It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy resigns from House Ethics Committee

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I knew that Q was referring to Trey Gowdy when I saw that!!

This dude is a pitbull and he is going to be sinking his teeth into the sick elite network of traffickers.

I became a fan of him after seeing this video...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Attorney General Gowdy has a nice ring to it.

-Chris

I was thinking the exact same thing

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Interesting times indeed.

DOJ IG report is due out soon as well.

If the report says what I suspect it will say, there will be calls for a special prosecutor.

Isn't that supposed to come out today?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

yes and he says he had decided to step down from this role in june but wanted to wait till the end of the year for some reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: butcherguy

Ah...I see what it is now....

He accepted a position as Chairperson of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform...so doesnt appear to be anything strange...just work overload.

He has held the Chair of that committee since June.

Right...just saying in the articles linked that this appointment was what made him step down. It is stated that he asked prior to that if he got the position he be removed from one of his other roles.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Today's been touted in several places. So far, it's not made an appearance online anywhere as of this posting.

I did find one blog article about it, but no larger news stations have posted anything on it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks, I keep checking around as well and nothing yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

thehill.com...

Gowdy took over as chairman of the Oversight Committee in June after the panel's previous chair, former Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), retired from the House. “Mr. Gowdy was serving on four committees when he ran for Chair of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee. He requested to be relieved of his duties from the Ethics Committee should he win chairmanship given the significant increased workload," AshLee Strong, a spokeswoman for Ryan said in a statement. "We are grateful for his five years of service on the Ethics Committee and for agreeing to serve the remainder of the calendar year," she added.

edit on 15-1-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I dont know about the whole Q thing.

But if this was posted by Q yesterday, it at least proves that they have some inside knowledge of whats going in these matters.

not really? it was already in the news by yesterday.

The South Carolina Republican tendered his resignation in a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday, the details of which were published in the Congressional Record on Thursday and reported by news outlets later in the week.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What are some of the Ethics Committee’s accomplishments from the past that I might have heard of?

(I only ask because I thought I heard somewhere that there’s been virtually(?) nothing that they’ve done...)

What does the ethics committee do?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Thanks for that.

As others are showing in posts above, apparently this is no surprise and was planned ever since Gowdy took his positions in the oversight committee

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
What are some of the Ethics Committee’s accomplishments from the past that I might have heard of?

(I only ask because I thought I heard somewhere that there’s been virtually(?) nothing that they’ve done...)

well I will tell you what they didnt do, stop allowing a tax payer slush fund to pay for accused congressmen.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Not sure what they are supposed to do but since 2010 they have been a partisan group used to go after GOP rivals. Gowdy has been the head of it for most of that time.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: Christosterone
Attorney General Gowdy has a nice ring to it.

-Chris

I was thinking the exact same thing
Trey Gowdy .... POTUS sounds even better..... Let us hope.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, there were stories about Trey Gowdy stepping down published Saturday. Here's three of them:

Washington Examiner
The Hill
Daily Caller

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking he has more important things to do. The Ethics Committee is a joke.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If the report says what I suspect it will say, there will be calls for a special prosecutor.

Just an observation, and I could be wrong. Hoping Gowdy is appointed as a special prosecutor might be a non starter. I dont believe a person can work for 2 different branches of government at the same time. It is why, should something happen where the Speaker of the House becomes President, they must resign their position in Congress before they can be sworn in.

A special prosecutor is attached to the executive branch. Gowdy, as a representative, is attached to the legislative.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Just an observation, and I could be wrong. Hoping Gowdy is appointed as a special prosecutor might be a non starter. I dont believe a person can work for 2 different branches of government at the same time. It is why, should something happen where the Speaker of the House becomes President, they must resign their position in Congress before they can be sworn in.

A special prosecutor is attached to the executive branch. Gowdy, as a representative, is attached to the legislative.

Let's hoping he resigns so he can take the job

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Let's hoping he resigns so he can take the job

I would rather see Gowdy as AG than a special prosecutor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join