explained

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Here is an explanation. Its the sound of the US Army blowing up old munition at the Hawthorne Army Depot in western Nevada. They claim the noise is bouncing off the atmosphere causing the booms to be heard on the other side of the Sierras.

Mysterious 'Boom' Explained

Look up loud booms hear central ca. Many locations and different explanations some investigated by scientist and no real answers. Why have people not heard these things before if they are from military bases? Could be but seems to not really make sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It’s the military bases in Bridgeport, California and western Nevada. We’ve known this for a long time here in Sonora.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Secret space planes coming in for a landing?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Sound like this?
Strange booming sounds in Central California 2012

That, to me, appears to be the boom accompanying lightning discharges occurring within the clouds.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Last night around 7pm in Phoenix I heard an rumbling sound that sounded like a combination of thunder and a large jet above the clouds. It just lasted longer than usual. My wife thought it was odd also.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I’m down in Coachella Valley, and I thought I was simply going crazy last night when I thought I felt and heard things very similar to what’s being described... It would come and go randomly, between the hours of 7 and 9 PM. Granted, I’m just visiting family in the area, and I’m always talking and thinking about how insane it is that people live so close to the San Andreas; so, I can psych myself out sometimes! What I experienced last night seemed to be quite a bit more legitimate than a few ‘power of suggestion’ moments... Weird.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys everyone.
It seems the go to explanation in ordinance destruction at the Hawthorne depot.

I am not buying it.
SeaWorthy
on the vid, thank you, I can now say I have heard the booms in real life.
About 15-20 years ago a buddy and I were camped in the high country(7500?) below Shuteye peak, in Madera Co. and late one evening there was a series of sharp booms/bangs.
You could feel it in the granite itself, and it sounded as though whole sections of the cliffs above us had fallen and shattered.
The sound in the vid has the same "quality" to it, but heard from farther away.
From the top of the peak Mammoth Mtn is only about 20 miles away. Me and my mtb friends used to joke about how Shuteye pk. was a good place to be if it ever blew its top again.
So, that night, when the rumbling started, we both instinctively looked in the direction of Mammoth expecting to see the glow of impending doom.

Good thing it didnt happen.

Seriously though, I know the terrain between the reports and Hawthorne intimately. I have ridden my dirt bike to hawthorne and back from mammoth lakes multiple times.
I have been up and over the mtn that hawthorne sits on the other side of as well as the two other rather substantial mountain ranges that lay between Hawthorne and Mariposa, 140 something miles of mountains between those places.
Echoes of ordinance is not very convincing.

edit on p0000002k22252018Fri, 16 Feb 2018 00:22:27 -0600k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Echoes from the future.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm in Eastern Poland and there has been now about three years similar, but I feel longer sounds. More on summertime, or may be one can't just hear them so well in winter, when we are inside houses most of the time. The sounds come almost every months at least some hours, while other times you hear them almost every day of the month.

Nobody seems to know where they come and I never see lightning with them, except of course if there is real thunder storm which seldom happens. Our other dog used to hide every time while hearing the sound, some days it was very hard to get him to come to eat even. Now the dog has died, but sounds continue. The other dog doesn't care. Sometimes windows rattle, or walls creak.

The only explanation I can imagine is that the earth is expanding and causing somehow these sounds. The other possibility might be some underground secret bases with military exercising something, but hard to believe and no any evidence.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've read suggestions that the booms might in some way be related to the weird ice meteor falls that also seem to be happening more frequently.

Maybe the Earth is passing through a bit more turbulent area of space lately.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join