It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entire Known Universe in a Single Image

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It made a good beer advert

Best beer in the universe! Prove us wrong!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'm confused, does this image show our sun at the middle?

Nevermind, still confused, but read it a few more times. Still seems odd.

Ironically we are the centre of the visible Universe.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It really is fantastic. Imagine what's beyond the known universe, then outside the plasma.Personally would have had a definable black empty space ring slightly inside the circle to reflect the unknown space.
edit on 17-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Flat Universe Confirmed.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

That's really neat. Thanks for sharing that image. I'll be glad when technology advances to the point where we can stand in one spot of the room, and view everything like we're in the center of that bubble. That would be overwhelming, one would think.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At the rate we're going, it probably wouldn't be that far off. A couple of years maybe.

We already have VR Youtube. There is also technology out there right now that will allow holograms to look as perfect as real life, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in what was real and what was an image until you tried to touch it. One example was room sized. It reminded me of Star Trek. So that's currently in the works.

Pair that with another technology that someone is working on and making headway... I believe they use air to give an image the ability to feel like a 3 dimensional object. There you have the Holodeck!

There are also gloves that give the same properties.

Just a few more years and a few thousand dollars and you will have all that and then some. Give it another 5 years and many of us will likely be able to afford it. 10 more years... everyone might be able to afford it. Hell, they might just give it away for your identity, personal information, eating habits, and medical records. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If you had a the world's most powerful telescope and mapped out everything that telescope could see from your perspective (which would be a sphere-shaped map of the known universe), YOU would be in the exact center of the sphere of that known universe.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in fact it wouldn't make a great tattoo at all! Too much small detail and fiddly bits to get it to work well on the skin and last any time long term in the skin!
Its a super cool image. But not translatable to tattoo very well. Unless it was gigantic. Like a metre across type massive! Perhaps even bigger than that!

But still a cool as hell image!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It really is fantastic. Imagine what's beyond the known universe, then outside the plasma.Personally would have had a definable black empty space ring slightly inside the circle to reflect the unknown space.

I'm pretty sure that (at least in our current understanding) it's wrong to think that the known usiverse is something specific, and that there's something different outside of it. The universe is the same throughout; the Solar System is part of that filamentary structure of plasma and galaxies. Outside of the visible universe, there would be more of the same universe.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Sure. If you travel in any direction from our sun, every part of the outside edge of the universe is equidistant. That pretty much makes us right at the center.

So the Sun is the center of the universe? Where the in-out happens? The brig brang?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdKiller

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Sure. If you travel in any direction from our sun, every part of the outside edge of the universe is equidistant. That pretty much makes us right at the center.

So the Sun is the center of the universe? Where the in-out happens? The brig brang?

We're the center of the "known" or "observable universe", but not the entire universe.

Think of it this way:
If you were in an ocean, far from any land, and looked all around you, the "Observable Ocean" would be a perfectly circular patch of water about 3 miles in radius (the distance you can see to the horizon from eye level), and you would be smack in the center of that observable or known ocean.

However, the actual entire ocean would be much larger than that, and you might not really be in the center of it.

edit on 22/1/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join