It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California lawmaker's proposal makes serving plastic straw without request a crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So, an establishment make a new policy "Don't offer plastic straws. Only provide one if asked." problem solved?

Nope...

Hand someone a plastic straw, face fines and/or imprisonment. That patron just might not want it and discard it killing baby ducks.

But should someone ASK for a plastic straw, it is a guaranteed outcome that they will take it home, wrap a bow around it, and place it on the living room mantle piece, for all to come and see.

"Oh is that a plastic straw?"
"Why yes, yes it is. I asked for it!"
"Wow, it's ... beautiful!"

idiotic that tax payers pay someone to come up with this nonsense, but then, yoga when done by a white person is oppression. Having dreadlocks is appropriation. Wearing a polo shirt is sign you're a nazi. the list goes on and on.

If I were there, I'd ask for a straw, then ask for another claiming the last straw didn't work properly. Or will the next thing on the books will be a One Straw Policy. And it better be blue, not pink. Pink straws won't contribute to the mantle piece.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
So, an establishment make a new policy "Don't offer plastic straws. Only provide one if asked." problem solved?

Nope...

Hand someone a plastic straw, face fines and/or imprisonment. That patron just might not want it and discard it killing baby ducks.

But should someone ASK for a plastic straw, it is a guaranteed outcome that they will take it home, wrap a bow around it, and place it on the living room mantle piece, for all to come and see.

"Oh is that a plastic straw?"
"Why yes, yes it is. I asked for it!"
"Wow, it's ... beautiful!"

idiotic that tax payers pay someone to come up with this nonsense, but then, yoga when done by a white person is oppression. Having dreadlocks is appropriation. Wearing a polo shirt is sign you're a nazi. the list goes on and on.

If I were there, I'd ask for a straw, then ask for another claiming the last straw didn't work properly. Or will the next thing on the books will be a One Straw Policy. And it better be blue, not pink. Pink straws won't contribute to the mantle piece.

If I take a crap on the street is it cultural appropriation?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes. I've seen videos of this very thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Krakatoa
When will they declare requesting a straw is akin to white supremacy?
Or, the final insult, "think of the children"?

Why make another thread when one already exists? Gotta get that daily outrage. Nice false equivalency, shoehorning in white supremacy as a victimization ploy.

Lol.

Less than ten seconds to find, first thread on the search function.

Perhaps because the search function here stinks?
Nah, that's too simple a reason I created another thread isn't it?

So, any comments on the topic itself?

I search for stuff ALL the time and it does not show up in the search area. But, yes...you must have had a sinister reason starting a thread that is already there!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Metallicus

Why the hell would I bring my own bags to go shopping? Talk about inconvenient and annoying.

To help the environment.

The bags they use now disintegrate on the way from the grocery checkout to my car as it is...there is no way they aren't biodegradable already. Sometimes I think people go out of their way to make their lives more difficult.

Have you seen the Walmart bags here in California now? They’re like Kevlar and can be used over and mover again for months.

Shame you have to be lazy and can’t just bring your own bag. By using bags you’re making everyone’s lives more difficult. But I guess selfishness blinds you from that, right?
edit on 30-1-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ColeYounger

Why the hell would I bring my own bags to go shopping?

Talk about inconvenient and annoying.

One more reason to shop online.

In the UK, we get "a bag for life", which are heavy duty plastic bags or cloth bags. Not too difficult to stuff into a pocket, and take out again, even if you walk to and from the supermarke. Of course, if you have car, that's even easier. With home delivery of supermarket orders, they still put smaller items into plastic bags; meats and vegetables.

In France, pensioners would use any old zip-up suitcase. They actually go round the supermarket, putting everything into the bag, then going to the checkout and taking everything out again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join