It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer targeted with reusable 'stinging nettle' treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Cancer targeted with reusable 'stinging nettle' treatment
www.eurekalert.org...

Cancer cells can be destroyed more effectively and selectively with a unique new reusable treatment...researchers have developed a new line of attack against cancer: an organic-osmium compound, which is triggered using a non-toxic dose of sodium formate, a natural product found in many organisms, including nettles and ants.

Named JPC11, it targets a metabolic process which cancer cells rely on to survive and multiply. It does this by converting a key substance used by cancer cells to provide the energy they need for rapid division (pyruvate) into an unnatural lactate - leading to the cells' destruction.

Importantly, the development opens up a possibility for a more selective cancer treatment as JPC11 was observed to specifically target the biochemistry of cancer cells, leaving healthy cells largely untouched - another improvement compared to existing platinum-based drugs, which can also attack non-cancerous cells.

"We have discovered that chemo-catalyst JPC11 has a unique mechanism of action - and we hope that this will lead to more effective, selective and safer treatments in the future."

"Platinum compounds are the most widely used drugs for cancer chemotherapy, but we urgently need to respond to the challenges of circumventing resistance and side-effects. Our lab is focussed on the discovery of truly novel anticancer drugs which can kill cells in totally new ways. Chemo-catalysts, especially those with immunogenic properties, might provide a breakthrough.

"It will take time to progress from the lab to the clinic..."

Another amazing discovery and breakthrough in fighting cancer with nature's greens! Who knew that stinging nettle (never mind ants as they are gross) have a powerful component in there to mess up the replication process of the cancerous cell. I have always tried to avoid touching these plants because of their STING! Now maybe I won't mind as much

Though I wonder if this is a broad spectrum targeting or a specific cancer cell it targets. I have tried to look up JPC11 ion Google but nothing has popped up for it. I wonder what "JPC" stands for? If anyone can find out that would be great!

Other healing benefits of the stinging nettle plant:

*notice how the stinging nettle plant 'kind of' resembles that of a pot plant? Just an observation

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

*notice how the stinging nettle plant 'kind of' resembles that of a pot plant? Just an observation 

I've always thought that too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I've always thought that too.

So you have to wonder what plants that sort of look alike all have in common in their biochemistry?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yeah, there are quite a few lookalikes. I would be interested to know too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Even the flowers are similar.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Nice find.My wife grows it in part of the garden.s&f

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Korean Perilla plant! Taste great too

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I hope it works but I won't hold my breath. I am always let down by alternative treatments.
I have prostate issues and someone here convinced me nettle tea would help. I bought some. It didn't.
Really hope it's true

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I hope it works but I won't hold my breath. I am always let down by alternative treatments.
I have prostate issues and someone here convinced me nettle tea would help. I bought some. It didn't.
Really hope it's true

Try experimenting with different concentration levels of nettle along with alkaline water perhaps? There has to be some sort of mixture that will work for you. Never give up brother

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Use real nettles. Not supermarket crap.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Some natural cures work for some and cause worse harm for others. Ginseng for example, can work miracles for some, and for me just a headache!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Angiogenesis, targeting the blood vessels that feed the tumor is the way to go.

And we can do that by eating certain foods that kill cancer.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Really hope it's true

I'm almost back to normal with cbd.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
sodium formate.

Also in bee stings.
I was attacked by hornets once when I was 15 and stung hundreds of times.

Drug companies , always trying to find new ways to treat an illness instead of cure them.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Home made fermented cabbage juice worked as a great pain reliever for pain in my stomach that I think came from ulcers.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

What a terrible joke played on the citizens of the world,the big pharmacy corporations,develop diseases,and they make no bones about it,then get rich by having the cure,we have let this happen too long,we are no more then lab rats

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Skywatcher thank you for sharing that awesome post about miraculous stinging nettles!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hi maybe more stinging nettle tea or soup?
4 days on & 3 days off works best.
What else is there? Pomegranates, pau 'd arco, graviola, noni, & cancerdefeated plus lots of natural fixes online.
Healing frequency music, Dolfeggio, Binaural & Schumann - the love frequencys of 8 Hz with 432Hz see attuned vibrations . com also see eco institute . org
Do a yeast detox, a chemical detox and a mercury detox if you have mercury dental work.
Fossil shell flour with olive leaf, green tea, hemp seed & blackcurrant juice may help.
All the best

top topics

join