It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

threw the LOOKING GLASS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LOOKING GLASS/NIGHT WATCH an E-6 flown by the NAVY and under the control of USSTRATCOM/GOC.

why would they use 'new' E-6's ?

using a 2.5 mile TWA seems antiquated and just over all a tasty target.

if i were to strike america i would obviously go for this target, in a full realization strike the ground communications would most likely be hit first by direct strikes/EMP's leaving the airborne communication posts a major lynch pin.

it would seem advantageous to have more then one system in place but that would make LOOKING GLASS useless.

with all the talk lately of secret stealth programs, and personal experience with what the USAF/NAVY/NSA etc are capable of feilding is it all an elaborate ruse? surly Russia and China know of our more JET BLACK programs. So is it just a show for the home front?

i mean even leaving out all the cooler stuff why not have this system on a sub?
edit on 15-1-2018 by penroc3 because: sp

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
LOOKING GLASS an E-6 flown by the NAVY and under the control of USSTRATCOM/GOC.

why would they use 'new' E-6's ?

using a 2.5 mile TWA seems antiquated and just over all a tasty target.

if i were to strike america i would obviously go for this target, in a full realization strike the ground communications would most likely be hit first by direct strikes/EMP's leaving the airborne communication posts a major lynch pin.

it would seem advantageous to have more then one system in place but that would make LOOKING GLASS useless.

with all the talk lately of secret stealth programs, and personal experience with what the USAF/NAVY/NSA etc are capable of feilding is it all an elaborate ruse? surly Russia and China know of our more JET BLACK programs. So is it just a show for the home front?

Looking Glass is back ?
Alice too ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just like anything else that can be fielded today, very little could survive a serious and concentrated strike by a capable foe. That's not really what they are there for. As an example, think of the CVNs. They are a formidable force in context, force projectors that have enabled US air superiority time and time again--within a few hours. But there's no way one could survive a direct nuclear missile strike. The bet is they won't have to, because if that's the level we're talking about, it's a whole new ballgame in terms of weapons deployed. That doesn't mean they aren't available. It's just that in the absence of a true existential threat, it's not necessary to show everything you've got. That would be pretty bad poker.
edit on 1/15/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Through.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What foe are you referring to?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

i think the US populace is wayyyyy more in the dark about U.S capabilities then our 'peers'.

people still doubt the existence of well known programs, because they don't understand technological progression.

i saw something when trump and hillary were in my city that shook up my understandings of classical aerodynamics.

seems like if i saw it then Russia or China already have ill gotten pictures or at the very least a good idea what and how they work.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Does anyone here know what "Alice" and "Looking Glass" (no , Through the Looking Glass was a novel by Lewis Carroll) is , or was ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

if your referring to the bob lazar looking glass story and the astr0 alice thing we are pretty well aware of those narratives

or are you talking about something else?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I thought I'd "through" this out there... if any of the scuttlebutt about black programs and breakaway societies is true, then all bets are off as far as Jane's military info goes... there is extant tech that is literally mind blowing and anything imaginable is possible.

I would not be surprised if the other nations knew just enough to poop their shorts as something seems to have shut down the USSR and kept the other big dogs off the big 5's backs... and the U.S. retired their show orbiter and replaced it with nothing, why?

And I've seen enough oddness in the skies to know something secret is here...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

if your referring to the bob lazar looking glass story and the astr0 alice thing we are pretty well aware of those narratives

or are you talking about something else?

Well, I see one person that outed themselves....
The question was DIRECTLY asked about your OP precisely on topic
It is ok.
Just y'all dont need to let your imagination run away with you....

edit on 1/15/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

i'm man enough to leave my spelling errors in place, or does that make me dumb....

i think the USSR bankrupt'ed itself on more then missile tech made reliable in the 70's.

but science is mostly done in universities and on napkins, until you have a working theory of how to bend classical aerodynamics then there is no point building something. They must have been close to something, or they thought they were and wasted all that money on bad math.

India has so many their kids come here to learn at the best schools and allot go home, there was a big deal about a certain type of student visa and India a few years ago.

During the late 50's we lost an amazing Chinese scientist who was an officer in the us military but lost his job when he asked to go visit his dying parents, i imagine that that man isn't the only case of the US making some of it's best and brightist feel unwelcomed.

