It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros, the man who 'broke the Bank of England', backing secret plot to thwart Brexit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Sorry for my knee jerk reaction then, I honestly thought you knew about Soros and were playing a certain game.

Sorry odzeandennz, I am incredibly judgemental and respect your respectful reply.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Soros did not cause the 92 recession. He , along with a lot of other speculators, made a lot of money by effectively betting against the UK fundamentally unsound economic policy.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

George Soros's Quantum Fund led a field of speculators who borrowed UK gilts only to sell them and buy them back later at cheaper prices. They repeated the trick every few minutes, making a profit each time. Soros said later he had made £1bn from selling sterling he didn't own.

Knowing Britain had a paucity of foreign currency reserves to sell, speculators such as Soros confidently moved in for the kill.

The radio news bulletins that afternoon quoted traders using words such as "slaughter" and "disaster" to describe the situation.

I can't help feeling he forced Major into impossible decisions within tiny time frames.

I hate using The GUardian as a source.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
All those people who pretended to be "for democracy" like that Gina Miller cow just happen to be in this group and after all the hype about Russians interfering with elections, everyone is suddenly ok with a foreign national throwing 400 million quid at this group to try and subvert a democratic mandate to leave the EU?

You can sure see the big black hole in the lie of democracy at times like this.

Screw the slave masters and their frightened little minions who need to be owned. They can all die and leave the world to those who are worthy of living in it as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The UK has run out of options to maintain the value of sterling. Soros didn't cause that, he just made a lot of money out of the inevitable.

It was high interest rates trying to maintain the currency value that caused the recession.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The defenders of democracy are the ones calling someone they disagree with a cow and opposing a referendum?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Great to see more calling out this garbage (Soros).

He's a currency wrecking traitor. He slowly leaks into other countries, and occupies them until they throw him out. He's a rat. He'll crawl under a rock in whatever host-nation he latches onto, and slowly suckles money out of it while causing severe repercussions to said viral-host-nation's economy/people.

Just ask the government of Hungary, where he's actually supposed to be. He's considered a subversive traitor in Hungary. We should follow their lead.

We should've never let him in to begin with. But since he's not an American, rectifying that mistake should be relatively easy. We need to utilize the existing subversive alien law, which allows immediate removal of problematic hostile entities like Soros.

Deport him. To an island, or the center of the ocean, or the door of an aircraft @ 30,000/ft. or just send him back to whatever country he came from. Doesn't matter. Just as long as he isn't in this country
Either that, or the private Federal Reserve bank could prohibit Soros from possessing any of their property (including federal reserve notes) and charge him with a crime every time he's caught even looking at our money with his beady, greedy eyes.

Hopefully the President's of Hungary and Hungary's Secret Services have luck with Soros investigation. I'm sure Trump would have no problem extraditing Soros to Hungary.

Maybe while we're at it, a US special forces rescue mission to secure Julian Assange? The police-state/totally subverted Brits wouldn't dare stand in our way. And if they tried, we'll I don't suspect they'd be "heavy lifting" more like swatting a fly.
edit on 2/8/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I made my one liner on Soros already here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He will be dead soon enough so wont be able to reek any more havock!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
George Soros's money is seemingly funding antifa, open borders/increased migration into both the EU and North America, anti Brexit action and - interestly - he is the big money behind the transgender movement. What do all of these topics have in common? The only thing I can think of is that he is attempting to socially engineer the West in a way that nobody has ever done in history. He's deliberately breaking apart social cohesion, and seems intent on punishing those who resist. What is his endgame?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Foxnews is reporting it now as well. How in the world is this not subversion?! Or collusion(hee-hee). Seriously though, those people are blatantly trying to subvert a democratically voted event. Who is this Lord Mark Malloch-Brown traitor for Best for Britain? This is guy fawkes level subversion. grrrrrrrrrr

Jezus, militarized voting anyone?
bestforbritain.org...
edit on 8-2-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: paraphi
Is there any evidence that a second referendum would return a different result? I ask because polls seem to indicate that the result would be the same, helped by a belligerent EU it seems.

I kind of agree but I fear that the populace is so easily led that a clever campaign paid for by Soros would influence their decisions - a bit like the Democrats claim Russia did to America during their election!!!!!!

Sorry for hijacking a thread with three replies in a row, bad manners, people replied whilst I was typing my first reply.

They had the official information on the news last night, on how much each region of the UK would lose or gain by Brexit. They were saying the North-East would lose 16% of revenue and other areas 11% of revenue, all due to loss of trade with Europe.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Doesn't that figure Soros would be involved.
Let's see, before England joined the EU London was a majority native city.
Since then London is now majority non-native.
I think most British will admit to having enough change to last for a few decades.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Is there any evidence that a second referendum would return a different result? I ask because polls seem to indicate that the result would be the same, helped by a belligerent EU it seems.

I kind of agree but I fear that the populace is so easily led that a clever campaign paid for by Soros would influence their decisions - a bit like the Democrats claim Russia did to America during their election!!!!!!

Sorry for hijacking a thread with three replies in a row, bad manners, people replied whilst I was typing my first reply.

Yes, propaganda. Just like all the predictions made before the vote.

It's BS to make YOU vote to remain. To make YOU want to remain in the EU.

Currently I have to pay a 73.7% levy if I buy steel from China. This means if a job is around 20t I can still make money buying Chinese steel. Any lighter and I can't. Once we leave the EU UK engineering will sky rocket due to the 73.7% levy disappearing. More jobs, more work. Before anyone says it, the propaganda about Chinese steel being poor quality is propaganda.

They had the official information on the news last night, on how much each region of the UK would lose or gain by Brexit. They were saying the North-East would lose 16% of revenue and other areas 11% of revenue, all due to loss of trade with Europe.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Doesn't that figure Soros would be involved.
Let's see, before England joined the EU London was a majority native city.
Since then London is now majority non-native.
I think most British will admit to having enough change to last for a few decades.

Out of interest do you have a source for London being majority non-native? I have 2011 census data which indicates different, however that is 7 years old. Would be interesting to study the demographics.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

That is scaremongering on an extreme scale and BS! People need to understand that the majority of trade will be BAU because EU companies are not going to change their reliable and quality supply chains because of half wit inadequate politicians because it would be corporate suicide. And likewise for services. If the EU hurts the UK they hurt themselves more. Take BMW as an example, the uk could f.ck BMW. So much will be BUA regardless of what the REMAINER BS! Also our GBP could well grow due to growth in trade with the rest of the world. The future is much rosier than the BS'er are predicting! I for one am not falling for the con!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join