It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again (or, How I learned to obey our Reptilian overlords)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, friends and enemies, reptilians, greys, spirits, light-workers, indigo-children, born-again Christians, crazies and whatevers..... lend me your ears!

If I may, please join me and raise a full glass of something fluid-like; blood is a possibility if that's "your thing", to our lovely hosts, moderators and their minions in this festive, media-driven, insanity-inducing buy buy buy period. They have guided, corrected and sometimes remonstrated us this past year. It was respectful and, to be honest on my part at least, somewhat deserved. Ahem... Yes, the gentleman at the back with his hand up...?

No Sir, the glass is not intended to be used as a weapon.... It contains your medication and you need to drink it! (I swear there's one every year...)

Anyway...where was I? Oh yes. Spanking! We all need a good spanking sometimes. Some of us learn to enjoy it, so I've heard tell anyway... Apart from a few intense and emotionally painful flash-backs involving a basement and pink fluffy restraints I'm fine!

To all the moderators, thank you for guarding the asylum and I hope you spend your days in a larger cell than mine with a better quality beer, more comfortable mattresses lining your walls and your own toilet. I love you all unconditionally. Truly. Ouch...!

To everyone else, the above message is honest and has in no way been forced from me by somebody twisting my arm half-way up my back. I still don't have bruises from the last time this didn't happen either.

Signed, (in blood)

Driver

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ever see One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"? It doesn't hold a candle to the book.

The system grinds on people, making them conform to it, or it puts people "away" to be mended, turned back into efficient cog consumers.

This day should be a reminder to all how programmed we are by crash consumerism...

"Medication time, Medication time..."

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Films can never portray a book truly as some things are ideas and non-visual but Jack Nicholson nailed his role with a huge sledgehammer. I enjoy watching him let loose the inner crazy.

(Here's Johnny!)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: intrptr

Films can never portray a book truly as some things are ideas and non-visual but Jack Nicholson nailed his role with a huge sledgehammer. I enjoy watching him let loose the inner crazy.

(Here's Johnny!)

I'm re-reading the book again right now, gots nothing to do with Nicholson. Everything to do with suppression of individuality, freedom of expression and conforming to the State.

Just like Christmas, for instance.

join