It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineers 3-D print shape-shifting smart gel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

Engineers have invented a '4-D printing' method for a smart gel that could lead to the development of 'living' structures in human organs and tissues, soft robots and targeted drug delivery.

The 4D printing approach here involves printing a 3D object with a hydrogel (water-containing gel) that changes shape over time when temperatures change,

The study, published online today in Scientific Reports, demonstrates fast, scalable, high-resolution 3D printing of hydrogels, which remain solid and retain their shape despite containing water.

The smart gel could provide structural rigidity in organs such as the lungs, and can contain small molecules like water or drugs to be transported in the body and released. It could also create a new area of soft robotics, and enable new applications in flexible sensors and actuators, biomedical devices and platforms or scaffolds for cells to grow

^^^^^thats super cool.

i wish i had a better grasp of all the # that is happening around me but im stupid do i dont.

drugs transported in the body and released? it seems so bizarre to me. imagine not having to take your meds. the meds will just be there.

we are seeing crazy stuff in just about all areas. especially medicine and robotics.

i often wonder what kind of world my daughter will be living in as she becomes an adult.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i often wonder what kind of world my daughter will be living in as she becomes an adult.

Like Libria, with built-in Prozium.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Yeah, I'm not sure I share your enthusiasm about that. At some point, humanity becomes too smart for our own good. We ain't good at handling the kind of power that we are developing.

:
edit on 2018 2 04 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thats awesome.

We will have synthetic symbiotes to regulate body functions and enhance our natural abilities.

Thats my bet.

EDIT TO ADD:
This post made my screen randomly crack before my eyes....?!

LoL

I pressed post, and my phone screen split in two... Either God is yelling at me, or its really cold outside.

Shucks....
edit on 2 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join