It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baked marrow bones??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
what do you guy and gals think about these?

so today at work some dude was talking about how he goes to the meat market and buys marrow bones and has them slice them longways and he roasts them and then scoops the marrow out. he says he has this as a meal quite a lot and it is like meat jelly.

now the way he described this does not sound attractive to me at all.

let me say if i make greens or a 15 bean soup with a hock or marrow bone i will clean that bitch off. marrow is gone for sure.

but the idea of just having a big platter of bones and scooping out the meat jelly just sounds strange.

i was basically making fun of him for the rest of the day but i looked it up and it kind of seems legit.

have you done this?
will you do this?

Agustus..... Fat Furry Man..... waiting on you

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I would definitely eat that. I sometimes scrape out chicken bones when I'm really hungry lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You ain't even gotta cook it.

Nom nom nom

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sure, I've taken marrow out of bones before.

It's not bad at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's not bad at all.

Also extremely good for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's not bad at all.

me too.

something just seemed off about baking up a whole try just to scrape out the marrow.
like i said when you have that left over marrow bone from the greens or whatever... hell yeah you clean it out. tastes great.

a whole platter of bones roasted up though....

still not so sure

some things are great in small amounts.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I ate it as well just lots of work .
back when I had my teeth I ate the cartilage off the chicken bone ends as well .
I love eating the kidneys in chicken ( the legs quarter were the hip bone its in a little nook )
chicken liver deer liver ( cant stand cow liver )
lungs Heck ill try most anything once .
But my limits are monkey or monkey brains () India )
or roasted spider ( mexico )
and I dont care if the dude who makes Puffer fish went to law school No way I am eating that lol .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'd try it if it was offered to me or at a potluck.

I'm with you that it's not attractive to me as something I'd keep around the house

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I'd try it if it was offered to me or at a potluck.

I'm with you that it's not attractive to me as something I'd keep around the house

thats where i am at.
will try most things but does not mean i will buy and prepare a platter of them

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This guy is just making a simple crostini with his. Like he says, go to the right restaurant and you can find it on the appetizer menu for a lot of money, but find the right butcher and you can make it pretty cheaply for yourself.

We have one local butcher that sells bone marrow butter already prepped and ready to go, but at the other butcher, I am pretty sure if I told them what I wanted, they'd happily get me some marrow bones split out like this no problem. They've sold me beef knuckle and vertebrae cut up to use as soup bones before and I've gotten ground suet for Christmas pudding, so split marrow bones should be no biggie.
edit on 31-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We've got a new "experience" type restaurant that has them on the menu!

A group of us show up, order several different appetizers, nice (i.e., expensive) red wines, and eat crab stuffed mushroom, cow marrow, brie en croute, and duck fried fingerling potatoes!

We do this about every other month! It usually comes with toast points and you spread it on like jam!

It is good to splurge every now then! A good reminder of the Top Ramen days!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There is a Korean Dish called Kalbi, which are basically marinated then bbq'd ribs.
The bone marrow in that dish is like nectar of the Gods. It is seriously the most delicious thing you could ever taste, even beats bacon. Very few people have tasted it, (probably would look weird sucking one down in a restaurant) but once you tried it have trust me you'll never look at marrow the same way.

Try some and report back!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

cool.
next time i am in Uijeongbu i wil

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I love marrow. Its fat. Pure fat.

I wont eat cured meat marrow like ham. But i buy beef neck for the marrow.

Offal isnt awful

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Jesus....that picture has me dying.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Marrow bones used to be crazy cheap at butcher shops but now since they have become fasionable they are cheap no longer.

5 bucks for one at my shop. They used to cost just pennies.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I eat the marrow out of soup bones when I make soup. I actually get the bones from my half cow, grass fed organic, and make bone broth out of the marrow bones. It takes many hours to boil the bones, it tastes really good after about sixteen hours on the stove. I don't bake them beforehand like many people do.

Homemade bone broth, it contains the marrow in it, is really tasty. I use the bone grease that floats to the top to fry the onions in for the french onion soup. Ohhh. does that taste great with homemade toasted bread in it and a slice of provolone melted and slightly browned under the broiler.

I remember many years ago when you could get great onion soup like that in some restaurants, they boiled the bones for a real long time to make the broth for their soup bases. Now they seem to just open a can of beef broth made with chemicals and a tiny bit of beef flavoring in it to make their soups.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Marrow bones used to be crazy cheap at butcher shops but now since they have become fasionable they are cheap no longer.

5 bucks for one at my shop. They used to cost just pennies.

Our butcher used to give them away for dogs to chew on.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Tasty but gritty.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Like ketchup or mustard. You don't want a sandwich of it.

<<   2 >>

join