It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a diet low in Asparagine prevent cancer metastasis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So whilst the initial studies are only on mice, there does seem to be a strong correlation linking slow tumor metastasis and diets that are low in asparatgne.

Of course, early days yet and the standard medical response is to eat a varied and healthy diet, however, wasn't there (a long time ago) some suggestion here on ATS that some diets low in proteins (generally, rather than specifically tied to asparagine) could be linked to a healthier overall outcome post-cancer diagnosis?

And so:

BBC Health Pages

There is mounting evidence the food on your plate can alter cancer's growth and spread, say Cambridge scientists.

Animal research, published in the journal Nature, showed breast tumours struggled without the dietary nutrient asparagine.

It is found in the foodies' favourite asparagus, as well as poultry, seafood and many other foods.

In the future, scientists hope to take advantage of cancer's "culinary addictions" to improve treatment.

Asparagine is an amino acid - a building block of protein - and takes its name from asparagus.

Too late for my Dad (by 21 years) but I'd hope to see some accelerated development in this area - lots of exciting anti-cancer research now - twin-drug therapies, Gardasil and Cervarix the first cervical cancer vaccines, what else?

edit on 7-2-2018 by hangerhead because: silly typo in title

edit on Wed Feb 7 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have done a lot of research on asparagaines. It is one of the food chemistries I use in rotation to control my epilepsy. It is a doping chemistry, necessary for civility in society in moderation. Overconsumption can lead to diseases, so can overconsumption of some of the other chemistries that dope us. Browning asparagines forms acrylamides, but we have the enzymes to break down both moderate asparagaine and acrylamide chemistry. Some of us make more of this enzyme, some of us make less. Aspartame is a sort of synthetic form related to asparagine, it is not recognized correctly by many people's bodies livers correctly.

Keep consumption moderate, you won't have to worry about it too much. Of course some people who have reduced metabolic pathways to detox it can have more problems. They were pushing asparagine chemistry to clam people and too much can lead to many diseases, not enough can lead to civil unrest. Who was pushing it? Government controled health agencies and social programs.

I eat more of this chemistry than I used to and do have some problems, but way less negative effects getting it naturally than in the antiepileptic drug chemistry I took for five years. I like the benzo properties of potatoes the best but do have problems with that if I eat too much. Asparagine chemistry contains the NH2 chemistry. Too much of that can cause problems in our body. Too much sulfur chemistry can cause just as much of a problem, different but just as disruptive.

In foods, in moderation, it is probably not a problem. I kind of do over the limit to control my temporal lobe epilepsy, I could have problems someday. It is better for me to get sick eating than to take those anti-epileptic meds, at least I can think better. If a person boosts their molybdenum consumption it does help to detox the asparagines better, just have oatmeal for breakfast more often. Eat some celery or parsley, the apigenen and leutinen in it help with tumor growth and of course, if you eat soup made with beef soup bones, it also helps shrink tumors.

Companion foods are important, you need to eat adequate amounts of collegan from joints if you eat meat and the buterate from butter is capable of helping with asparagus to keep it from causing tumorogenesis. Butter and fat cells are made from elastin and collagen which also helps. Just make sure your meat is raised naturally, the hormones actually get stuck in collagen, collagen is high in the tender rib steak meat too, reserves for the replacement and wear of cartilage in the spine needs to be close by.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hi - actually, I was diagnosed with MS about 6 years ago and now avoid all dairy, as well as boosting my Vitamin D3 to around 8,000/day.
I also eat a little less red meat than I used to but I don't go short.

I'd love to see one day, a complete tailored diet, cognisant of all mood-modifiable, health-determining aspects, taken into account.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hangerhead

Another line of research is anti angiogenic properties of certain foods to starve the blood vessels keeping cancers alive.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I avoid anything with these chemical sugars if possible.
That's not as easy as it sounds.
Packages with no sugar added sound like winners but they are the ones with fake sugar.

I have no proof but I still believe the chemicals we put in our food is causing cancers and obeisity. All for appearance and preservatives.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This isn’t concerning the chemical you mentioned, but after watching my mother slowly die I think I learned something that everyone dealing with cancer should know..

The doctors will almost never tell you when you should give up on medicines and procedures that screw up quality of life.

Depending on what kind of cancer and where it is, once it has spread internally (moms was skin cancer). There will come a point where there is a surgery that if it works COULD give you 10 more years, but if it doesn’t WILL ruin the last couple years you have.

