It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Streaming Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So I've recently dumped my service with DirecTV, I was tired of being raped on pricing. I want to go to the new school (live streaming)

Have any all of y'all tried streaming services? Pros, Cons ETC? I want to make the switch but I would like to get some feedback on different options be I dive in head first.

Thanks in advance!

And, Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm using Youtube TV. It has an app built in to my TV, but the XBOX app works just as well. It works well with a chromecast too, but the phone app doesn't give you the "guide" view that lets you see a channel/time grid like the native Tv and XBOX apps. For $35 a month I get unlimited DVR and all the basic and local channels and I can share it with 5 family members through Google's family share.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
if you re into sports...

livetv.sx...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Try this.

Stream2Watch

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sites like that your browser / antivirus might block by agenda. You'll need Tor browser.

Some just live by torrents. A lot of the "tracker" sites need Tor now too. You also need a "client" app to load the .torrent files from the "tracker" sites.

And the KODI appliance (dont get in the UK). Its sort of streaming torrents / those other stream sites, in an appliance box. No monthly fee.

Then there's netflix/hulu/etc appliances. Roku I played with during Irma it was sleek simple and loaded with many 'proper' services.

Then Apple TV, but I cant speak much to it other than you can network you computer video music files in the house with a setup I saw years ago, and it does the services I guess.
edit on 29-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've used Roku and stream Slingbox, Hulu, Netflix, Hbo and am very happy. I chose to get ATT small business internet as my family are gamers and I didn't want to pay for overages in internet bandwidth.

I cut the cord about two years ago. Roku offers many different selections for streaming; many free.

I pay about $55/mo for unlimited internet.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I love my roku device.
Amazon prime sucks.
Netflix is good.
Hulu is ok but upgrade to no commercials.

Sling tv is 20 bucks and has nice options but it was always buffering even with fast dsl.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Kodi box with a VPN. The OS looks great and you can stream live sport in HD as well as watching everything else. VPN is a must and you need a good ISP.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I've used Roku and stream Slingbox, Hulu, Netflix, Hbo and am very happy. I chose to get ATT small business internet as my family are gamers and I didn't want to pay for overages in internet bandwidth.

I cut the cord about two years ago. Roku offers many different selections for streaming; many free.

I pay about $55/mo for unlimited internet.

Aside from the HBO, this is my setup exactly. In addition to the other above mentioned paid services, the Roku offers many other free "channels".

Best thing I ever did was "cutting the cord"

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Family members went with Hulu, apple TV and netflix from Xfinity and haven't looked back. I can say I have no clue, but their TV works just fine, no buffering.

Being a idjit I'm just using netflix and youtubes with a internet connection on the laptop. Been off regular cable for 5 years an don't miss it. OK...I miss the western channel, but will live.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ditching cable TV is a hell lot easier now. You can go with Hulu or Netflix for movies & TV shows. For live TV, Slingtv is a cheaper option when compared to any other service. If you know a bit-tech then Plexpass with antenna and tuner card can solve the problem of live tv.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

top topics

join