It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it "My Pet Goat" or "The Pet Goat"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Me too man.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It's not necessarily divergent universes... it could be, for instance, a field test of "brainwashing" technology where they implant false memories in a sector of society and then monitor the internet for poor, deranged souls.

Aside from the more likely hurried, poor reporting and/or bad memory, that is.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The Sept. 11 terrorist attacks dominated the past decade in publishing, spurring thousands of journalists, historians, theologians, sociologists and novelists to write books. But, weirdly, the very first publication lifted to prominence by 9/11 was a children’s story called “The Pet Goat.”

That was the short tale President George W. Bush was reading with students at an elementary school in Sarasota, Fla., when planes struck the twin towers in New York. The title, misquoted as “My Pet Goat,” became a punch line for comedians and especially for filmmaker Michael Moore, who in “Fahrenheit 9/11” mocked the president for staying with the schoolchildren for several minutes while the crisis raged in New York and reading: “A girl got a pet goat. She liked to go running with her pet goat.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

People thought it was "My pet goat" so it became "My pet goat" but even as far back as 2002 it was "The pet goat", in 2003 is the first I can find "My pet goat" in reference to 9/11.

www.orwelltoday.com...

edit on 30-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

It's not necessarily divergent universes... it could be, for instance, a field test of "brainwashing" technology where they implant false memories in a sector of society and then monitor the internet for poor, deranged souls.

Aside from the more likely hurried, poor reporting and/or bad memory, that is.

You know what? You're right. It's a totally plausible idea and I like it. But, it might also be what they 'want' you to think to divert your attention from what they're actually doing.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hold onto your hat there BadDogma..! I'm aligned with your mindset as regards the 'variances', and would only suggest that you hold in your thoughts the strong sense of yourself, and of the majesty of nature. The universe is infinitely, incomprehensibly massive, and I think we agree that there seems to be some additional whacky-woo going on, perhaps concerning time, or the expression of Reality as possibly some sort of simulation in which details can be altered by 'powers & principalities', in order to enslave us, and to terrify us into existential uncertainty, in an attempt to generate sufficient fear that we self-immolate our desire to search for the truth.

'They' expect that those who bear witness to the variances, and the other 'high strangeness' events, will be so overwhelmed & intimidated that they withdraw from any attempt to seek out the positive, highest path to Truth, leaving us spiritually incapacitated, weakened to the point that we mentally adopt the fetal position & seek no more. Stand up to that attempt to intimidate, and continue to press onward on your unique, bespoke, amazing journey through Life. There's a purpose, and a goal to aim for - one foot in front of the other, and ignore the rats as they scurry around trying to rearrange the very ground you walk. If you ignore their actions, the path remains visible, no matter what they do with the layout of the cobblestones.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm on the fence at this stage, regarding the cause of the variances. They seem to be such MASSIVE changes in some cases, that one wonders how on Eart it would ever be possible to navigate into such a strangely off-kilter universe - nearly the same, but not quite... It's definitely sufficient to cause mental breakdown if we're not careful.

I'm leaning towards the idea that our universe is a simulation of some sort. I think the only way that the bizarre cornucopia of alterations - some ineffably huge & of great consequence, some so small & insignificant it's hard to imagine a reason for the implementation of the variance in the first place. My suggestion is that we are constrained in a reality which is in some sense a simulation, and that the details which are altered can be altered so fully & completely, yet with zero consequence on modern day 'as it happens' present moment events.. The only way things could stay the same, yet have an apprently altered provenance, is if that provenance is utterly irrelevant to the modern experience which we are having. Thus, it's like someone made a movie, then went back and switched out some of the footage, at the same moment in which the sequel is being filmed. Only the scriptwriter needs to know whether the changes made to the original will have any causally-impacting effect on the sequence of events in the sequel. The screenwriter would be perfectly capable of swapping out aspects of the original movie in such as way as no causal event can be discerned in that original movie which is capable of altering the meaning, context & circumstance of the sequel while it is being filmed.

So we're living in an alternative sequel, having been swapped out of the original movie as it ended, looking back to see that on our now parallel track, the facade we can see as being the detail of the original movie is altered, yet our present reality (in as much as we have been led to believe in the virtue of its existence) can be exactly the same, with zero consequence to its detail.

I will have more of a think about this, because the concept I want to convey is difficult to verbalise, and I recognise that my analogy is far from perfect..

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well it is another Mandela effect as I remember

MY PET GOAT...but again there is a lot out there misidentifying as such.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It IS a decent alternative, but I'm becoming more dubious that it's THE answer.

I know someone who is gravely ill, and has been sick since the "big vaccine debacle of 1994" when a bad vaccine went out and sickened and killed many people, it made world-wide news and her then fiance also got sick from it... the only problem is it didn't happen... now and here, anyway. She at first thought, reasonably, that it was scrubbed from the internet due to money, corruption, etc... but besides not being mentioned anywhere on the net, nobody outside of her close circle remembers it.

She's "sane" and has a high intelligence and is very reliable in every way, except she admits that she's sick from an incident that never happened. She had never even heard of the M word.

If it was just mind tech testing, why go through such a butt ache to make someone sick to support a false notion and... it fizzles.

I really don't know.. .and since most things are the same and we're not all locked into a hellscape, I think it's gonna be fine and it has probably always been this way, just not noticed since we all couldn't compare notes at once... maybe?

And with all the incredible "high strangeness" experienced, it's always been clear that reality was not exactly as materialists posited... but ... it's friggin odd and I would think, important... especially if a new phenomena.

It's quite the mind effer, and yeah, most of these variances are mistakes ...but, some are not . Our common universe seems more personal, lately... and senile. Perhaps it's simulation for the win!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Hi Fly. Agreed. One thing, if there is a "THEY" behind it, then malevolence doesn't seem their goal. We already had confusion before the M word manifested, I mean... but you could, of course, be on the right track. My meta intuition is pretty clueless, except that something is "different."