I DO NOT THINK DOCTORS ARE HONEST ABOUT THIS...

I think from the dr.’s pov any chance is worth taking.. not to mention makes them more money..

To elaborate some..

My mother had melonoma. It started as a malignant mole . So they cut it off..

Then the mole case back. So they cut it off again..

Then it moved to the lymphnobes. So they cut them out..

Then it moved to her liver.. so they decided to do a big deal surgery to remove them.

At this point she had 2 possibilities...

1) they might be able to burn off up to 5 spots of cancer..

2) if the tumors were isolated to half the liver they could remove the bad half..

3) if there were more than 5 rumors and they were in both sides of the liver. They could do nothing but sew her back up.

Well #3 happened.. so they just had to sew her back up..

After the surgey failed it was all down hill.

They say that once cancer is exposed to air during a failed surgery the cancer explodes.. however I personally think it is that the body cannot heal the damage from the surgery AND fight the cancer..

So the body focuses on the immediate threat of the surgery damage and allows the cancer to go crazy..

I suspect that the final surgery was a really long shot off the muscle..

I bet my mother traded 2 years of “normal life” for only a 15-20% sucessrate and Instead only got 8 months of horribleness..

I don’t think the DR. Communicated that choice well..

I think he just kept providing other options, when she should have just enjoyed the time she had left..

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangerhead

Hi - actually, I was diagnosed with MS about 6 years ago and now avoid all dairy, as well as boosting my Vitamin D3 to around 8,000/day.
I also eat a little less red meat than I used to but I don't go short.

I'd love to see one day, a complete tailored diet, cognisant of all mood-modifiable, health-determining aspects, taken into account.

Here is something you may be interested in. To make our own taurine, we do need a properly supplied sulfite oxidase enzyme, which means we need molybdenum in foods and also properly functioning sulfur pathways. We also need adequate manganese and magnesium. Then food containing copper helps too. the copper for inflammation along with salcicilicate from veggies like cucumbers. Meat and milk do contain taurine, but taurine degrades over a certain temperature with heat. medicalxpress.com...

Sulfite oxidase us necessary to utilize taurine too. a manganese enzyme is also necessary. Vitamin B6 can also help, it is needed in the process somewhere. Taurine is classified as an amino acid, but it is basically a neurotransmitter like acetylcholine. Taurine is only found in animal foods, for humans it is a conditionally necessary amino acid, but if you are deficient in magnesium and do not produce enough of a few sulfur enzymes you cannot make enough.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You always seem quite knowledgable in these things so was wondering do you have a list of "super foods" that you consider essential to possibly avoiding cancer? I've read sooooo many conflicting reports and studies etc I get confused.

A long time ago now someone posted about liposomal vitamin C being an outright cancer killer. Can't find the thread now though but it involved a sonic jewellery cleaner I believe and very high doses of vitamin c, as apparently just taking vit c in tablet form most gets destroyed in the gut. You know anything about this?

Also turmeric? Again just way too much conflicting information on the net to make an informed decision. Any experience of the value of turmeric?
Thank you

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

A long time ago now someone posted about liposomal vitamin C being an outright cancer killer. Can't find the thread now though but it involved a sonic jewellery cleaner I believe and very high doses of vitamin c, as apparently just taking vit c in tablet form most gets destroyed in the gut. You know anything about this?

Thank you

wow - i remember that thread also - the liposomal vit c was posted as something that could be nade at home using a sonic-cleaner as you mentioned.
i think there were pictures someone had posted... i think then that their method had been rubbished a bit but i don't remember the thread in more detail.

there was a suppply of liposomal vit C i was buyig(via amazon UK) but then i started reading a little how too much vit c ( and vitamin supplements in geneal, can me more problematic healthwise.
To be fair, i don't think my rate of colds and so on, either increased or decreased.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
After looking at the list of foods....it appears unavoidable.

Sad stories in this thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The problem here is your own body makes this and its an essential amino acid.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You always seem quite knowledgable in these things so was wondering do you have a list of "super foods" that you consider essential to possibly avoiding cancer? I've read sooooo many conflicting reports and studies etc I get confused.

