It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Swatting" prank may have led to death of a man

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure how people can keep justifying situations such as this. Being killed at your door for no valid reason.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

But remember the police have more/better ways of tracing phone calls, even cellular ones, than we do. The question is did they even try?

"911 Did you say you killed someone and are about to kill again ?"
"Let me put you on hold when we get a court order to trace your phone."

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Tyler Barriss, the swatter, arrested in California.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And he apparently has a history of calling in bomb threats to various agencies and buildings. For the lulz

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And he apparently has a history of calling in bomb threats to various agencies and buildings. For the lulz

Yes, I have read that fact. It's time for him to learn about consequences.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Seriously though, what relevance has that got to do with a totally innocent man being literally executed on on his own front porch by police?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Seriously though, what relevance has that got to do with a totally innocent man being literally executed on on his own front porch by police?

If he doesn't make the call the guy does not die...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I don't think he's responsible for the police killing anyone, that's their responsibility.

Prank 911 calls are generally 30 days in jail. Maybe 90 days in some jurisdictions.

He should face his misdemeanor but it's in no way his fault if the cops decide to murder people in cold blood.

HIGHLY Disagree. 30 - 90 days in jail? How about paying for the amount of money it cost to assemble a swat team to the location. What about the lies that were told about the guy that he shot his dad, held his mom hostage and was about to set the house on fire? That is a huge allegation and borderline defamation of character. This scum bag should spend more than 30-90 days in jail. Yes, the guy didn't actually pull the trigger, the SWAT guy did, but the SWAT guy did what he did because of the information given. The SWAT guy felt he was in danger as the suspect (who wasn't even the right guy) reached near his waist causing the SWAT guy to feel in danger so he shot him.

The caller who gave the info set the tone for the SWAT team therefore he should be fully responsible for the action the SWAT team had.

That's like me giving someone a gun, then telling that someone that so n so killed your dad and now he is holding your mom hostage and about to set the house on fire. Then what happens after that is somehow none of my fault and I should only go to jail for 30-90 days.

NOPE! totally disagree.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

In all fairness he wasn't "Executed". He reached near his waist in which the SWAT guy felt in danger because of the context that he was briefed on. He didn't know at the time it was a BS call. He was going by the information given to him and acted accordingly. This was no Execution.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Somebodies already posted the bodycam footage on page 3, which proves this was common murder!

The cops were standing across the road taking cover behind there cars, well yelling out to the suspect to "show your hands"!

Well the suspect is standing on his porch yelling back "whats going on"? As anyone obviously would, if they were just minding there own business, just relaxing in there own home, before realizing there was a entire frickin division of police across the road barking demands at him...

Then these stupid morons just took this poor bloke out with one round to the head, for no real apparent reason!

Like seriously! This is suburban America, not the bloody middle east... how could anyone justify this?

In any other civilized country this situation would have been handled with logic & composure... the cops would have quickly found out this was a prank call and the prank caller would have had his arse handed to him with a $1000 fine and maybe some probation.

But not in America. When it come to the police, innocent people get executed, others get long jail/prison sentences... and as usual the police just walk away scot-free.

Land of the free!

Everything is lot clearer in hindsight isn't it? At that moment, the SWAT team did not know it was fake, they are going by the information given to them which was a highly sensitive situation according to the briefing. So don't you dare sit there saying they executed someone. They had in their heads, man dead, woman hostage, house with gasoline probably about to go in flames. Those are serious allegations and they were playing the situation off that information. But hey, let the guy who called in the false threat get away scot free right? He did nothing to cause this to happen. Nope, not one bit /sarcasm

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

The police claim he reached for his waist or is it on camera?

Too often in police shootings, the report claims the guy reached for something while the cameras show the opposite.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
trying to make contact with the residents of the home while also preparing a response... perhaps by asking the callers details of the scene, such as what if any cars are parked in the driveway or in front of the home, or a description of the home (all of which could also be very helpful information for the team preparing a response for a genuine crime) -- and if the caller isn't able to provide that information, or the responding officers find the information given is not accurate, they would have a pretty good idea all is not what was reported. I'm sure those with real experience and knowledge could come up with lots of good ideas -- better ideas. Where there's a will, there's a way.

What a bunch of horses--t

Yes, lets have the murderous psychopath play 20 questions also before we take em serious. Ever consider a person may be so high on something they barely know what a house is, much less the cars outside.

And how the hell would anyone even know what cars are outside your house anyhow? you want tracking done on all cars in some national database that shows everything in real time?

You way would get people murdered. Thank god people like yourself aren't calling shots...damn keystone cops.

you're wanting magic..gotcha.
If only we had some sort of genie..oh well.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Somebodies already posted the bodycam footage on page 3, which proves this was common murder!

I watched the video a bunch of times now and it seems to me they are yelling "walk this way" when he raises his hands fast to eye level..basically the move someone makes when taking aim.

I can clearly see why they took the shot.

I guess it will depend on who is watching the footage, but to me, that looked like a very aggressive move. Short of bangs coming a half second later, I am not sure what more you could do to look more threatening like you are about to shoot.

All moves must be very, very slow and just listen to what is being said...if you can't hear, then sloowly get to your knees, slowly raising hands higher and higher until you can lay down with hands far away from you and forward

So, whatcha think the swatter should get?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Too often in police shootings, the report claims the guy reached for something while the cameras show the opposite.

Where was his hands the second before the video footage started?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

That kind of logic is like saying, she wouldn't have been raped if only she didn't dress that way...

The victim did nothing to deserve to be executed on his front porch like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Where was his hands the second before the video footage started?

I don't know. Is there a video?

There is a video on page three. The police are pretty far away, like across the street. It doesn't look like he reached for anything. Obviously, he didn't have a gun and I can't imagine police felt threatened from that distance. Did the police scream instructions? Did they give the same instructions? Not like put your hands up, get on the ground, put your hands on your head all at the same time?
edit on 30-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe

We need to stop hiring pussies for officers!

Yeah, we should only hire wrestlers...someone about to murder their family...Bodyslam!
Someone gonna shoot down a bunch of kids at school..nothing a full nelson wont fix!

What world do you live in...sounds amusing.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So you are going to completely disregard the fact that the SWAT team went by the information given to them not knowing it was a prank?

of course you are. That's called selective observation. Anything to blame SWAT right?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

That kind of logic is like saying, she wouldn't have been raped if only she didn't dress that way...

The victim did nothing to deserve to be executed on his front porch like that.

You keep saying the word "Executed". He wasn't Executed and yes. the guy is right, if he never made the call, the guy would still be alive. you cannot deny that. It also cannot be compared to "if she didn't dress like that she wouldn't have been raped". Apples and oranges my friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What if it was real and that was a hostage the police shot?

What excuse do you have now?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join