It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm worried to death....that rockets do not leave exhaust trails anymore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

its not clear but there is a distinct brown trail on apollo launches, cant be avoided burning fossil fuels

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: 772STiyep

I checked an Apollo video....not much trail like the solid boosters of the shuttles so...yes

ok thank ya bunch....no I wasn't obsessing just entertaining with a thread...some are wound up too tight I gather

you guys keep your outlook lite...God is good all the time

so, you aren't worried to death anymore? I sure am glad that was averted. Could have been really catastrophic.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You guys are great individuals This morning I had to get to the bottom of this...hehe

What sparked it was a video from locals showing a sharp flame three wide goin up so isolated...smoke free launch on their vid device

clear sharpness even as it went through that first broken scud cloud level then the strat at two levels it looked like a light fixture....moving on out

edit on 7-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

i get a free ride in tiy aircraft now

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I soloed in a piper tri-pacer.

Off topic, I know , but thanks for the memories.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
the video of the launch.....didn't seem to be trailin

I'm looking for latent heat of vaporization signs........LOX and kerosene burnin hot.....at some level goin up....maybe the 800 milibar range.....fancy talk for 8000 feet up AGL.....hehe......the 800 milibar chart shoulda had some condensation nucleii.....fancy talk for ability to form a contrail......Oh I had to take a breath there when I said that.....

800 millibars is not nearly 8000 feet. At ISA. it's much closer to 6300 feet. And charts don't have condensation nucleii.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join