Also turmeric? Again just way too much conflicting information on the net to make an informed decision. Any experience of the value of turmeric?
Thank you

With all I have read on this, I find that super foods only exist if they match your particular metabolism. They call avacado a super food, but it can cause a lot of negative in people who are not tolerant to the latex in it. I am not impressed with the avacado myself, it has way too many negative effects and it contains chemistry that can result into a birth control for men. I do not need the tail of my sperm disolved, I am already fixed.

A lot of this nutrition has to do with ancestral eating habits. Yes, we change a little each generation but not that much, epigenetic markers are transferred. a kid needs to taste lots of foods to form proper cravings, the parents supplying a kid with only what the kid likes or what they think the kid should have is not right, our subconscious can aid us in bad chemistry neutralization by stimulating cravings for certain chemistry. We may not consciously know we are neutralizing something, avoiding the neutralizing chemistry can cause problems in metabolism. I say neutralizing, but it can be companion chemistry, like peanut butter and jelly. Like butter on bread.

Vitamin C can cure cancer in some people, that appears to be true. But not in all people and not all types of cancer. It is a great adjuvant chemistry to be coupled with other anticancer chemistry. Apigen containing foods are antitumor and anti-fibroid most times, they are found in parsley family foods. Also some other types of foods contain similar chemistries that work somewhat.

A strawberry is antiviral and anticancer too. A different way again, different types of cancer it treats. Strawberries may be antiviral but they steer our imune systems away from bacteria control, you should consume some antibacterial chemistry that day. Onions and garlic work well, they have antiviral activity too. Eat foods to control diseases when needed, when the craving is there or when the threat is higher. You do not need medicinal chicken soup all the time, a weaker, less medicinal form is good for food,

Turmeric, in a small amount, can actually keep people from reacting to some foods. Turmeric is a medicine, a little in milk actually mellows out the milk for me. Turmeric is a form of sulfonamide chemistry, but is tolerated by many who are allergic to sulfa meds. Even taurine found in meat and milk has sulfonamide chemistry.

So by what I said in the last paragraph, I cannot say any food or diet is super for anyone, it all depends on the amounts of enzymes you make, your epigenetic traits or history of your ancestral diet, and environmental factors.

We need to pay attention to how we feel when we eat some things, and ask relatives who are healthy if they use companion foods when they eat their meals, often foods together can help to neutralize bad chemistry. If you eat something that is toxic to you but consume the antidote, it does not poison you. I am not talking about one dose poisoning, I am speaking of cronic low dose poisoning.

My wife went on a diet and she lost two hundred bucks. That is the cost of the copay from the tests, the supplements, and the blood tests to treat the potassium deficiency and vitamin d deficiency that resulted from the diet. She is now listening to me more, I told her she needed to eat more potato chips when she said she was really low, she quit eating potato chips on her diet.

(post by nofear39 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hmmm interesting indeed. What a shame we aren't all the same so far as food metabolism etc is concerned...would make eating correctly and what's best for the body so much easier! There is just so much contradictory information out there it makes it very difficult

I for one, can't eat garlic, goes straight through me lol, even though its considered the healing herb...it does bugger all for me and quite the opposite.

I shall be researching further into some of the things you mention. Thanks very much

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hmmm interesting indeed. What a shame we aren't all the same so far as food metabolism etc is concerned...would make eating correctly and what's best for the body so much easier! There is just so much contradictory information out there it makes it very difficult

I for one, can't eat garlic, goes straight through me lol, even though its considered the healing herb...it does bugger all for me and quite the opposite.

I shall be researching further into some of the things you mention. Thanks very much

I have to watch the garlic, I have had problems with bleeding most of my life if I eat a lot of onions and garlic. They thin my blood too much if I eat a lot of sulfur foods. So I eat them in moderation, I sprinkle garlic salt on some things but not on others. I make lots of soups and put a sliced, uncrushed garlic in the soup usually, one garlic lasts me about a month, I always have it around though.

I do have an onion and garlic sandwich on toast with miracle whip when I am feeling poorly, it seems to get me back up and running again. My father taught me that, I asked him how you know when to eat it....he said, you'll know. I have got the application timing pretty good now, I think of it when I need it and eat a sandwich. The funny thing is I cannot explain when I need to eat one, I sort of stare at the garlic and miracle whip when I see them and if I don't, I get sick. All kinds of sicknesses trigger the craving. I can just tell when I need to do that. Sounds strange, but it works. I cannot explain it any better than my father explained it to me and I have had over fifty years to contemplate it since he told me about it.

new topics

top topics

join