I was a believer in UFOs(still am) but i think most of what we see isn't aliens

as far as outing myself,i never said i believe any of it. Sometimes a story is just that a story.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I cant believe asto is still mentioned on here, he was outed when it was pointed out he started posting asking questions about mundane things then ended up the pilot of a magical dream catcher.

Come on people, dont let that joke drag down this forum again.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The E-6B took over the Looking Glass mission years ago, when the EC-135 was retired and it was found that the E-4B couldn't handle it alone. Looking Glass and Nightwatch are not the same thing though.

The TWA is the most effective way to talk to subs, and will be for awhile. It works in pretty much any environment and is bulletproof.
edit on 1/16/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

i have to say i don't believe 90% of that story.

BUT... there is always a but.

i have seen with my own lying eyes the exact things he mentioned

maybe he stumbled onto something, we know he was british military, or us military on a UK base. The reason i say he is british was the use of certain words that americans don't use.

but it is not unheard of that military personnel stumble into classified programs. by rumor, or a loud mouth.

even if he made it all up there is no changing the fact there are triangles, orbs and other amazing craft with at the minimum an ability to get to LEO stay and navigate with stunning speed.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

i think the US populace is wayyyyy more in the dark about U.S capabilities then our 'peers'.

people still doubt the existence of well known programs, because they don't understand technological progression.

i saw something when trump and hillary were in my city that shook up my understandings of classical aerodynamics.

seems like if i saw it then Russia or China already have ill gotten pictures or at the very least a good idea what and how they work.
"i saw something when trump and hillary were in my city that shook up my understandings of classical aerodynamics"

can you enlighten us as to what you saw?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

i feel everytime i tell this story it dulls the memories edges a bit.

But when they were both in my city doing speeches about their campaigns i was out with a friend geographically located behind or past where the conventions were taking place that night. It was about 1130pm-12am i was dropping my friend off at his apartment in the city(i live in the suburbs) when we both noticed a very bright light we thought was a helicopter.

the light was so bright and so low the more we saw it i actually said i wonder if it is a aircraft crashing or having a difficult landing/take off.

after about 1-2 mins of us trying to catch glimpses of this light threw the rooftops as i drove by i made a turn and within one smaller city block there was a black triangle just stuck rotating in the air, totally silent.

it rotated in the air like it was on the end of a pole but wobbled in its rotation(like earth procesion). I stopped the car and my friend was freaking out and i insisted he get out and look with me, i will hate myself forever for not getting a picture to show.

but after about a minute or 2 of us watching it, it went straight up 20 feet then so fast if you had blinked it would have seemed to disappear.

at this point in total shock i noticed a few people on the street. I asked one of them men if he just saw that, and he said"i don't know WTF that was but im getting out of here".

we did the same.

here is a bad MS paint to illustrate

ibb.co...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

No worries on spelling... didn't mean to be too snarky, I was trying for lighthearted/ funny ... and yeah, most of the stuff is def human (in my slightly studied opinion, anyway) but the questions are where did they get the info and why keep it so incredibly secret?

One could construct many logical answers, and many have, but most of us are still clueless. It likely comes down to economics, though the tech itself would likely make that moot, and so that means certain folks want to keep their economic "power" at the expense of the rest of us... and I suppose there is the weapon aspect, but we can already blow up the planet, so ... ?

It's truly staggering when one looks at the whole... and terribly sad.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well, how are you going to talk to the sub to pass orders to other subs? Communications underwater are not easy underwater and the entire point of the trailing wire antenna is to transmit at a low enough frequency to be able to go through the water to reach the subs in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

ELF antenna could be placed in so many obscure locations, i mean they have research stations at the bottom of the ocean that aren't even military.

i would find myself a under sea cave or make one, and have my comms stations there with elf transmitters there.

granted no place is truly safe anymore, if someone really wanted to get to you they will.

but having the transmitters underground or under the ocean seem safer granted a double edge sword, in the air you are mobil, but a very secret elf transmitter under the ground/ocean is alittle harder to get at.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You have to get the transmission to the antenna. If you run a cable to a fixed antenna, that cable is vulnerable to something as simple as a rock slide. And unless you're willing to put them more or less everywhere, your subs might not even be near one when you transmit. Not to mention depth is another consideration.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join