It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 12, Accused of Strangling 9-Year-Old Sister Over a Hamburger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What is going on with our children these days? I might start believing my mom and her theory that "it's" in the fast food.

Girl, 12, Accused of Strangling 9-Year-Old Sister Over a Hamburger

A 12-year-old girl has been charged with murder under juvenile law for allegedly killing her 9-year-old sister, apparently in a dispute over a hamburger.
A Family Court judge will determine if the girl should be tried as an adult, but no date has been set for that proceeding, said Kathryn Herman, assistant administrator for the St. Louis Family Court. A detention hearing is set for Wednesday.

The older girl reported finding her sister lifeless on the floor of their home near downtown Dec. 22.

Medical Examiner Michael Graham said Tuesday that the 9-year-old girl had minor injuries to her neck, but an autopsy did not initially determine the cause of death.

On Feb. 1, a social worker told police the 12-year-old was in a hospital psychiatric unit, suffering visions and nightmares, and had told the staff she strangled her sister during a quarrel over a hamburger, police told the Post-Dispatch.

Graham said those statements and the injuries led him to determine the cause of death was strangulation. "No other condition reasonably explains her death," he said.

Wonder if it is guilt or the paranormal that made her confess?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It was neither...It was the Hamburglar

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its crap like this that really makes me loose faith in people. That family can kill each other over a freakin piece of food just blows my mind. I mean what possible defense short of being a full-on nutter could possibly be used in the case?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You have to wonder how many times the 12 year old has watched a problem on TV get solved by someone being strangled.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Charges against the 12-year-old were filed Thursday, Herman said. She remained hospitalized but was expected to be moved to a juvenile center. If convicted as a juvenile, the maximum penalty would be confinement until her 21st birthday. ap.tbo.com...

Of course, after 11 years of institutionalization, she will be a model citizen when released.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Anthropologically speaking i think we are a lot closer to murderous predators than society likes to admit. We didn't get to the top of the food chain by rolling over for ever passing event.

Many individuals won't admit even the capacity for violence or acceptance of it. You eat the meat of murdered animals? I do from time to time. Our lives are founded on hidden violence. Whether you have ever seen a slaughter house its products are parts of our lives.

Eat veggies you say? Maybe a helpless vegetable has less capacity to defend itself and yet feels more pain when you rip it to shreads.

When a child commits a crime at this young an age, as far as i am concerned they are damaged goods. Sort of like tweaking the frame of an auto before it is out of the factory. It will never be worth anything. No moral judgement, just an assessment that society will most likely be better off without this person in it.

I also realize that from time to time we need people with capacity for great violence. War comes to mind. People who work in slaughterhouses. The most important thing in a society is that there should be an attempt to control violence. To make it a useful instead of mindlessly destructive thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
" whats going on with our kids today "?

For starters, this really makes me sick, but their innocents is being stripped from them, they are growing up too fast
from the stuff on tv and its really sad to see a kid taken of their innocents.

Also just plain out lack of parenting, parents don't teach them anything alot of the times.

very disturbing story.

new topics

top topics

join