It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approaching Time Travel In A Different Way

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

There's nothing "travel" about that, though. Observing specific events isn't the same thing as being physically present during the time period when those specific events happened.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

There's nothing "travel" about that, though. Observing specific events isn't the same thing as being physically present during the time period when those specific events happened.

Hello ES.
What if you could loosen your definition of "being physically present"?
Let past and future time periods, flow without any control nor posession.
Let go of the concept of "the time period when those specific events happened".

Let go of everything you think about time.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Then just call it something else like "time observation". But the term "time travel" is about traveling to a specific time period.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I bet the ones who make AI will be able to observe the past.

All it would take is a sensor that could read thoughts, which are electricity.

Then all you would need is giant server farms to store it in, and you could go back and sift through all thoughts, sounds, feelings, touches, smells, etc...

Otherwise I look at time as a measurement using tempo. 1 one-thousand, 2 one-thousand, 3
cool topic

I bet people don't think of that aspect of learning AI. The ability to experiment on our brains as an observer, and who gets that knowledge.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
A physical machine will never be able to manipulate time because time is entirely a product of the conscious mind which is not physical but immaterial. Using brainwaves is much more plausible than a machine but I'm not so sure even that's possible.

I think life itself is an anti-thesis to physical reality it defies all logical explanation. I also think that our DNA carries far more information that we realize, could be like code to access past memories of the chain from our ancestors.

So maybe you could somehow figure out this code and 'travel' back in a sort of dream state to your ancestors lives, generations upon generations.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

What a hell. There is only present that turns into past as particles change their relative positions. How are you going to access a previous state of the universe? whee is it stored? How large would be that storage? A gazillion times bigger than the universe is now?

Science fiction can be very interesting but its exactly what it is, fiction.

You may think that there is some residual energy or whatever you want to call it that was left from past universe states, that residual energy if we find it one day is not the past it´s the present, its possibly a slow decaying residue from a previous state, nothing more than that.

Maybe residues from the past are still available on dimensions we couldn´t tap into yet, maybe its easier to decode residues from a recent past than from a distant past. Maybe that hypothetical untapped dimension is a mess with undistinguishable images or streams of energy or something and maybe we are able to detect it already, just can´t extract anything recognisable from it.

But going to the past or seeing the future, forget it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Maybe through hypnotherapy?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

time is real to us, but if you believe the religions then God is omnipresent, in all times, places. all of creation is laid out before him, past present, future, he has access to it.
and it's possible that other creations also have that gift... ie... angels...
so, let's consider those great religious events in history the promises and prophecies that seem to be placed as benchmarks ages ago. like the birth and crucifixion of christ, or the anitchrist, armegeddon, the return of christ.
we have generations before christ's birth embracing a promise, believing in the promise, praying for the promise, putting their faith in a promise... all this thought, which is a form of energy, directed at a particular even in the timeline. then after his crucifixion, we have the same thing, the promise might be a tad bit different, but the faith is still there with a far larger number of believers directing their belief to that point in history, as well as setting up the next bench mark... his return. could the thoughts, that energy being directed at that one particular person, at that particular time have played a part in his ability to do the miracles he did?? to effect the great changes that he did?
who placed the benchmarks, god, beings far more advanced than us, aliens?? maybe even future versions of mankind who have developed a better understanding of these things who just don't like how their past has built their world and are willing to risk everything in an attempt to change it for the better. I'm one of the ones who remembers mandella dying in prison... was really quite surprised when I read he was released from prision.... could somebody, something have wanted to see if the outcome of this grand experiment was an improvement if mandella had lived out his life?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I've read some experiences of people and a certain sage plant that strongly suggests what you're saying may be possible. I read one where someone experienced 60 years as a fleck of paint on a wall in a house watching several generations live in the house and another where someone was being tortured in a desert in the past somewhere. These are the two I remember clearly reading about but there was more and many of them were people experiencing sometimes entire lives in the span of 10 minutes.

I would love to try that in a place like Chaco Canyon or Skin Walker Ranch.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: dug88
I've read some experiences of people and a certain sage plant that strongly suggests what you're saying may be possible. I read one where someone experienced 60 years as a fleck of paint on a wall in a house watching several generations live in the house and another where someone was being tortured in a desert in the past somewhere. These are the two I remember clearly reading about but there was more and many of them were people experiencing sometimes entire lives in the span of 10 minutes.

I would love to try that in a place like Chaco Canyon or Skin Walker Ranch.

I can't really say much here i don't think. But it's not very fun, it's actually pretty unsettling and it really helped anchor my beliefs that the around us is not real or that the reality we perceive is only a very small sliver of the true reality. It's also opened my mind a lot more towards some of the crazier stuff I've read on ats over the years. Every time it's felt like something is there watching me with the same kind of amusement a person would if an ant suddenly looked up and realized the human was there. Like for a brief instance I went somewhere and seen seen something I wasn't supposed to be able to and the things there found it kind of funny.

I'm not the only person I know that's felt like that.
And as far as I know the south american shamans used to use it to get advice from the great mother and advice from their ancestors or something like that.
edit on 2/2/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

On 28 June 2009, as a tongue-in-cheek test of his 1992 conjecture that travel into the past is effectively impossible, Hawking held a party open to all, complete with hors d'oeuvres and iced champagne, but only publicised the party after it was over so that only time-travellers would know to attend; as expected, nobody showed up to the party.

Link

Maybe time travelers find Mr Hawking not much of a party host.
edit on 2/2/2018 by roadgravel because: link

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Brainwaves? Waves don't exist, only particles exist!

Everyone knows a "wave" is just a bunch of water particles acting out an imaginary wave shape.

Only matter is real, how can waves be real?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So if a ship is knocked over by a wave and sinks, it's not actually happening.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Didn't think about that. Definitely not a good idea. Would be kind of awkward watching a historical figure in the middle of a private matter.

All in the name of science. Right?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

Thank you for explaining. Science isn't exactly a strength of mine. But you get the gist

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

What a hell. There is only present that turns into past as particles change their relative positions. How are you going to access a previous state of the universe? whee is it stored? How large would be that storage? A gazillion times bigger than the universe is now?

Science fiction can be very interesting but its exactly what it is, fiction.

You may think that there is some residual energy or whatever you want to call it that was left from past universe states, that residual energy if we find it one day is not the past it´s the present, its possibly a slow decaying residue from a previous state, nothing more than that.

Maybe residues from the past are still available on dimensions we couldn´t tap into yet, maybe its easier to decode residues from a recent past than from a distant past. Maybe that hypothetical untapped dimension is a mess with undistinguishable images or streams of energy or something and maybe we are able to detect it already, just can´t extract anything recognisable from it.

But going to the past or seeing the future, forget it.

It's funny you say that. I was just watching a few videos about haunted locations. A speaker suggested that the phenomenon they were encountering could be no more than an impression of a past event - particularly of the energies. Which is how some people supposedly can read an object's history.

Maybe it does come down to matter that rearranges itself. These impressions are decaying matter. And if so, what if we could learn to manipulate and decode these things?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join