It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami uncovers Ancient City...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
From BBC News, here is a very interesting story about the tsunami. I found the myth of the area very interesting. Just an interesting find after an incredible tragedy.

The deadly tsunami could have uncovered the remains of an ancient port city off the coast in southern India.

Archaeologists say they have discovered some stone remains from the coast close to India's famous beachfront Mahabalipuram temple in Tamil Nadu state following the 26 December tsunami.

They believe that the "structures" could be the remains of an ancient and once-flourishing port city in the area housing the famous 1200-year-old rock-hewn temple.

Three pieces of remains, which include a granite lion, were found buried in the sand after the coastline receded in the area after the tsunami struck.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The myths of Mahabalipuram were first set down in writing by British traveller J Goldingham, who visited the South Indian coastal town in 1798, at which time it was known to sailors as the Seven Pagodas.

The myths speak of six temples submerged beneath the waves with the seventh temple still standing on the seashore.

The myths also state that a large city which once stood on the site was so beautiful the gods became jealous and sent a flood that swallowed it up entirely in a single day.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...
I also found this site. I found these articles to be very interesting, and what ZZZ said, the myth is also very intriguing. Being submerged and hidden by water event, being rediscovered and hopefully excavated after water event.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
fascinating find, i hope more excavation is done. Proof that myths sometimes can be true.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Intruiging. I hope more comes out of this. The people at the AsI should have their hands full for a while.

Isn't there some indian archaeologist who specializes in underwater archaeology? Thats a rather narrow field, he shoudl be busy also.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
give me a few days and ill find out some more facts for you and some history on this exciting find,i am involved with this company and over the past 10 years or more they have amassed a wealth of information on both myth and fact.....our ongoing programme of marine archiology exploration and discovery encompasses a vast array of scientists and explorers with their own unique fields of preference,im sure there will be something known about this?

WWW.corlettmaritima.com

check out our site, please note its about to be updated to include far more information on our in depth programmes for 2005 and 2006.

Regards.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What company? It says the finds were made by an indian research society.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What company? It says the finds were made by an indian research society.

www.corlettmaritima.com

sorry Nygdan my thread doesnt read right...this is the company i work for as a project organizer, iwasnt implying that we found the indian thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
hello, im new here. um, i just wanted to add some stuff ive heard about that could tie into the whole thing.
uh, ive heard over the past few months that there have been divers and archaeologists who have found some kind of waterway carvings on the ocean floor. but these carvings are far out like mear the island of malta and crap. but they just keep going, thats whats so odd about it. they just keep going and as of yet nobody has found where they lead to...

oh yeah, and i know a little witch who claims that they should be looking in the acific ocean rather than the indian or atlantic ocean. but i dunno, theres been so much other talk of other places... like this one statue near the bermuda triangle and stuff. i dunno, gives ya something to think about.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kancay
hello, im new here. um, i just wanted to add some stuff ive heard about that could tie into the whole thing.
uh, ive heard over the past few months that there have been divers and archaeologists who have found some kind of waterway carvings on the ocean floor. but these carvings are far out like mear the island of malta and crap. but they just keep going, thats whats so odd about it. they just keep going and as of yet nobody has found where they lead to...

oh yeah, and i know a little witch who claims that they should be looking in the acific ocean rather than the indian or atlantic ocean. but i dunno, theres been so much other talk of other places... like this one statue near the bermuda triangle and stuff. i dunno, gives ya something to think about.

you know a witch?

top topics

join