It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Jackson's Star-Studded Defence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Earlier today, Michael Jackson's defense lawyers unveiled a list of witnesses to be called to the stand in his support. Among those named were David Blaine, Nick Carter, Elizabeth Taylor, Diana Ross, Larry King, Jay Leno and Stevie Wonder. The prosecution intends to call Corey Feldman and British journalist Martin Bashir to the stand.

news.bbc.co.uk
Other star defence witnesses could include US basketball player Kobe Bryant, himself the subject of a rape case that collapsed last year after criminal charges against him were dropped.

Bee Gee singer Barry Gibb, actor Chris Tucker and illusionist Uri Geller may also be called to the stand in Mr Jackson's defence.

Jackson is accused of molesting a 13-year-old former cancer patient, giving the boy alcohol and conspiring to hold him and his family captive.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This case seems to get more and more absurd as time goes on....It's logical to assume that Michael keeps celebrity friends, of whom, perhaps a small portion of which would be in such need of a media-boost as to associate their names in support of his claims...but it seems that quite a few major personalities and stars are committing themselves to Michael's (il)legal ambitions.

Does this make you question Michael's case or the sanity of those who have suddenly shown their support?

I've smelt a rat all along...but now I think it's cooked....

Related News Links:
www.denverpost.com
www.signonsandiego.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Corey Feldman will testify against Michael Jackson (On 20/20 now!)
Michael Jacksons jury questionaire.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm sure we're gonna hear more than we will ever want to know about Michael Jackson's private life this year.

This is newsworthy...I'm bumping it up.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Martin Bashir would be of concern to the Jackson case given all the things screened and not screened in his doco and his varying integrity through that whole process.

I think the named witnesses will probably testify what they know, celebrities or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Couldnt they at least have gotten some witnesses who havent been to jail themselves?
Thats a shady bunch..all they're missing is Nick Nolte and Martha Stewart to wrap up a tight defense

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Thats a shady bunch..all they're missing is Nick Nolte and Martha Stewart to wrap up a tight defense

How true is that....The sympathy ploy they're trying to pull here truly amazes me....

BTW - Note to the ATSNN staff - I've been in contact with Zedd regarding the upgrading of this story - but we couldn't quite figure it out...I recv'd a U2U telling me to edit the bias title (although, not to argue, I really don't see the bias in it, given the nature of the story) - But I can't modify it for some reason....just thought I'd let you all know what the stall was....

I'm guessing perhaps it has something to do with the 2 hour edit window??

Edit: Well...looks like maybe I'll I needed to do to unlock it was reply....

[edit on 2/14/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I know in this country you are assumedinnocent until porven guilty in a court of law. But, considering what has come out, I don't see much hope for his innocence. What kind of middle-aged man surrounds himself with pre-adolenscent boys?!?!???!! Not children, just young boys.

I'm truly concerned if Jackson gets a pass because he is rich and famous, it will send the wrong message to pedophiles everywhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Prosecutor: Mr. Wonder, did you ever see Michael Jackson touch any child in any
inappropriate way?

Stevie Wonder: Man I didn't see nuthin'!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Part of me wonders though....

If you consider Michael's upbringing....He had no childhood - His father beat him...He confesses to having felt inadequate about his appearance, especially his nose - Clearly we can see it's the secondary focus of his surgeries next to his skin color...

---------------------------------------------------------

And he never had plastic surgery?

But seriously....Just maybe...Juuust maybe....he wanted to right a wrong he had in his life with children who are less fortunate than he was.....

Then you listen to his music, and it seems like all his problems are right their in his lyrics - They've been hiding there for years and we've been feeding him millions of dollars to support them....

Who knows....It seems so clear and obvious, but there seems to be quite a few mystery doors left unopened which could show the truth in several different lights...

The one thing I can't imagine is Michael Jackson in prison though....Martha Stewart - Yeah, okay...It took a while, but then I could see it happening in front of me.....A whole 5 months...

But Jackson wouldn't get off that easy.....I think he'd commit suicide or have someone do him in, b/c it would be impossible for someone like him to live through prison without coming out more warped and twisted than he may already be....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
being a weirdo isnt a crime, sexual contact with minors is. his defense HAS to be grandios. why?

he has already been accused, so one strike against him even if it isnt true. he has been accused of molesting other kids that we know for a fact he hasn't. that asian boy came out to defend MJ becasue they said he got him drunk and molested him. they said the same thing about mcully caulkin (sp sorry). both of those parties were not touched MJ.

MJ has money, and people want money and fame. accusing MJ of youching your PP is a great way to get both.

does this mean he is innocent? hell not. it doesent mean he is guilty either. it means he is accused. He is the highest profile person ever to be accused of such a thing, and therefore needs the highest profile defense case of all times in order to keep it fair.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good points....

But what do you think of the reputations that are on the line here?

Personally, I believe these people are going out on a limb by offering their testimony...however...this is show business...They can recover their fame and popularity in the blink of an eye....hmmmmm

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What can they really testify to?
They are not young boys.
A child molester does not commit crimes against adults. So how would adults be able to testify as to his behavior. Child molesters would cover their tracks to appear innocent to the adult world. IMHO Child moleters are people manipulatiors.

Though guilty of a different crime, Ted Bundy fooled lots of adults for a long time about his criminal activities. Even the woman who later wrote his biography.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
MJ is 46 years old, it is completely relavant for people who are now grown but once spent time with him while they were teenage boys to testify.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Looks like they want to get the jury star struck. We will see where the real proof lies during this trial. David Blaine (the magician), wonder what he will testify to? Certainly not pulling a boy out of Michael's pants.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The only thing I am sure MJ is guilty of is stupidity.

To pay out millions to avoid a lawsuit for this very sort of thing, and then to continue to persist in the behaviour that raised suspicions and left you open to such allegations is stupid enough. But to go on national TV and announce it to the world????

Doesn't this guy have a single real friend? You know, the one that goes 'Dude, that's a really, really bad idea'.

top topics

join