It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark is divine: What colour are Indian gods and goddesses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

In India where light skin is coveted, a new campaign is re-imagining popular Hindu gods and goddesses with a darker skin, writes the
The desire for fairer skin is not new in India and for centuries, fair complexion has been considered superior.
Fairness creams are among the highest selling cosmetic products in the country and top Bollywood actors and actresses regularly appear in commercials endorsing fairness products.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram
If invaders from the north-west becoming dominant had lighter skins, that would account for the original preference.
In the case of old images, it might also be related to the unpainted colours of the original wood or stone.

But I've seen printed pictures of Krishna in the past, and they were depicting him as blue in colour. I picked up the impression that this was the norm for Hindu gods.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah its a big thing. Black gods where painted blue by north indian hindus. Racism is a big deal in india. Even those in us with 6 fingers dont come close to north indian arab invaders.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram
Ah, so that's another mystery explained. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Caste is directly related to skin tone in India.

Because Atlanteans, the ones who built their temples and created their religion, were European. And they don't believe in Hindu at all.

The double headed eagle marks every temple worldwide.

I always wondered if the reverence of cattle was an inside joke by the goyim (who love to dress up and role play as angels and shasu and gods). Of course that doesn't make sense if you believe Europeans are semites,and brown people are subhuman (like you were taught by the Egypt worshippers)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Short translation for krsna. Krsna means the black one.

new topics

top topics

join