It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Where are the stars?" Apollo Mission - No stars visible from mood - proof of geocentric model?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I've heard some explanations of why the astronauts couldn't see the stars from the moon, and I don't think any of them are credible. One thing I have never heard is the suggestion of a geocentric universe (earth being the center). Think about it, if every star in the galaxy/universe projected as a ray/radius from the earth and the light was only visible from the Earth (like uni-directional laser light) then there would be no light (from stars) visible from the moon.

I'm not interested about people proclaiming data form other satellite or "probes" in the solar system. If you want to post, explain what you think about the star issue and possible options as to the cause.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I'm not interested about people proclaiming data form other satellite or "probes" in the solar system.

What is the point of asking the question if you've already banned evidence from the replies?

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Because this poster wants Troof not Truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
stars are visible to the naked eye from earth, but not 24/7

maybe the time the appolo astronauts were simply on the moon at a time where the sun's light and Earth's lack of shadow prevented them from seeing the stars.

but ignorance aside, i am curious to why stars (besides our very own) are almost never seen in spacewalk shots or any videos from outer space.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I think it is too bright when the earth reflects its light but when on the dark side you can see stars here.

edit on 13-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Just do a little homework before coming here and making yourself look a little silly.

Click Me

First link on google.

P

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The cameras on the Apollo missions were set to take photos on the moon not the stars seeing you would have to take a long exposure to get any stars but here is one they took on Apollo 16 pointing at the earth with stars around it.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Light polution

The same reason most of the time you have to go out of the city to see stars.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

oh FFS - not this < cencored > again

ok - all the apllo missions landed in lunar daylight - which meany - just like terrestrial daylight no stars were observable

if you bother to read the ALSJ - you will get the details of all the experiments they did that did allow starsd to be imaged and seen

further - they used a celestial sextant during the translunar flights

as for the claims of geocentricism - that dead horse has been beaten so many times - its now uncertain which is the " geocentric dead horse " in the feild of other dead horses

after a certain beating - they all look the same

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is the 21st Century. You no longer have to fear being burned at the stake or having to drink hemlock tea by the Church for believing that the Earth revolves around the Sun and we dont live on a flat Earth

Lose the fear and rejoice

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Hold on is this a flat earth thread in disguise?.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I'm not interested about people proclaiming data form other satellite or "probes" in the solar system.

What is the point of asking the question if you've already banned evidence from the replies?

Because posting stuff about probes or whatever has nothing to do with being on the moon, they hadn't even been invented by then and there is a lot of reasons, that would lead away from the point of discussion. I don't want to run around researching space probes that are a red herring.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

ok - in this geocentric fantasy of yours - is the earth a spheroid , or a flat plane ?

the answer will determine wether i treat you with :

basic contempt or advanced contempt

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

you know how stupid your OP sounds right?

there are no stars visible in shots from the moon for the same reasons there aren't any stars visible from the surface of the earth during daytime. for the answer why don't you just Google it. and don't whinge and complain about how that can't be right simply because you don't believe it. news flash the universe doesn't give a flying toot what you wanna believe. science is science.

tired of this stupid crap.

also who the he'll gave the OP two stars for that drivel
edit on 13-2-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Just do a little homework before coming here and making yourself look a little silly.

Click Me

First link on google.

P

They've already said they don't think they believe that, and that they only want confirmation, not anything factual, which to them is again the obvious lies we're told.

We're the centre of the universe, well, there is no universe, just a dome, that god painted all those dots on to make us happy.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

ok - in this geocentric fantasy of yours - is the earth a spheroid , or a flat plane ?

the answer will determine wether i treat you with :

basic contempt or advanced contempt

I want to see advanced for 5 Alex.. !

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Flat Earth Party?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Didn't we have this last week?? Strange.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Because posting stuff about probes or whatever has nothing to do with being on the moon, they hadn't even been invented by then and there is a lot of reasons, that would lead away from the point of discussion. I don't want to run around researching space probes that are a red herring.

There had been several probes launched to the moon prior to the American manned moon landing. Several dozen between the USSR and the United States. Some successful, many were failures. Going to space is hard. Maybe you've heard?

You come here armed with nothing while peddling pre-Copernican models for(not just the solar system)the universe, and expect to be taken seriously,

Are you 12? The hell is going on here?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Because posting stuff about probes or whatever has nothing to do with being on the moon, they hadn't even been invented by then and there is a lot of reasons, that would lead away from the point of discussion.

So we went to the moon before we sent satellites and probes up in space?

Is that what you just said?

If you want to post, explain what you think about the star issue and possible options as to the cause.

get ready for it, its going to be really complex and hard to follow unless you are a genius

It was daytime, hence why no stares were seen.

I know, I know.... Mind Blown huh?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join