It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate welfare = government taking money from your paycheck and handing it to corporations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm sorry but how is not taking the money from corporations taking money from us and giving it to corporations did they raise anyone's taxes?

Jaden

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

From a selfish viewpoint, I hope our government doesn't stop sending money to health insurance corporations. Not while ObamaCare is law anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That's not how I see it. When I was freelancing I enjoyed having the freedom to determine the scope, and terms of my contract. I included payment terms, objectives, scope all that.

Regulations then come in and start mandating how contracts are written, depending on the scope of and type of services offered.

But I'm not a lawyer, just an engineer. But without being able to write contracts I had nothing to hold my clients to, in a dispute if I didn't have the contract written I had nothing.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Corporatism is the economic side of fascism.
Didn't we defeat fascism in WW2?
No, we adopted it whole-hog.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We became fascistic in 1913.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You're not supposed to talk about this.

You're meant to focus on food stamp recipients, drug addicts and such.

You know, the people on the bottom rung of the ladder of life.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Thank christ someone out their is aware of corporate welfare. I have been trying to wake people up about this for years.

Most people don't know about corporate welfare because the media doesn't tell them about it and wont tell them about it.

The govt and the media only want to focus the attention of the masses on the welfare system for individuals. They do this to get them to believe welfare for individuals is root of all evil and to hate the people that claim it and its costing them all their taxes.

They don't want the masses to know about corporate welfare because all current and future govts, want to move the money away from the masses and on the corporate sector just as you are saying.

Thank you for bringing this up.

This is the kind of message that must be thrust into the faces of everyone in all the countries of the western world as all govts in the world are in the process of taking welfare away from individuals and giving it the corporate sector.

Please don't stop raising awareness of this issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: toysforadults
Yeah that's right. The government literally steals money from you via force and intimidation and literally GIVES it to some of the worlds largest corporations in the form of subsidies and tax breaks.

Good thing your taxes go up every year right? I know these guys in congress really deserve those 245k a year pensions they are promised that's for sure.

Sizzle Dizzle

Two thirds of the $68 billion in federal tax credits and grants that were awarded between 2000 and 2015 went to 600 companies. There are companies that make decisions based on how much money they can get from the government to do so, and there are probably also companies out there that only exist because of the handouts they are getting from the government.

Meh it's only 68 billion. I am sure most of these companies are truly hurting for revenue. I know they don't have enough money by looking at the stock market. Apparently as I understand it all of the current DOW growth has a lot to do with stock buy backs.

Investopedia

A stock buyback, also known as a "share repurchase", is a company's buying back its shares from the marketplace. You can think of a buyback as a company investing in itself, or using its cash to buy its own shares. Read more: A Breakdown Of Stock Buybacks www.investopedia.com... Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Great. So all of these companies are using their massive liquid reserve that they have built up from paying the majority of the people working for them # wages essentially destroying local economies world wide.

www.guard.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Wolf is an idiot crony capitalist corrupt dbag

Guard was issued a $1,000,000 grant and 855,000 in job creation tax credits

Yup that's right. Berkshire Hathaway get's a multi million dollar deal from the state of Pennsylvania's already burdened tax payers as a bribe to keep their offices in this state. What a fricken joke.

All these giant corporations are so corrupt and everyone is so busy arguing over weather or not Trump drinks diet coke or pepsi.

Ugh.

The federal government should not be subsidizing or using the tax code for any business or industry, small or large, no matter how noble it may sound.

Would generally agree but think there are some exceptions for when there is clear public interest in maintaining certain industries. For example I would think there is a good case to maintain some ship building, even if uncompetitive, as it is integral to the economy and has high start up costs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join