It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought i would like to ponder in this thread first

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So, I have an idea for a fun forum for ATS. It would involve insults, it would involve highlights, some ups, some downs, goods and bads. But most of all it would involve some fun.

it would have to be so classified, that even access to RATS won't grant you immediate access....well ok maybe that's enough. It just has to be hidden like RATS.

Of course I'm talking about a roast forum. One where we can all get together privately and laugh and insult and not be offended and have some fun.

What do you you all think?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I doubt this would stand up to mod scrutiny. However, one could make a thread in say, the members section. Begin their roast and the first one who guesses the correct member gets to start the next round.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What you're really saying is you want a forum like godlike where people can act like apes which in turn would turn into a monkey jungle, or, the house of commons.

Nah.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No, my idea is to create a "roast forum"

it would be hidden like RATS

maybe run every 1-4 weeks per roast depending on popularity

Forum members nominate roasties

Roasties choose their roasters

Obviously anything to offensive wouldn't be allowed.

Set a 24 span, only the roasters can post, and only 1 post each

after 24 span roastie can respond to raosters

thread left for infamous humor.
edit on 26-1-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I think it's an awesome idea. However I don't think it will get traction with mods.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

What you're really saying is you want a forum like godlike where people can act like apes which in turn would turn into a monkey jungle, or, the house of commons.

Nah.

No, strictly regulated for entertainment purposes.

Kinda like the ones you see on comedy central.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I don't see that happening to be Frank with you. People act like apes by nature, the civility in a forum like the one your posing, wouldn't last long.

Were I an op I don't know if you could pay me enough to deal with apes of that calibre.
edit on 26-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I don't see that happening to be Frank with you. People act like apes by nature, the civility in a forum like the one your posing, wouldn't last long.

Were I an op I don't know if you could pay me enough to deal with apes of that calibre.

It would be regulated. Only mods could make the thread, and only people chosen for the roast could post in the thread, and it would be mod approved before being posted.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

only people chosen for the roast could post in the thread.

So you'd exclude other people from posting to your posed 'special people only thread'? That's inhumane. Everyone is equal, remember?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

only people chosen for the roast could post in the thread.

So you'd exclude other people from posting to your posed 'special people only thread'? That's inhumane. Everyone is equal, remember?

I think I detect sarcasm, well at least I hope I do. The roast could be opened to comments after it was completed, but yeah, a structured fun event would be regulated, and if you weren't selected you couldn't post...until the open commentary would occur. Preferably people would understand why open commentary couldn't and shouldn't happen, but hell yeah lets be fair and equal.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

My favourite roast was the one for Patrice O'Neil a few years ago or a Giraldo one where he murders dozens of guests in one-liners.

Roasts wouldn't work well on ATS for a few reasons. There'd have to a T&C ceasefire in a roast thread, members would need to keep it in the roast. That's something a few members struggle to do as we see each day in non-Pit threads. The boundaries of a roast would presumably be 'invitation only' which could create cliques on one side and outsiders and outcasts on the other. The RATS limits are there to hinder trolls from getting in there and otherwise all of ATS is equal access. A roast thread would probably need a different tier of access like passwords or special status (fighter-scholar-roaster).

caution for bad language

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I'd regulate it, with glee
but you'd have to pay me in bitcoins.

And yes, I was being facetious.
edit on 27-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It really could work though. I've been admin of several forums, and creating a sub-forum isn't hard. T&C have been altered for the mudpit, they could easily be the same for this forum fun event.

Forums can easily be regulated to allow only certain users to post.

ATS would decide who gets roasted, and only if that member agrees.

Submit nominations for a week, then give staff a week to contact nominees and decide a roastee

Roastee gets the benefit of choosing their roasters, I highly doubt they will pick people that will flame up the forums.

Thread is created in private forum, posting rights only given to those with certain privileges (the things you can create and take away at any time as a forum admin)

Roasters post, all posts are mod reviewed before posting.

The effort involved on the staff side would be really minimal, and I think people would find it fun.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You've put a lot of thought into this and I still can't see it working. You're right about getting members with 'the right stuff' and we'd probably both pick the same group of names.

I'm only commenting as a member really as Supers don't have the keys to the kingdom. We can't do anything structural to ATS. Thank God! If I was you and was 100% sure this could work, I would drop Springer a PM or send an email to contact@the abovenetwork.com.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

We already have this with the mud pit, it's a bit redundant to make another forum like this in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

We already have this with the mud pit, it's a bit redundant to make another forum like this in my opinion.

Reading isn't your strong suit?

This wouldn't be an open forum.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

So a mud pit that is private. Why?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Indeed, it would be, most redundant. However...

If it meant I could behave irrationally and behave like a drunken ape for no reason in particular, it might be somewhat, entertaining.. for a while anyways.
edit on 27-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Mud Pit posts are typically full of hatred directed at the 'other side's' politics and beliefs. Their intent is to deride and disturb the targets.

Roasts are a different thing because they are usually highly offensive pokes made with mutual affection. Most roasts involve mutual consent and a degree of masochism for the roastee.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So a mud pit that is private. Why?

Maybe re-read the entire thread.

I'm not proposing an open mudpit on users, hence why i questioned your reading ability.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join