It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Satan and The Law of Karma?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just in case you didn't get the other connection - the 4 Gospels that were canonized in the N.T. were NOT the only Gospels. The Church purposefully selected those 4 Gospels & excluded the other Gospels. These Apocryphal Gospels are known as the "Gnostic Gospels"! The Canonized Gospels (as well as the Rest of the New Testament) is written in "Koine Greek". The thing that I find Fascinating is that the words/concepts of Agape & Thelema (i.e. Love & Will) are featured prominently within!

Hmm... Agape & Thelema - Love & Will - I wonder were I have seen this before?!

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

In the Gnostic Interpretation of Genesis the SERPENT is considered a Hero - because while "God" only wanted to Control it's new Creation & keep it in the Darkness of Ignorance - the Serpent offered Humanity the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge - Freedom in other words!

Great points, S.S. It's interesting the hoops that bible-folks will jump through to make excuses for God's words about the Tree of Life. Clearly Adam and Eve did not die the day they ate the fruit as He said they would. To reinterpret the word "day" so that God doesn't look like a liar is a stretch. If the Eden account is to be taken literally, then God was not truthful with Adam and Eve whereas the serpent was.

I am very interested in your comments about Karma being scientific fact I.E. the law of cause and effect. When would you say the proof of this science was established?

I subscribe to the Buddhist interpetation of Karma. As Wikipedia says:

In Buddhism, only intentional actions are karmic "acts of will". The 'Law of Karma' refers to "cause and effect", but Karma literally means "action" - often indicating intent or cause. Accompanying this usually is a separate tenet called Vipaka, meaning result or effect. The re-action or effect can itself also influence an action, and in this way, the chain of causation continues ad infinitum. When Buddhists talk about karma, they are normally referring to karma/action that is 'tainted' with ignorance - karma that continues to ensure that the being remains in the everlasting cycle of samsara.

In this respect, if evil karma is not tainted with ignorance, than one could possibly see how an 'evil' person could do selfish acts (betrayal, scheming, theft, etc) and if they are not done in ignorance, karma would still be served and enlightenment could still come. I suppose this would entail some kind of true understanding of evil at a level most people cannot. For example, I'm sure Christ would be able to concieve of ultimate evil. If a man could choose perfect good, surely he could also choose perfect evil.

I found the RA/Law of One channelings to be very interesting. Specifically how RA said that it is possible for a small percentage of souls to evolve to higher densities through Service to Self. He said this was very difficult and is only possible by those who have a very high level of devotion to self. To me, this seems to speak of dedicated black magicians and Luciferian-types. In this context, it seems that Karma could be satisifed by a 'Satanist'.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
SmallPeeps - I believe you answered your own question about Karma. Yes INTENT definitely comes into play. An Evil Act done with Awareness of its Evil & Negative Consequence is much worse then Negative Actions done out of Ignorance! Every Being has a Capacity for BOTH Good & Evil! I would Imagine that in order for Karma to be effective that it would be the UNIVERSE keeping score rather than Pathetic "Society"!

On a side note - The Tree of Life comes AFTER the Tree of Knowledge. After Enlightenment the Goal is the Climb the Tree & get Out of the Hell Realms (Samsaric) & Enter the Heavenly Realms (Nirvanic) - you see how Karma comes into play here don't you? "Re-Incarnation" becomes optional after a certain point!

img208.exs.cx...

Hmm... I tried to Insert this image - but it looks like ATS turned off [img]
BB Code - Member Uploads are still dis-abled too - whats up with this?

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
SS: Interesting stuff for sure. I looked at that picture of the Tree of Life/Sephiroth which you linked to but I am curious: What do those numbers mean? Why are there three threes on the good end when this pattern doesn't seem to follow on the other end? Is this some sort of numerology or is there geometric math here?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes there is! It is called the QABALISTIC Tree of Life - believe it or not this is a Very Old Symbol! Jewish Mystics are its Source! As you know the Original Jewish & Christian Scriptures were written in Hebrew & Greek Respectively. These Ancients did not have separate Numerals as we do - they used letters of their Alphabets to Represent Numerical Values (as did the Romans - I, IV, IX). I recommend that you look into Qabalah - plenty of info on the Net & plenty of Books on it out there too (Eliphas Levi was a Master)! Plenty of Books on the Tree of Life in general too! Qabalah is more about Deciphering Hidden Messages than any strict Religious Dogma - for example you might have noticed those "93" in Cugs postings - well in the Greek Qabalah the Words - Love, Will & Law all equate out to "93"!

Oh yeah I also recommend that you watch the Movie "PI" as extra credit!

P.S. Malkuth = normal everyday existence in the Material Realm!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join