It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Swatting" prank may have led to death of a man

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I don't think he's responsible for the police killing anyone, that's their responsibility.

But if he never called the cops this would never have happened.

edit on 1-1-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Grambler

As a gamer there is nothing more annoying than a snotty nosed sore loser.

If I get beaten fair and square i'll take the anger out on myself, not others. I haven't played many online games but this swatting is just some sore losers taking revenge for getting their asses kicked.

In one way these younger gamers are a lot like Trump, they cry foul and accuse everyone of cheating if they get gibbed, gibbed meaning 'exploded into a mess of gore' and whine whenever nothing goes their way.

Lol...get out the shoe horn....someone wants to bash Trump outside of the actual topic.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is the body cam footage and the prank call.

Sick sick person doing the so called prank.
edit on 1-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Here is the body cam footage and the prank call.

And multiple people will be here soon defending that coward that shot that guy.

The state of this country...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You can be passionate and y'know....accurate.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You can be passionate and y'know....accurate.

If we could expect the same from all LEO this man wouldnt be dead with a closed casket funeral

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Right, because reading about this on the internet a week after it happens and answering a call for a guy who just offed his dad and is now holding hostages are totally equal in terms of stress.

I get the point you're making, but it's a pretty absurd comparison.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Is it?

They have the publics life in their hands. Every single American should expect to survive the day if they do nothing wrong.

Police cant kill someone, and then say it wasnt their fault. They may not carry all the blame here....but they pulled the trigger. They didnt do their due diligence.

If this story happened in a vacuum i would be nonplussed. But it didnt. It was just a month ago that another innocent victim was killed by police while laying in a las vegas hotel hallway damn near begging for his life

Maybe procedures need to change. I dont know....im not the expert. But to continue on as if the police arent killing innocent people while refusing to accept blame is ignoring reality

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

What i expect from police: professionalism. This means that i expect them to not only act polite in the face of angry people shouting insults at them, but to not kill people by mistake.

And if they do, to freaking own it. The chief of wichita PD was more about shifting blame than admitting that something in the process is broke

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yea that's not at all the point I made. At this point, there's really no reason to be so wildly inaccurate as is the case in the comment I replied to, "passionate" or not.

So, yes, comparing reading about something on the internet a week after it happened and being so absolutely incorrect about it with making a decision in the moment is an absurd comparison to make.

Literally nothing you've subsequently said pertains to what my initial comment was about. And it's not even as if I've argued points contrary to anything you've said, either. But you're welcome for the platform I guess.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes...so this is how effed up shatner Gets with the Police calls and often mistaken identity can be a real issue anyway when knowing who is actually in crisis and who needs to be defended.

This just shows about how much accountability and thoughtfulness is in the gaming community. I don't game anymore compared to my 20's as I'm 30's pushing 40's soon enough...Don't Play your life away because it goes and there's nothing to show for it just like any life threatening addiction to your own life and yes... in this case it really does affect others if not the family too.

On 4th of July when I was 20 I noticed overwhelmingly paintball shots on my apartment windows from a certain apartment building 4th floor across from my building. I was on 1st Floor and didn't know how to handle it too well.
My Mother was livid as hell and never was crisp or punctual in nature to begin with but oh she took charge and went to the wrong door just a floor down on 3rd level of that building.

I had done the police call so I waited to see what had happened?!

She came back as police on the way took about 10 min...4th of July always high volume in Phoenix for sure.

This guy...who wasn't in no way involved was trailing her in psychotic anger with knife...My Mom told me it sounded like he was going to murder family and then he answered and was after her!!!

# gets weirder...I tell her to come in and I tell him police are coming! I didn't see knife.
My Brother and a Friend are like don't open the door! Keep it closed till Police arrive and Deal with this Psycho! Craig..my brother Jason's friend says this is very typical of certain 4th July past times he has had too.

He keeps pounding on door and I answer yelling...." Why Do You Have a Knife ?" " " What are you even doing?"

The Psycho Rager with Knife who may have been distracted from hurting/killing family members Exclaims" Are you Threatening Me??!!"

Everyone barks at me "Close the Frecking Door!"
I did..I was going take this dude if he budged in slight because I didn't care and like a Cobra in Fights...A Blitz up Close. I don't take # even at 20 and more now.

The police showed up.....did something..talked..handled...soon knocked and asked " What Happened Here?"

No one got hurt but true story of Mistaken Identity in actual Real Event!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What i expect from police: professionalism. This means that i expect them to not only act polite in the face of angry people shouting insults at them, but to not kill people by mistake.

And if they do, to freaking own it. The chief of wichita PD was more about shifting blame than admitting that something in the process is broke

Agreed.

From the video released that the alleged 'ambusher' recorded, it's clear the cops did not have a warrant, he asked for a warrant, they broke his door down. They violated their oath and broke the 4th amendment, and they should be charged.

Arguably, breaking into a place without a warrant should be B&E and shooting at someone who is now acting in self-defense should be charged as attempted murder.

To push it, they should be made to view this audio (mostly) tape, and if they admit it is accurate, they should exhonorate this person and be made to pay reparations, replace his door.

Oh, and fired for breaking their oath. Normally a person who commits a crime where there is a death is charged -with- that death. Good luck having that applied here.

You can easily find the link and the website so I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm Truly Thinking A New Type Of Security Fire Arm needs to be issued to all Police Forces in this Nation at least..

I have a solution and with today's tech to only issue these firearms with failsafe tech engineered to a Ruger or Equivalent of standard officer's combustible firearm!

It's a hybrid security optic-electronics/metal-detection/speedometer- Radar that will lock gun to fire unless person is engaging with combustible firearm with officers!

It's not that expensive to create with a minor chip engineering with this type of sensor tech to lock gun unless a bullet within range is fired.

I don't care if an officer's life is in danger with one shot in range of any officer with this issued security firearm should be mandatory if an officer is going to use a firearm!

All these Gun Tech Sensors unlock all guns within range like walkie talkies anyway so one shot is all and they unlock all who are at scene for firing.

Otherwise no bullet will leave chamber until unlocked with engaged suspect's firearm first shot!

Anything else is fine...just no combustible firearm to take down apprehend suspect/hostile and engaged person!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It appears that the individual who made the prank call was still on the line with dispatch even after the victim was shot by police.

As police converged on a house at 1033 W. McCormick, a caller pretending that he had killed his father and was holding others hostage was still on the phone with 911

6:28 p.m. (Police had previously reported 6:43 and 6:46, but made a correction Friday): An officer on the north side of the house shoots Andrew Finch with one round.6:41: The caller tells 911 he has a black handgun.

6:42: The caller says he is by his mother’s closet.

6:43: The caller says he has his mother and brother at gunpoint and won’t put the gun away.

6:44: The caller says he has poured gasoline all over the house and is thinking of lighting it.

Asked why Finch was shot on the porch while apparently not holding a phone while the hoax caller was talking to a 911 dispatcher, Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay said Tuesday evening that was a difficult question to answer.

“Unfortunately we don’t have telepathy yet,” he added.

When the mere concept of communication is likened to having telepathic powers you have major problems.

SOURCE

<< 6  7  8   >>

join