It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FUTURE is NIGH... Pt 2 - Did AI Create the Blockchain (CryptoCurrency)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I’m going to have to strongly disagree with the premise of your OP.

There is really a variety of reasons why AI wouldn’t make sense, but I’ll give you two of the most compelling ones for me.

The first is that the idea of Bitcoin was largely the culmination of the original subculture of the internet, which was largely libertarian. Even the idea for the internet itself was based on loosely libertarian ideology, mainly the decentralization of a network for strategic military communication. Once in the public sector and exposed to the free market the earliest tech entrepreneurs all espoused a similar belief in freedom of information that was inherent to their corporate ideology. Bitcoin was conceived in succession to the internet as a way to decentralize currency, much like way the internet was conceived to decentralize information. Not to mention the fact that there are only a limited number of bitcoins that can even be created and once that total is reached there is no adding another couple million coins to the pot.

The second is that the blockchain system itself, while being nothing short of a brilliant and innovative mathematic application to the finance industry, is not totally inconceivable to man. Blockchain existed years before bitcoin, albeit in a different and more simplified form. Bitcoin was a way to take the decentralization that the internet already had that it was built on and to integrate it with a non physical/non tangible currency that ledgered every transaction via the blockchain.

So Satoshi Nakamoto had very culturally specific motivations behind the creation of bitcoin. I just don’t see it being possible that it was built by AI for that reason, but also because you wouldn’t need AI at all to create it.

All of this starts to make more sense if you’ve actually studied the emails from nakamoto to his handpicked public ambassador to bitcoin. Namely, the fact that all correspondence and communication from nakamoto stopped completely after his public bitcoin ambassador told him that he had accepted an invitation given to him by the CIA to come to Langley and give an exclusive presentation explaining how bitcoin worked. Why would an A.I. care about that? But even more puzzling, how could an A.I. be programmed to care about... anything? There is no single algorithm or combination of algorithms that exists complex enough to give A.I. the computational capacity to understand human idealism or the need to decentralize currency.

So yea, I’m gonna say no to the OP. In fact, if you had mentioned the name of the cryptocoin created by the Dr. in your OP I would probably accuse you of plugging the product for your own financial gain as the rest of your OP reads like a surreptitious pop up ad.

edit: I don’t mean to insult you with what I said at the very end of this post. I thought your idea was interesting, I’m just offering my thoughts based on what I know. I’m not going after you personally if that’s how it seems.

edit on 4/8/2019 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join