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I remember it being ' I Pet Goat. I had never heard of it before coming to ATS and seeing the thread " I Pet Goat II ", which was on the recent pages for a long time.

My Interpretation of heliophants I Pet Goat II

Very interesting thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I agree with you about the word "dilemna". That is the spelling i learned in school.

One mandella effect recently i took notice of is... In the movie "An officer and a gentleman" with Richard Gere.

In the beginning of the movie when the drill sargent is meeting the recruits, he says a well quoted line...

"Only two things come from Texas" , "Steers and queers".,and i don't see any horns... (paraphrasing)

is what i remember and heard quoted over the years. That's not the state he says. I wondered if anyone else remembers it being Texas.

This one had me really confused. I have always thought he said Texas..but no...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

It IS a decent alternative, but I'm becoming more dubious that it's THE answer.

I know someone who is gravely ill, and has been sick since the "big vaccine debacle of 1994" when a bad vaccine went out and sickened and killed many people, it made world-wide news and her then fiance also got sick from it... the only problem is it didn't happen... now and here, anyway. She at first thought, reasonably, that it was scrubbed from the internet due to money, corruption, etc... but besides not being mentioned anywhere on the net, nobody outside of her close circle remembers it.

She's "sane" and has a high intelligence and is very reliable in every way, except she admits that she's sick from an incident that never happened. She had never even heard of the M word.

If it was just mind tech testing, why go through such a butt ache to make someone sick to support a false notion and... it fizzles.

I really don't know.. .and since most things are the same and we're not all locked into a hellscape, I think it's gonna be fine and it has probably always been this way, just not noticed since we all couldn't compare notes at once... maybe?

And with all the incredible "high strangeness" experienced, it's always been clear that reality was not exactly as materialists posited... but ... it's friggin odd and I would think, important... especially if a new phenomena.

It's quite the mind effer, and yeah, most of these variances are mistakes ...but, some are not . Our common universe seems more personal, lately... and senile. Perhaps it's simulation for the win!

I totally hear what you're saying. There's this weird void we know is there, but we aren't seeing it, we're feeling it tho. The material world will never go beyond this unless it taps into that 'void'. I think everything is friggin odd too, and as you said, the strangeness isn't going away. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This was reported recently as a possible dimension shift mandela effect.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
Apologies, Fly, I wanted to acknowledge you and was in a hurry and distracted, and so posted something worse than usual for me.

Yes... as to alternative sequel as a decent description. And yes I KNOW any ideas pertaining to altered reality are difficult to communicate. And yes, this universe sorta has to be a simulation of some sort, based simply on the double slit experiment if nothing else.

It is nice that others are experiencing these things in a way, since if there was only one seeing reality as changed, then they'd be the very definition of insane!

My first concern (assuming some of these are "real" and some of the experiencers are "sane", as I do) is the situation natural or artificial?

If natural, then it's likely always been this way or at best, out of our control... unless wielding great mental powers, or the like.

If artificial, then is it human tech or mental ability (magik)? Is it going to get worse? Is reality unraveling? If not human, then...?

And it occurs to me that natural and artificial are arbitrary at a certain meta-level... especially if in a simulation.

But all most can do is notice it, judge if valid and file it away under "whoa boy" until information arises that enables coherent thought.

At least the usual suspects saying "mistake" over and over have better things to do so far. ; ) It does help to bounce ideas off others willing to entertain bizarre scenarios... so thanks to all brave enough to see the naked emperor that is our universe.

edit on 2/3/2018 by Baddogma because: added an "r"

edit on 2/3/2018 by Baddogma because: add sentance

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Dilemna is the strongest one for me, so far... I shudder every time I see the new spelling. Many others resonate with me, too, but I know memory is poor and cannot say for sure... but dilemna, heh.

As far as OaaG , dunno... that steers and queers line is pretty cliche' and it's likely in a lot of media we've been exposed to and so easy to conflate, but yeah, Texas seems "right" to me, too... tho it's been some years.

I would guess that if there's validity to reality changing, at all, it would have to be some aspect of the universe we are ignorant of... perhaps the new agers are correct and some new energy is permeating our region, doing things to us and environment... I'm open to any decent, or indecent, guess at this point.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"My/The Pet Goat" is a known Mandela Effect...

Are we allowed to post MEs in The Grey Area forum now?

..Just curious, I have two new ones I've thought about posting.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There's so much residue of it being MY pet goat.

Looking at waybacktimemachine, mypetgoat.com pages exist going all the way back to 1996 about a year after the book was published.

But now domain tools says mypetgoat.com is 6,666 days old BUT it was only created 66 days ago sometime in May 2019.

Meanwhile, thepetgoat.com doesn't even exist (although psyop will probably register it to comply with the operation soon)

Obviously, this is some seriously sloppy scrubbing, folks!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
There's so much residue of it being MY pet goat.

Looking at waybacktimemachine, mypetgoat.com pages exist going all the way back to 1996 about a year after the book was published.

But now domain tools says mypetgoat.com is 6,666 days old BUT it was only created 66 days ago sometime in May 2019.

Meanwhile, thepetgoat.com doesn't even exist (although psyop will probably register it to comply with the operation soon)

Obviously, this is some seriously sloppy scrubbing, folks!

Thank you for finding this.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Was it "My Pet Goat" or "The Pet Goat"?

According to the following it was 'The Pet Goat'.

www.youtube.com...

It shows the title of the story at around 1:33

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
a reply to: DISRAELI

The question is, what do you remember?

Let's stay on topic.

Same for you, you never said what you recall.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join