It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Sighting pic real or fake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
While cruising the UFO Stalker Live map I stumbled across this sighting from Australia on 15th November 2017:

My husband was in the bathroom when i walked in. i glanced up through the high window and noticed what i thought was a blurry star, then another and another. as i leaned forward i noticed the lights were shaped in an arc. i said to my husband that it was odd. this is when he looked up too. he too remarked it was odd so i got my phone and took a couple of pictures. i thought they weren't very clear so went outside and took more. the lights were stationary and there was no sound. i felt no different as i initially thought they maybe have been from the football stadium but the positioning for this was off as well as the stadium only has 4 light towers and the lights point downward. we have seen the stadium lit up on hundreds of occasions and in many different weather conditions and it never had this effect on the clouds before. we then thought it may be the christmas lights from the large christmas tree that sits in the bay but again the positioning was off. i then thought it may have been some other event in the area that may have had lights on. there were no beams of light pointing upward but i still asked friends in our area through our facebook page and no one seemed to know any venue that had lights on or an event that would use them. i checked local news online but nothing came up. i am not sure how long the lights were there for but can only say how long we saw them for. we stood outside for approximately 15 minutes when the lights suddenly went out.

It includes incredible photos that my account won't embed. Is there any way to prove whether these photos are genuine or photoshopped?

MUFON UFO sighting Belmont, VIC Australia

Did a search for the same date and there are no other sightings in AUstalia on that day but there appears to be a similar sighting in Overland Park, Kansas on the same date; Fleet of pulsating light UFOS There are a cluster of sightings over Jackson, New Jersey except saying they saw a circle of 6 lights instead of the 11 lights in the Belmont photos;

I was up at 3 am because i couldn't sleep. so i decided to step on the porch for a smoke. as i was out there i noticed above the trees their were lights in the sky an at first it kind of looked like a beam. it would appear then disappear at different places among that area across the street over the woods. the problem at first was it was cloudy at night so i couldn't see an objects just the lights. so i watched an the next thing i knew it was above me an i never seen it come across the woods towards me. it was like a blink of an eye. it had 6 circled lights 3 on each side an if it was a ufo it had to be huge. i hurried up an ran inside i was to scared to come back out to take pictures. now there is a base near me an a airport but i've never seen anything like that !
New Jersey lights

What say you ATS; real or 'shopped? Do we have a mass UFO/UAP sighting here?

edit on 25-12-2017 by Kalixi because: Added sighting date

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Very interesting....here are the photos for you.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
saw this over Henley on Thames a few years ago, assumed it was just an event laser light pointed upward (possibly part of the Henley regatta). Still kinda think that, tbh, as it doesn't really match the more conventional sightings. Then again, you normally have one point that moves around with event lights that are shining in the sky, so this "splayed" motionless circular one is at least to me, hard to say which kind of "earthly disco light" it would be. But there are a lot of 'em. Thanks for sharing!

Note: The third pic, you can see a sort of "wide beam" underneath it emanating from the ground creating a sort of conical shape.

Why there aren't more definitive beams pointing to each spot though, I don't know.
edit on 25-12-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

It actually appears to me to be clouds lit from lights on the ground....called sky beams I believe.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Looks real enough to me but I think the source of the lights is on the ground.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

If the story is true then it is interesting. If not and it's a hoax, the I vote for an indoor pic with light reflecting on the window from a chandelier. But again, if these are outdoor pics, it's interesting. I will wait to see what others have to say.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lit op from the ground, I seen this twice in person..
The source was some kind of party with live music and a small light show.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It could be lights from a stadium. I googled and found 2 stadiums in Belmont but they are indoor basketball courts and are rectangular buildings.

Assuming it is a reflection from stadium lights, would they appear so tilted toward the viewer like that? I imagine that the circle of lights would be parallel to the ground and therefore appear like a straight cigar shape of lights instead of a ring facing to the viewer . Does anyone know?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It could be lights on the ground.

You can get some weird effects due to sky lighting, I was once convinced that a rave was being held in some clouds, I mean not really but it was a weird sight.

The light was being refracted, the source was about 30 miles away but watching it you'd think the source was 200 ft away.

I'm guessing what was happening was that light was being bounced off higher clouds and hitting the top of low lying clouds.

What you see depends on the atmosphere a lot of the time, other sources of light too.

I'm not saying this is what's happening with these pictures, there's a definite glow though.

Thanks for posting
it reminds me of a detailed report I remember reading in the UK UFO files they released a few years back, I can't find it but it was a very similar sighting but these circle of lights were revolving... The sighting was at dawn too, kinda dismisses the theory of sky lights.

Just thought I'd mention it, sightings like this do occur occasionally.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I can't say for definite how refracted light would appear but clouds are basically trillions of little water droplets, in motion I should add.

The viewer can only see light that is aimed at the eye, different angle different sight.

I'm basically saying, I ain't got a clue

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It actually appears to me to be clouds lit from lights on the ground....called sky beams I believe.

Takes Prize...

skyb eam advertising

edit on 25-12-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interesting,
There is a large area of the sky involved, while the camera is not on Zoom. Difficult to say if that part of the sky is hazy or foggy when it looks much clearer near the ground, while a fog or haze could certainly account for lights being reflected, of the fog or a LASER display ongoing, doing the same thing.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Coherent light from lasers wouldn't scatter and light up the clouds like that.

The smears of light would be more 'pinpoint' if that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Here's a website from one of the lighting effects company. They've got a whole set of cool UFO pictures as well:

www.stageeffects.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Light pillars

A light pillar is an atmospheric optical phenomenon in the form of a vertical band oflight which appears to extend above and/or below a light source. The effect is created by the reflection of light from numerous tiny ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere or clouds.

Nevermind,
Intrptr cleared that up for me..

edit on 25-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: smurfy

Coherent light from lasers wouldn't scatter and light up the clouds like that.

The smears of light would be more 'pinpoint' if that makes sense.

That's more often the case, and we do have a night club uses them here, but wispy cloud higher up, and where it is clear at a lower level can give that effect, and we get skies like that fairly often with the mountains being adjacent, and where lower down you may not even notice the beam.
Actually that's what makes this picture interesting, in the main you might expect that the lights are diffused and coming through from above, similar to a plane preparing for landing, but in low cloud or fog, but still, it could be lights originating from below somewhere.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Definitely not lasers.
My laser throws an intense purple blue beam all the way up over a mile. I have to make sure there are no aircraft in the area before lighting it off. It will even start a fire if aimed at paper from a foot away

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
real
however its not an ufo, the lights are spotights hitting the low cloud cover

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I like your pic better. 'Looks like' castles in the sky...

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
real
however its not an ufo, the lights are spotights hitting the low cloud cover

Spot lights would create much larger "spots" and illuminate the clouds much more, and also reveal their source at or near ground level shining up. These actually appear to be separate lights in a ring formation up in the cloud cover, and also not LASER's as another poster mentioned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join